• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 6 people were killed in a shooting at a Walmart in Virginia, officials say. The shooter is also dead

People will still find ways to kill. Murders will not go down. The murderers will just substitute another weapon.

So you think that if the shooter at Club Q and the shooter at Walmart hadn't been able to access a gun they would have still killed 11 people by using a different type weapon?

Probably not.
Great job reveling in the bodies and suffering of others in order to advance your ignorant anti-gun bullshit.
i'm anti "people getting blown away". hell, if no one was blown away then i wouldn't give a shit.

here are some of the victims. their families forever changed...

photo

photo

photo

here are the other people who were gunned down...
photo

photo

i'm anti "people getting blown away". hell, if no one was blown away then i wouldn't give a shit.

here are some of the victims. their families forever changed...

photo

photo

photo
Look at you, enjoying having dead folks, and using their pictures to further your anti-gun cause.
Tragedies like this certainly make you smile.

Brian Pendleton, 38, of Chesapeake​

Pendleton made sure to be punctual. Although his shift as a custodian started at 10:30 p.m., he was in the break room when the shooting started just after 10, according to his mother, Michelle Johnson.

“He always came to work early so he would be on time for work,” she told the Associated Press on Wednesday. “He liked his co-workers.”

Pendleton had recently celebrated his 10-year anniversary working at the store.

His mother said he didn’t have any problems at work, except with a supervisor, Andre Bing, who was identified as the gunman.

“He just didn’t like my son,” Johnson said. “He would tell me that he [Bing] would give him a hard time.”

Pendleton was born with a congenital brain disorder and grew up in Chesapeake, his mother said.

“He called me yesterday before he was going to work,” Johnson said. “I always tell him to call me when [he] gets off work.”

As she was getting ready for bed, Johnson received a call from a family friend telling her there had been a shooting at the Walmart.

“Brian was a happy-go-lucky guy. Brian loved family. Brian loved friends. He loved to tell jokes,” his mother said. “We’re going to miss him.”

Look at you, enjoying having dead folks, and using their pictures to further your anti-gun cause.
you just get mad when people show the victims.

weird that.

The link: https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/us/chesapeake-virginia-walmart-shooting/index.html

The lede: "At least six people were killed in a mass shooting Tuesday night inside a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia, and the shooter is also dead, city officials said early Wednesday."

The comment: Guns.

Again.

Once again, our existing laws and their levels of enforcement were unable to prevent the tragedy of these deaths by gunshot.

On average, based upon data from 2020*, a death from gunshot occurs roughly every 12 minutes in the United States of America. Every 12 minutes, every hour, every day, around the clock.

Guns.

Again.

Ref: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Blaming the gun? It's not the gun!! I've owned guns for over 50 years. NEVER, have I seen one load itself, aim itself and pull its own trigger.

You going to blame knives for the horror in Idaho? You gonna blame the car when some AH plows through a crowd?

Do you blame the booze for drunk driving deaths?
Your pew research site says " In 2020,...13,620 U.S. gun murders and non-negligent manslaughters for which data is available,"
same year 2020 according to https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/drunk-driving
"In 2020, 11,654 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths"

The knee jerk reaction is to blame the gun. The root cause is much deeper.

They're water off a duck as far as gun nuts are concerned. They like guns, they want guns, and they'll kill to keep guns!,

Last edited:
They're water off a duck as far as gun nuts are cocerned. They like guns they want guns, and they'll kill to keep guns!
they want to make the people who are slaughtered, each day, into statistics with no faces, families, loved ones, stories.

it's not only easier for them that way, it helps with their goal (doing nothing to stop the carnage).

The 2nd Amendment isn't the problem; the direction of the Courts and their silly interpretations of the Constitution since about 2000 has been, remains, and will continue to be a massive problem. The GOP rigged the Courts with unhinged right wing ideologues who complain about judicial activism and then engage in exactly that on a scale unseen since the Roger Taney era.

geez, political finger pointing again. seems that's the default setting to some people.

for your reading pleasure. re: https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/

hint: there are legal methods to change Amendments.

There's nothing enjoyable about seeing the faces of people who were slaughtered by some unhinged paranoid man with a gun. But it apparently triggers some people to put a face to the names.

you just get mad when people show the victims.

weird that.
No, find your 'show pony' use of dead people absolutely depraved and revolting.
They need to be respected and mourned.

They're water off a duck as far as gun nuts are concerned. They like guns, they want guns, and they'll kill to keep guns!,
My, but what a stupid ****ing post, as usual.

So then why not do that instead of trashing someone putting a face to the names?

I know history. That is one of its many uses.

Ok

This is demonstrably false. Guns are not designed to kill.
... you don't know your history then...

So then why not do that instead of trashing someone putting a face to the names?
Because he is using them for his anti-gun cause.

So in other words exactly what I stated; killing and target shooting. If someone's coming at you with ill intent, are you aiming to wound or kill? Any other uses you can think of for this versatile tool?

Any uses for a car you can think of other than transportation and running over pedestrians? They're obviously designed for at least those two purposes.

You're just using the oldest trick in the book. Keep the faces of the victims out of the public consciousness so that they become numbers on a spreadsheet.

And it's sickening.

You're just using the oldest trick in the book. Keep the faces of the victims out of the public consciousness so that they become numbers on a spreadsheet.

And it's sickening.
They should be recognized, their lives celebrated, and prayed for.
Godless progressives will not pray for them, and will use their deaths and photos for their anti-gun rants.
Yea, you people are sickening.
Don‘t bother to address me again.

So you think that if the shooter at Club Q and the shooter at Walmart hadn't been able to access a gun they would have still killed 11 people by using a different type weapon?
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom