• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 6 people were killed in a shooting at a Walmart in Virginia, officials say. The shooter is also dead

Oh please! Why does the military get issued with them if they aren't designed to kill the enemy? Why not use water pistols instead...because?

Wrong on all levels.
We don't live in a shitty society.

Did you notice the words "in more than a decade" in the piece about Britain? The US has enjoyed 31 mass shootings in this November alone! So yes, you live in a shitty, violent and gun-obsessed society.

Let me say this first. I do respect a lot of your takes on here or I wouldn't try have this conversation with you.

This is uniquely an American problem. Why do you think that is.
The number of them is uniquely an American problem. Not the occurrence itself.

Did you notice the words "in more than a decade" in the piece about Britain? The US has enjoyed 31 mass shootings in this November alone! So yes, you live in a shitty, violent and gun-obsessed society.
Did you notice the words I responded to? Apparently not. For your convenience:

"It's why mass shootings are a thing here and nowhere else in the world."

Thank you for your opinion. I think your society is shitty, so there's that.

does anyone know if the pain of the family members who needlessly lost a loved one (again) has stopped yet?
Probably not.
Great job reveling in the bodies and suffering of others in order to advance your ignorant anti-gun bullshit.

Did you notice the words I responded to? Apparently not. For your convenience:

"It's why mass shootings are a thing here and nowhere else in the world."

Thank you for your opinion. I think your society is shitty, so there's that.
Well, I guess I should be wishing we had one mass shooting per day, instead of every ten years; y'know, keeping up with the Jones's and all that...

Probably not.
Great job reveling in the bodies and suffering of others in order to advance your ignorant anti-gun bullshit.
"Bullshit"? Every single advanced nation which enacted stringent legislation after an appalling shooting saw huge drops in gun-related deaths. But not America and your holy 2A; no amount of deaths is enough for you guys. Just shrug your collective shoulders until the next, inevitable, atrocity and let the daily carnage continue. And America touts itself as 'advanced'. I see third-world level slaughter, just behind Brazil. Congratulations, you'll make number one soon enough.

Shooter name released

The city of Chesapeake in a tweet said the shooter was 31-year-old Andre Bing of Chesapeake. He was armed with one handgun and had multiple magazines on his person, the tweet said.

1669302770622.png

"Bullshit"? Every single advanced nation which enacted stringent legislation after an appalling shooting saw huge drops in gun-related deaths. But not America and your holy 2A; no amount of deaths is enough for you guys. Just shrug your collective shoulders until the next, inevitable, atrocity and let the daily carnage continue. And America touts itself as 'advanced'. I see third-world level slaughter, just behind Brazil. Congratulations, you'll make number one soon enough.
Screaming ‘bullshit’ is his standard reply.

So you don’t understand the meaning of the term “for now”
I do, I just can't figure out why you think the possible future is of import in discussion of what is Constitutional now.

Will you come over and help confiscate guns?

In France alone since 2000 there have been 408 terrorist attacks, compared to the mass shootings this country has experienced since 1982, where there have been 137 mass shootings. In one year alone...2007...there were 590 terror attacks. The number of dead in Europe in a 20 year span due to terror related incidents dwarfs the total number of dead in mass shooting incidents in the US in 40 years.

Your poutrage is noted...but your hysteria is misguided.
This sounds off... where are you sitting those information?

Gladly, once you lot wake up, do something positive about the killing epidemic you're so desperate to defend, and realise this is 2022, not 1722.
It's already illegal for prohibited persons to possess firearms. You could start with them now. Take a flight into DC or Baltimore.

Make you defenseless against common criminals
I wasn't arguing registration. I was arguing against only being able to have .22 caliber handguns, hunting rifles, and shotguns, as was suggested.

Back
Top Bottom