• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 11 dead in attack at Nairobi hotel complex

Cool. So join up whatever squad is going out to the Middle East and kill extremists (and their eventual new recruits) to your hearts content and let us know how it goes.

When are you going to go over there and show how well the touchy feely **** works?

Cool. So join up whatever squad is going out to the Middle East and kill extremists (and their eventual new recruits) to your hearts content and let us know how it goes.
I did my time...7 trips worth. And if **** gets real here I figure we will all experience a bit of what they are going through there. Hopefully we will be smart enough to remain vigilant and aggressively target the ****ers every time they surface.

Do you understand the personal evil it takes to slowly cut a mans head off? To smash a childs head between two rocks? To kill an entire village not because they arent Muslim...but because they arent the right SECT of Muslim.

I know them. Do you?

When are you going to go over there and show how well the touchy feely **** works?

Nah...they would rather stay where its nice and safe and defend the sick twists.

Holy ****...I TRULY wish a bunch of them would pack their rainbow flags and their coexist stickers and go show us the way. Id watch the pay per view.

Holy ****...I TRULY wish a bunch of them would pack their rainbow flags and their coexist stickers and go show us the way. Id watch the pay per view.

One half would return meloncholy with other half's heads in baskets. Bewildered at the failure of their approach, if either half returned, at all. The ones not going still insisting that more communism, cokes and smiles is the ultimate and irrefutable solution.

I did my time...7 trips worth. And if **** gets real here I figure we will all experience a bit of what they are going through there. Hopefully we will be smart enough to remain vigilant and aggressively target the ****ers every time they surface.

Do you understand the personal evil it takes to slowly cut a mans head off? To smash a childs head between two rocks? To kill an entire village not because they arent Muslim...but because they arent the right SECT of Muslim.

I know them. Do you?

Not from first hand experience; only what I've seen and read. At no point have I excused or justify that kind of barbaric behavior, what we're discussing is if killing them does anything other than just kill those responsible. My original point was that we can't kill our way out of the problems with Islamic extremism. At this stage I don't know what the solution is anymore; I don't think there's one that involves foreign intervention and the social/economic changes that would help diminish these groups in their respective countries is vaporware.

I always love the leftist response to fighting fundamentalist Islam. You literally believe that if it werent for evil capitalists, there wouldn't be fundamentalist extremists killing people in the world. You believe you can love them and hug them and show them how much you care and they will join you in your quest to COEXIST.

You should put some muscle behind your hustle.

The only thing dumber than bringing a knife to a gun fight is bringing a gun to a God fight. We are at war with magical thinking and no amount of violence will change that fact.

I'm no fan of Islam, as an atheist. I realize, though, that they aren't the only source of ignorant, entitled, ass wipes on this planet, though. If we're going to exterminate them, let's include anyone who adheres to a magical worldview, whether they subscribe to spiritual or political or whatever dogma. Any ignorant belief to which people feel entitled to murder others over is a time bomb that reasonable people shouldn't have to risk killing them. But, the conservatives, here and abroad, lobby CONSTANTLY in favor of magic and, as such, they pose the greatest risk to everything that rational thinking has earned our species. I wish that all of the religious people, the fanatics of all stripes, had a separate planet where they could murder each other without it risking the secular society that the rest of us rely upon to provide rational governance. But, there isn't one.

The truth is, crazy religious zealots will always have an advantage over the rational. Crazy religious people have NO standards, as gods can require absolutely anything in defense of their one "true" faith. It's much harder for the rational to excuse mass murder. It is that inherent disadvantage that makes us feel so insecure.

Humanity isn't ready for any lasting peace as long as we prefer to indulge our fantasies at the expense of lives, liberty and rational society. I know you're not the only one who thinks like you do. However, if greater minds than yours (there must be very many) can find no traction in this false reality the religious and political fanatics have created, we are doomed to live in perpetual fear that their gods may demand they do the unthinkable. We are lost unless this planet gets blessed with a virus that attacks dumb ****s.

Let's pray for that.

Not from first hand experience; only what I've seen and read. At no point have I excused or justify that kind of barbaric behavior, what we're discussing is if killing them does anything other than just kill those responsible. My original point was that we can't kill our way out of the problems with Islamic extremism. At this stage I don't know what the solution is anymore; I don't think there's one that involves foreign intervention and the social/economic changes that would help diminish these groups in their respective countries is vaporware.
Killing them is literally the only thing they know.

You dont reason with fundamentalists.

Neither will work, and the "touchy feely" is your assumption and not my position. If we send a SF team and kill those responsible it will change nothing; for the purpose of vengeance killing a bunch of them will do, but not so much if your intention is to eliminate Islamic terrorist groups.

Unfortunately no, but killing them only helps their cause. In many ways it's a brilliant recruiting tool because they've managed to eliminate the one obstacle that usually chases away those not fully committed to an ideology: the threat of death.

That hasn't worked. The more you kill them the more martyrs they have to inspire others to the cause.

They will run out of fanatics before we run out of bullets.

I hope you remember that when American, Christian terrorists attack.

They will run out of fanatics before we run out of bullets.

