• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least Seven Killed in Ohio Mass shooting

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
http://www.newsweek.com/ohio-mass-shooting-seven-killed-451348

The incident occurred at a home in Peebles, Pike County, around 70 miles east of Cincinnati. The victims are all believed to be members of the same family, according to WCPO 9 Cincinnati, citing the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

This just hit our morning news show. Its a mainly rural area which is often seen as the start of the Appalachian belt in Ohio

We live in sick times.

We live in sick times.

first guess-its a murder suicide. However, that is the part of the state where the Oxy epidemic along with crystal meth is running rampant. I have to leave for the airport for an pre-screening appointment with TSA and other things so I won't be able to add to this for several hours. I am sure our local stations will have lots of stuff on this

first guess-its a murder suicide. However, that is the part of the state where the Oxy epidemic along with crystal meth is running rampant. I have to leave for the airport for an pre-screening appointment with TSA and other things so I won't be able to add to this for several hours. I am sure our local stations will have lots of stuff on this
Oh God, not the TSA...

drugs are so safe and victimless.
once again proven to be a myth.

that is easy. I did mine a few years ago I have to check and see when my global entry needs to be renewed.
and the method of filling it out again.

that thing has saved me more time and effort than I can count.

Well you've had a entirely different experience than I.

maybe cause I am a guy who knows.
maybe it is because I have my global entry/pre-check.

Shooter is still alive, according to reports I just read.

Don't let them touch your junk. :mrgreen:

drugs are so safe and victimless. once again proven to be a myth. that is easy. I did mine a few years ago I have to check and see when my global entry needs to be renewed. and the method of filling it out again. that thing has saved me more time and effort than I can count.

Keeping drugs a criminal activity to be punished rather than treated sure is working... :roll:

Before the pre-screen pass I had a few issues with TSA- once they wanted to 'investigate' a 308 reloading die set. Eventually they let me go with a warning... :roll:

Did do the iris thing at Heathrow due to a series of trips to the UK back before the pre-screen- made their far more intense security a lot more bearable. That was about a decade ago.

I got a pre-screen pass without doing anything myself- it just appeared on my boarding pass one time and the agent explained it to me- get in the express line and you go through the process super fast, my metal belt buckle and shoes still on, carry on whipped right through... loved it... :peace

Keeping drugs a criminal activity to be punished rather than treated sure is working... :roll:

in order to get treatment one must want it. you can't force people into something they don't want to do.

Before the pre-screen pass I had a few issues with TSA- once they wanted to 'investigate' a 308 reloading die set. Eventually they let me go with a warning... :roll:

these things usually aren't an issue if you let the airline know upfront and check it in with them before you go through security.

Did do the iris thing at Heathrow due to a series of trips to the UK back before the pre-screen- made their far more intense security a lot more bearable. That was about a decade ago.

I hate heathrow I hope I never have to fly through there again.

I got a pre-screen pass without doing anything myself- it just appeared on my boarding pass one time and the agent explained it to me- get in the express line and you go through the process super fast, my metal belt buckle and shoes still on, carry on whipped right through... loved it... :peace

yep they are doing away with that though as airlines where handing it out to anyone.
it was only supposed to be reserved for the people that paid for it and were screened by the TSA or CBP.

I think they have dialed it back now as the TSA was like hey wait a minute.

in order to get treatment one must want it. you can't force people into something they don't want to do. these things usually aren't an issue if you let the airline know upfront and check it in with them before you go through security. I hate heathrow I hope I never have to fly through there again. yep they are doing away with that though as airlines where handing it out to anyone. it was only supposed to be reserved for the people that paid for it and were screened by the TSA or CBP. I think they have dialed it back now as the TSA was like hey wait a minute.

You missed my point on drugs... by keeping the distribution and use of drugs illegal we foster the most violent elements. Just like Prohibition gave rise to violent gangs fighting each other for control of the booze distribution in cities so too does this prohibition fuel massive drug gang violence. It also makes the price of these drugs super high and promotes addict criminal activity... A loratab costs less than buck at a pharmacy but goes for 5 to 7 bucks on the street.

it would be FAR more beneficial to turn drugs into a legal, regulated substance that no longer has the huge potential for profit and the access for addicts to no longer include stealing copper. It won't stop every addict from committing crimes but it will greatly reduce the numbers.

My reloading dies thing was over 15 years ago, been flying awhile now, they also confiscated the tiny ball point pen refill in a credit card 'survival' kit I had back then.

