• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least seven shot – one fatally – overnight in NYC: NYPD

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

At least seven people were shot — one fatally — in the city’s latest round of gun violence overnight, cops said Monday.

The crime waves comes as new NYPD data shows a 64-percent spike in shootings this year versus last — representing 721 people wounded or killed by gunfire in 634 separate incidents.

The deadly incident came around 12:40 a.m. Monday at Morgan Avenue near Stagg Street in East Williamsburg when a gunman approached two men, 33 and 38, sitting in a Ford Mustang.
===============================================
NY, NY, it's a wonderful town..

Do we see a trend here? This used not to happen every day.

At least seven people were shot — one fatally — in the city’s latest round of gun violence overnight, cops said Monday.

The crime waves comes as new NYPD data shows a 64-percent spike in shootings this year versus last — representing 721 people wounded or killed by gunfire in 634 separate incidents.

The deadly incident came around 12:40 a.m. Monday at Morgan Avenue near Stagg Street in East Williamsburg when a gunman approached two men, 33 and 38, sitting in a Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Biden's America. Ugh!

This is what happens when a collective of idiot leftist nothings fall for the hate fueled race rhetoric by Marxists bent on destroying the country. Leftists have inflamed hatred vilified and ultimately defunded police agencies, and now the violent shitheads you have created have been let loose.

Please at least TRY to look shocked when you stare at your handiwork.

There are so many fireworks going off in the streets this year that nobody can tell it from gun fire.
Maybe it will calm down after the 4th of July.

there are websites that track the people gunned down every day. i visit them periodically.

they've been there for decades.

There are so many fireworks going off in the streets this year that nobody can tell it from gun fire.
Maybe it will calm down after the 4th of July.

I think the NYPD has remote microphones throughout the city that triangulate the location of gun fire so they can respond without waiting for someone to call. In NYC, few call for fear of getting involved.

I lived in Manhattan for a year. Believe it or not I saw the first graffiti I was to see in NYC. It was on the white tile wall of the W86th/American Museum of Natural History subway station: 'The Purple Unicorn Eats Paisley Peaches.'

it's not like these shooting are unusual. heck, the domestic shootings happen every day. this 26yo girlfriend in Arizona was gunned down by her boyfriend a few days ago because...

you guessed it...

jealousy.

oh, and he then killed himself. this one goes in the suicide column.

photo

I think the NYPD has remote microphones throughout the city that triangulate the location of gun fire so they can respond without waiting for someone to call. In NYC, few call for fear of getting involved.
Yes - And it's' supposed to acoustically differentiate between fireworks and gunfire. Pretty sophisticated technology.
I lived in Manhattan for a year. Believe it or not I saw the first graffiti I was to see in NYC. It was on the white tile wall of the W86th/American Museum of Natural History subway station: 'The Purple Unicorn Eats Paisley Peaches.'
I know it well. Great station. No graffiti there anymore.

Disbanded 800 man anti crime squad.

No bail laws.

de Blasio alienated the force and let protesters do almost what ever they wanted.

Nationwide anti police movements.

Liberal activist NYC District Attorneys implementing revolving door policies that allow criminals to be let loose back onto the streets.

Veteran police are now just waiting it out and leaving the force at 20 years and retiring in the early to mid 40's instead of staying longer. Many rookie cops are being trained by cops with 4-5 years on the job.

Disbanded 800 man anti crime squad.

No bail laws.

de Blasio alienated the force and let protesters do almost what ever they wanted.

Nationwide anti police movements.

Liberal activist NYC District Attorneys implementing revolving door policies that allow criminals to be let loose back onto the streets.

Veteran police are now just waiting it out and leaving the force at 20 years and retiring in the early to mid 40's instead of staying longer. Many rookie cops are being trained by cops with 4-5 years on the job.

Bail reform has nothing to do with it. In NYC about 70% of people charged with violent felonies were either given bail or pretrial detention in 2019. That percentage hasn’t changed in 2020 and 21. What has gone down is the percentage of non violent felons who’ve been given bail or detention.

Anti crime targeted getting guns off the streets but anti crime units also had a huge share of abuse claims against them. As well one off their main tools stop-and-frisk was, rightly, declared unconstitutional a few years ago.

Bail reform has nothing to do with it. In NYC about 70% of people charged with violent felonies were either given bail or pretrial detention in 2019. That percentage hasn’t changed in 2020 and 21. What has gone down is the percentage of non violent felons who’ve been given bail or detention.

Anti crime targeted getting guns off the streets but anti crime units also had a huge share of abuse claims against them. As well one off their main tools stop-and-frisk was, rightly, declared unconstitutional a few years ago.
Indeed. The city has even lost major lawsuits in the way they used to handle demonstrations. Policing the biggest city in the country is a challenge, and NYC still manages to do a lot better job than some of our smaller cities.

De Blasio has destroyed all that Dinkins, Rudy and Bloomberg worked hard to achieve.

Good job, Bill. You asshat.

De Blasio has destroyed all that Dinkins, Rudy and Bloomberg worked hard to achieve.

YUP, pretty sure his picture is posted if you look up the word asshat on Urban dictionary;)

Yeah - nobody was ever fatally shot under Dinkins, Rudy or Bloomberg.

(Oy Vey!)
:rolleyes:

LMAO

The very same people who whined about the anti crime unit......now want it back. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah - nobody was ever fatally shot under Dinkins, Rudy or Bloomberg.

(Oy Vey!)
:rolleyes:
Crime rates plummeted under those 3 (starting with Dinkins near the end of his tenure)

LMAO

The very same people who whined about the anti crime unit......now want it back. :ROFLMAO:

I’m certain they do. I’m also certain they want changes to address the problems that the unit had. It’s not a binary situation.

It’s also not clear that the community wanted the unit disbanded in the first place. It seems to have been a unilateral action by the commissioner.

I’m certain they do. I’m also certain they want changes to address the problems that the unit had. It’s not a binary situation.

It’s also not clear that the community wanted the unit disbanded in the first place. It seems to have been a unilateral action by the commissioner.

You mean the Mayor....right?

You mean the Mayor....right?
No I mean the police commissioner. He announced the change not the mayor. Certainly there was pressure to make changes and some of that came from
the Mayor but I’ve seen nothing to indicate the Mayor had input into the details of the changes made.

No I mean the police commissioner. He announced the change not the mayor. Certainly there was pressure to make changes and some of that came from
the Mayor but I’ve seen nothing to indicate the Mayor had input into the details of the changes made.

The commissioner doesn't make city policy. He folded to the pressure from deBlasio's office. There is no ****ing way the commissioner is going to take cops away from the most needed neighborhoods, and take the heat from the police union at unless the same time.

deBlasio was taking the money away anyways, so the commissioner had to make a decision.....................a very bad one at that.

That is what happens when you defund the police. The officer's know they will not get any support from the current administration.
The criminals are running wild and then this:

The state Legislature this weekend eliminated cash bail for most misdemeanor and non-violent felony offenses. The law goes into effect in January 2020.

Back
Top Bottom