That would mean committing the forces required to make that kind of impact. After the amount of US casualties piles up over years and no resolution is sight, people will want to not risk the lives of their people to an unending conflict. Extremists can play the long game because we have to go to their turf, and once we do that we not only have to deal with extremists but the locals who don't want foreign troops on their lands. The current administration is looking to scale back foreign intervention so that doesn't seem likely.

The only thing dumber than bringing a knife to a gun fight is bringing a gun to a God fight. We are at war with magical thinking and no amount of violence will change that fact.

I'm no fan of Islam, as an atheist. I realize, though, that they aren't the only source of ignorant, entitled, ass wipes on this planet, though. If we're going to exterminate them, let's include anyone who adheres to a magical worldview, whether they subscribe to spiritual or political or whatever dogma. Any ignorant belief to which people feel entitled to murder others over is a time bomb that reasonable people shouldn't have to risk killing them. But, the conservatives, here and abroad, lobby CONSTANTLY in favor of magic and, as such, they pose the greatest risk to everything that rational thinking has earned our species. I wish that all of the religious people, the fanatics of all stripes, had a separate planet where they could murder each other without it risking the secular society that the rest of us rely upon to provide rational governance. But, there isn't one.

The truth is, crazy religious zealots will always have an advantage over the rational. Crazy religious people have NO standards, as gods can require absolutely anything in defense of their one "true" faith. It's much harder for the rational to excuse mass murder. It is that inherent disadvantage that makes us feel so insecure.

Humanity isn't ready for any lasting peace as long as we prefer to indulge our fantasies at the expense of lives, liberty and rational society. I know you're not the only one who thinks like you do. However, if greater minds than yours (there must be very many) can find no traction in this false reality the religious and political fanatics have created, we are doomed to live in perpetual fear that their gods may demand they do the unthinkable. We are lost unless this planet gets blessed with a virus that attacks dumb ****s.

Let's pray for that.
I am all for sending an army of people like you in to hug it out with them. Seriously...I wish you and others would go and do it. Hell...I even wish it wouldnt. I just know that as soon as they could your ass would be dangling from a bridge somewhere. And I think you know that too.

Fundamentalist extremists are not reasonable or rational and they see any response that is NOT the equivalent of a size 13 boot up their ass as weakness. Let them operate freely and they will. Kill them with extreme prejudice and they scamper back into their caves. Smash their ****ing skulls in as soon as they are foolish enough to peek their head out from under a rock ad you keep them in check. But the odds of them one day waking up and deciding to be benevolent and loving and caring to everyone who aint them aint happening. If you know that and you know that they are invested in killing as many children they can in schools, as many unarmed men women and children as they can in malls and souks everywhere, in short...killing for the sake of killing in the great and glorious name of Allah...then your response should be to aggressively kill them.

And thats not about religion. Thats about reality.

I hope you remember that when American, Christian terrorists attack.
Ive NEVER not called out fundamentalist acts that were done by Christians in the name of God. Earlier in this thread I freely compared the Muslim Extremists to the Westboro Baptist church sect. The difference is not in their fundamental ideology. The difference is that the Westboro Baptists church assclown will scream at you and the Muslim fundamentalist will kill you.

Unfortunately no, but killing them only helps their cause. In many ways it's a brilliant recruiting tool because they've managed to eliminate the one obstacle that usually chases away those not fully committed to an ideology: the threat of death.
No...it doesnt and no...its not. Thats liberal tripe that you are spoon fed. They join because they start with a fundamentalist belief, have extreme poverty, and are convinced that their path is a path to riches in heaven. THATS why the vast majority join them.

This is nothing new. Muslim Fundamentalists have been doing this long before we got involved.

Neither will work, and the "touchy feely" is your assumption and not my position. If we send a SF team and kill those responsible it will change nothing; for the purpose of vengeance killing a bunch of them will do, but not so much if your intention is to eliminate Islamic terrorist groups.

Kill enough of them and there'll be no more to retaliate.

Do you mean to paint with that broad a brush? Might want to tighten up the criteria.....just sayin’.

Again, that hasn't worked; there were sizable amounts fighting in Syria and Iraq. The Obama administration carried out all sorts of drone strikes to kill their top officials and other known associates but to no effect; even after killing Bin Laden. You say to keep killing them, but what does that mean logistically; are we keeping troops in the region for decades more?

Do you mean to paint with that broad a brush? Might want to tighten up the criteria.....just sayin’.
Fundamentalists...yep. I do.

BUT...dont let my thoughts on them stop YOU from gathering up a bunch of folk and go aand sit down with them. Love them. Help them to embrace women...and homosexuals...and Jews...and Christians...and anyone that is not of their particular sect. You have my blessing and my best good thoughts on your journey.

Again, that hasn't worked; there were sizable amounts fighting in Syria and Iraq. The Obama administration carried out all sorts of drone strikes to kill their top officials and other known associates but to no effect; even after killing Bin Laden. You say to keep killing them, but what does that mean logistically; are we keeping troops in the region for decades more?

It's worked many times throughout the centuries.

Or at least the ones left will be a lot less feisty.

Back
Top Bottom