My latest use of the pre-screen boarding pass was in Feb. so they must have JUST recently dailed it back... lifetime Gold- I paid for it... :peace

You missed my point on drugs... by keeping the distribution and use of drugs illegal we foster the most violent elements. Just like Prohibition gave rise to violent gangs fighting each other for control of the booze distribution in cities so too does this prohibition fuel massive drug gang violence. It also makes the price of these drugs super high and promotes addict criminal activity... A loratab costs less than buck at a pharmacy but goes for 5 to 7 bucks on the street.

this is a myth. even if you make them legal the gangs will still exist. the cartels will make even more money.
they will still fight for control as they will not give up their territory.

it would be FAR more beneficial to turn drugs into a legal, regulated substance that no longer has the huge potential for profit and the access for addicts to no longer include stealing copper. It won't stop every addict from committing crimes but it will greatly reduce the numbers.

yes lets let every street in America turn into a friggen war zone instead of just the isolated area's that it is in now.
sure it has a huge potential from profit as the black market will not go away.
they will still steal copper as no one will pay them to work just as they don't have a job now.

they can't function. why? drugs.

My latest use of the pre-screen boarding pass was in Feb. so they must have JUST recently dailed it back... lifetime Gold- I paid for it... :peace
https://travelersunited.org/policy-columns/tsa-to-eliminate-freebies-in-pre-check-lanes/

If we legalize drugs, why would the current people making money off it simply vanish with the wind and all get jobs and become tax paying straight citizens?

this is a myth. even if you make them legal the gangs will still exist. the cartels will make even more money. they will still fight for control as they will not give up their territory. yes lets let every street in America turn into a friggen war zone instead of just the isolated area's that it is in now. sure it has a huge potential from profit as the black market will not go away. they will still steal copper as no one will pay them to work just as they don't have a job now. they can't function. why? drugs.

https://travelersunited.org/policy-columns/tsa-to-eliminate-freebies-in-pre-check-lanes/

gangs will still exist but again i never said the gangs go completely away... but there no longer are bootlegger shootouts... there are drug gang shootouts. The price of illegal drugs will collapse once the gubment wakes up to a medical issue instead of a criminal issue. Sure we should still go after drug gangs but again they will be a vestige of the now robust industry. This was done in Europe- didn't end illegal drugs- but does greatly reduce it.

Again drug addicts will never be pillars of the community but better to spend 5 bucks a day supplying the drug than 82 a day for them in county lock-up (and that's the rural lock-up, big city is far more expensive)

Don't think the reality of 'free' pre-screen matches the article. Again just this feb I flew to Florida using my 'free' pre-screen and had difficulty keeping up with the agent walking me through it... no huge lines. The huge line was for the regular screening process.

this is a myth. even if you make them legal the gangs will still exist. the cartels will make even more money.
they will still fight for control as they will not give up their territory.

yes lets let every street in America turn into a friggen war zone instead of just the isolated area's that it is in now.
sure it has a huge potential from profit as the black market will not go away.
they will still steal copper as no one will pay them to work just as they don't have a job now.

they can't function. why? drugs.

[emphasis added by bubba]
you post as if you have no knowledge of prohibition, and its aftermath
when government regulated and controlled the sale of alcohol, the crime cartels previously trading in spirits had to move onto something that was still lucrative

from what i read, there has not been a drug connection established in this massacre. have i missed those reports or are these posts about the drug trade a result of speculation that drugs were involved?

gangs will still exist but again i never said the gangs go completely away... but there no longer are bootlegger shootouts... there are drug gang shootouts. The price of illegal drugs will collapse once the gubment wakes up to a medical issue instead of a criminal issue. Sure we should still go after drug gangs but again they will be a vestige of the now robust industry. This was done in Europe- didn't end illegal drugs- but does greatly reduce it.

they said the same thing would happen to the black market in pot in CO. it is thriving. why? because they are getting
the same quality or better and charging 20 dollars less than the stores can price it at.
not only that they are robbing the stores for their money and pot lol.

Again drug addicts will never be pillars of the community but better to spend 5 bucks a day supplying the drug than 82 a day for them in county lock-up (and that's the rural lock-up, big city is far more expensive)

yea because it is so much better for them to rob people and places to get their fix than it is to put them in a place where they can actually try to get some help.

Don't think the reality of 'free' pre-screen matches the article. Again just this feb I flew to Florida using my 'free' pre-screen and had difficulty keeping up with the agent walking me through it... no huge lines. The huge line was for the regular screening process.

yea I have to fly out Friday. I feel sorry for all those people waiting in the regular screening line.

[emphasis added by bubba]
you post as if you have no knowledge of prohibition, and its aftermath
when government regulated and controlled the sale of alcohol, the crime cartels previously trading in spirits had to move onto something that was still lucrative

from what i read, there has not been a drug connection established in this massacre. have i missed those reports or are these posts about the drug trade a result of speculation that drugs were involved?

you haven't read much.

the black market in CA and CO are still going strong. they are making money hands over fist only now they have better distribution area's.
most gang violence is the result of drugs.

this will not end nor will it go away as if you legalize it they will look to expand their territory.

you haven't read much.

the black market in CA and CO are still going strong. they are making money hands over fist only now they have better distribution area's.
most gang violence is the result of drugs.

this will not end nor will it go away as if you legalize it they will look to expand their territory.

please share cites showing your presentation to be accurate

Back
Top Bottom