• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At NATO summit, Obama's ride is talk of the town

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Whoops, President Obama must have missed the memo on this one.

While the Portuguese prime minister and the Portuguese president of the European Union’s executive commission are tooling around the NATO summit here in no-emission electric vehicles, Mr. Obama is fouling the Lisbon skies with his no-efficiency "Beast," the eight-ton, diesel-fueled behemoth of a limousine the president carts around the world with him.

Obama is expected to discuss climate change and a common US-Europe approach to it when he takes part in a US-European Union (EU) summit after the NATO meeting on Saturday. But in the meantime, the Portuguese capital is being treated to a jarring dichotomy: the polluting "leader of the free world," on one hand, lumbering across town in the Beast with a phalanx of black Secret Service vehicles and Portuguese police motorcycles in tow; and the Europeans zipping around in smart electric vehicles, on the other.

At NATO summit, Obama's ride is talk of the town - CSMonitor.com

Practice what you preach? Certainly not....:lamo

j-mac

You feel the President should drive a moped and have all the security ride bikes to protect him or her?

Isn't he all about 'green energy'? or is that just talk, you know, for OTHER people.....?

j-mac

Isn't he all about 'green energy'? or is that just talk, you know, for OTHER people.....?

j-mac

Right so you want all presidents to ride on mopeds then correct, then turn stop using F16 and go back to turboprop Super Turcano's as they are more fuel efficient correct

Sometimes security protocals override environmental wishes

More empty snidery. Let it go, you lost to a black man. Start working for 2016, you might just have an outside chance by then.

:lamo 2016? Are you for real? You Obama kool aid drinkers will be lucky to fend off a primary challenge in 2012 within your own party.....2016.....pfft. :lamo

j-mac

Right so you want all presidents to ride on mopeds then correct, then turn stop using F16 and go back to turboprop Super Turcano's as they are more fuel efficient correct

Sometimes security protocals override environmental wishes

No, but other heads of state at this meeting are driving green vehicles why not Barry? Are you saying that he has a greater risk of harm?

j-mac

ap:

Portuguese media seems fascinated by Obama's limousine, a sleek, armored car they've dubbed Cadillac One.

Newspapers and magazines have run photos and half-page graphics marveling at the vehicle, which also is known in Washington as "The Beast" because of its extra-thick doors and huge tires.

Noticias magazine called it a "bunker on wheels." Sabado, another magazine, calculated that the gas-guzzling Cadillac cost more than three times the Portuguese president's unarmored car.

Socrates, meanwhile, arrived at the NATO summit in an electric car after a short ride across the Atlantic port city from his office in the 19th-century Sao Bento palace.

A major theme of Socrates' government is the shift to renewable energy. The country has been a European pioneer in the development of solar and wind power, and is setting up a national network of charging stations for electric cars.

Obama's limo attracted outsize interest from local media during portions of his recent trip to Asia, as well.

WHITE HOUSE NOTEBOOK: Bo and 'the Beast' - Yahoo! Finance

politics is big and little, it's whatever hits mom and pop IN THE GUT

obama and his beast look bad, he's a hypocrite, an elitist, with one standard for himself and his party pals and another for the rest of us

remember the time he told us who disagree with him essentially to shut up?

YouTube - Obama: I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking

how 'bout when he asked americans to rat out their neighbors to flag@whitehouse.gov for expressing fishy thoughts?

Facts Are Stubborn Things | The White House

remember when he tried to assuage his nervous membership by telling them that the difference between 1994 and 2010 is "you've got me?"

Berry: Obama said "big difference" between '10 and '94 is "me" - On Congress - POLITICO.com

obama's a buffoon, the g20 treated him like RODNEY DANGERFIELD

NationalJournal.com - America?s Rodney Dangerfield Moment - Friday, November 12, 2010

and you're STILL not embarrassed?

oh well

party on, i spose

No, but other heads of state at this meeting are driving green vehicles why not Barry? Are you saying that he has a greater risk of harm?

j-mac

Generally yes,

I think more people would like to kill the president of the US then the President of France

Generally yes,

I think more people would like to kill the president of the US then the President of France

Well, then maybe he needs to shut the trap on the greenie crap unless he is going to lead by example.

In any case, I don't think that there is much threat at this summit on him. But it does highlight the arrogance of his demeanor.

j-mac

But the Portuguese press is more interested in the Beast. Pages in Lisbon newspapers have been dedicated to cutaway renderings of “Cadillac One,” with charts and boxes offering every detail of the vehicle that the Secret Service divulges: the Kevlar tires, the special foam in the gas tank to immediately extinguish any fire from a direct hit, the supply of presidential blood.

That's so awesome.

More empty snidery. Let it go, you lost to a black man. Start working for 2016, you might just have an outside chance by then.

You're right about Obama's ride. I don't care. The only reason I'm posting on this thread is because of your reference to a black man.

America's first black president was elected in 2008. That was historic. The problem is that the first black president is incompetent. Do you dispute that? If so I would love to debate the question of Obama's incompetence with you. For example, the trip to South Korea where Obama's staff forgot to do the advance work necessary to nail down the KORUS Free Trade Agreement.

This has never happened before in American history. It is proof positive that Obama is an amateur and incompetent. This is what happens when inexperienced people are elected.

The tragedy of Obama's presidency is that there will now be a hesitancy to elect any black person as president. Even Condi Rice is now tainted. Is that racist? Probably. But it is what it is.

practice what you preach? Certainly not....:lamo

j-mac
THAT'S HILARIOUS!

I don't think any other president has ever been followed by alot of security or has been carted around in an SUV before. This only goes to show how out of touch Obama is. Shouldn't he have known that a bunch of loons on the right would actually try to make a big deal that he tries to actually provide security for himself? Who does he think he is? President of the United States? I can't believe he's actually travelling either. I don't think any other president has ever taken a trip outside of the country. It's shameful, that's what it is. Hasn't he ever heard of taking the bus?

Great post, I'm glad you're shining light on this travesty befalling out great nation.

Last edited:
Yay!!! More none news!!!!

Next we'll be hearing that the President's a secret vampire. :lol:

Blacula.jpg

America's first black president was elected in 2008. That was historic. The problem is that the first black president is incompetent. Do you dispute that? If so I would love to debate the question of Obama's incompetence with you. For example, the trip to South Korea where Obama's staff forgot to do the advance work necessary to nail down the KORUS Free Trade Agreement.

This has never happened before in American history. It is proof positive that Obama is an amateur and incompetent. This is what happens when inexperienced people are elected.

absolutely correct, everyone knows he's incompetent

there are a rapidly decreasing few who still try to defend him because they agree with his ideals

but all recognize he's inept

at the g20, in addition to the humiliation you recall, he was universally rejected, rebuffed, disrespected and sent home empty handed, according to the nyt, reuters, wsj, ap, the national journal

i could post a half dozen links (already have)

he went into that summit trying to cobble an international consensus against china's crass currency manipulation

but he departed for asia exactly 3 days after ben bernanke announced another 600B of qe, completely undermining the keystone economist's credibility

the international community was furious with him

and he couldn't forsee it

his amateurishness is truly stunning

seoul really was a rodney dangerfield moment for the tone deaf dummy

no one seriously denies it

when he went to china in november, 2009, no less an authority than leslie gelb (council on foreign relations) called it: AMATEUR HOUR AT THE WHITE HOUSE

Amateur Hour at the White House - Council on Foreign Relations

he was rudely rebuffed on that excursion on questions as disparate as currency, iranian sanctions, global warming, human rights and tibet

bonehead obama in the machiavellian presence of chairmen hu is like shirley temple meets vyachislov molotov

der spiegel's take on the same tryst---NICE GUY ACT GETS OBAMA NOWHERE ON WORLD STAGE

US Foreign Policy: Obama's Nice Guy Act Gets Him Nowhere on the World Stage - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

upshot---recognition, acknowledgement of the president's incompetence is not new

Back
Top Bottom