• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 9 dead in Kiev protests

Fallenangel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kiev, Ukraine (CNN) -- "At least nine people died Tuesday in protests in Kiev, seven of them civilians and two police, authorities said.
The casualties occurred after protesters set fire to the headquarters of the ruling Party of Regions and as violence roiled the capital for the first time in more than two weeks."

At least 9 dead in Kiev protests - CNN.com

Fallen.

Rest in peace, both for the police who were attempting to uphold the law, and the people who were doing what they believe is right, honestly I really hope they work things out in a peaceful manner in the very near future... but may I ask a question? and this may be a wee bit silly but I was just curious.... if you are taking part in a violent protest in which you are actively attempting to kill police, and damage property being considered a civilian seems a little... I don't know light? it kind of sounds like they were just innocent by standers who were murdered which I don't think is the case... I'm not justifying anything just.. a thought I guess :/

Kiev, Ukraine (CNN) -- "At least nine people died Tuesday in protests in Kiev, seven of them civilians and two police, authorities said.
The casualties occurred after protesters set fire to the headquarters of the ruling Party of Regions and as violence roiled the capital for the first time in more than two weeks."

At least 9 dead in Kiev protests - CNN.com

Fallen.

I don't think the political leaders of Ukraine are anything great, but where does the money come from to afford continued protests? Do wealthy Ukrainians support the protesters? What would they gain by allying with the EU? What do you think of the US Ambassador already discussing the future leadership, by name, of an allegedly free and democratic nation?

BBC -- "Ukrainian police are storming the main anti-government protest camp in the capital, Kiev, after months of occupation.
Explosions are taking place, fireworks are being thrown and large fires have broken out in Independence Square, known locally as the Maidan."

BBC News - Ukraine police storm main Kiev 'Maidan' protest camp

Is that the end?

Here is a LIVE broadcast from Maidan (in Ukrainian).

Fallen.

I don't think the political leaders of Ukraine are anything great, but where does the money come from to afford continued protests? Do wealthy Ukrainians support the protesters? What would they gain by allying with the EU?

These are very good questions. Unfortunately, I doubt that anyone actually knows the answers.

What do you think of the US Ambassador already discussing the future leadership, by name, of an allegedly free and democratic nation?
:shrug: ...he/she can discuss what ever she/he wants...

Cheers,
Fallen.

Back
Top Bottom