• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At Least 103 New Coronavirus Cases in 8 States Linked to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
103 COVID-19 Cases in 8 States Linked to S.D. Motorcycle Rally | PEOPLE.com

South Dakota
Minnesota
North Dakota
Nebraska
Wyoming
Montana
Wisconsin
Washington

There is a zero chance that they will be able to track everywhere that those party goers took COVID. I bet the Sturgis COVID is in almost all states by now. "Probably" not Hawaii of course.

Hey small business owners. You guys enjoying this shutdown and potential loss of your livelihood?

There's going to be a lot more, from asymptomatic people bringing the plague home to their friends and family.

Meh... as President CheetoTan would say... "It’s going away. It’ll go away. Things go away. No question in my mind that it will go away."

There's going to be a lot more, from asymptomatic people bringing the plague home to their friends and family.

Some people will actually bring it home and kill their own family members.

How's that for a party?

It's a shame the riots didn't receive this much attention. This has motivated people to attend large gatherings. I think BLM should be held responsible for any outbreaks from Sturgis.

It's a shame the riots didn't receive this much attention. This has motivated people to attend large gatherings. I think BLM should be held responsible for any outbreaks from Sturgis.

Or political rallies.

103 COVID-19 Cases in 8 States Linked to S.D. Motorcycle Rally | PEOPLE.com

South Dakota
Minnesota
North Dakota
Nebraska
Wyoming
Montana
Wisconsin
Washington

There is a zero chance that they will be able to track everywhere that those party goers took COVID. I bet the Sturgis COVID is in almost all states by now. "Probably" not Hawaii of course.

Hey small business owners. You guys enjoying this shutdown and potential loss of your livelihood?

And yet California has had a mask mandate for two months now where they are getting worse, having over 4000 new daily cases and 100-200 daily deaths and yet you want to talk about 103 people from the Sturgis event. Biased much?

And yet California has had a mask mandate for two months now where they are getting worse, having over 4000 new daily cases and 100-200 daily deaths and yet you want to talk about 103 people from the Sturgis event. Biased much?

Well maybe you should join everyone else and agree that ALL large gathering, ESPECIALLY ones where no social distancing is practiced and no masks are worn. By the way the reason California is have a huge spike is exactly why Texas and Florida had theirs, the number of people that thought they did not have to follow the damn safety rules.

Well maybe you should join everyone else and agree that ALL large gathering, ESPECIALLY ones where no social distancing is practiced and no masks are worn. By the way the reason California is have a huge spike is exactly why Texas and Florida had theirs, the number of people that thought they did not have to follow the damn safety rules.

Are you willing to admit that mask mandates don't work? Why concentrate on 103 people testing positive when California is so bad with a mask mandate that over 100 people die every day and over 4000 people test possible every day? Isn't that more newsworthy than 103 people? Why doesn't California make the liberal news with those statistics?

Are you willing to admit that mask mandates don't work? Why concentrate on 103 people testing positive when California is so bad with a mask mandate that over 100 people die every day?

Nope the mandates do work it is the Lack of Enforcement that causes the issue, some people have to be told how to behave during a pandemic, like any spoiled child does, and punishment needs to follow up if they disobey.

Nope the mandates do work it is the Lack of Enforcement that causes the issue, some people have to be told how to behave during a pandemic, like any spoiled child does, and punishment needs to follow up if they disobey.

So, you're saying that mask mandates DON'T work.

This remains ****ing hilarious to watch. Idiot leftists are so desperate to try to fabricate some hand wringing out of the Sturgis rally and what you have found is THIS.

In Minnesota, there are potentially a total of 27 cases that MAY be due to the Sturgis rally. 27...total...as of today. There were initially 15 reported on 21 August. So...a total of 27...that MAY be related to Sturgis...in 4 days.

Meanwhile, Minnesota has on average 7 HUNDRED new cases of COVID reported daily.

2,800...and you are ****ting yourself over 27.

This remains ****ing hilarious to watch. Idiot leftists are so desperate to try to fabricate some hand wringing out of the Sturgis rally and what you have found is THIS.

In Minnesota, there are potentially a total of 27 cases that MAY be due to the Sturgis rally. 27...total...as of today. There were initially 15 reported on 21 August. So...a total of 27...that MAY be related to Sturgis...in 4 days.

Meanwhile, Minnesota has on average 7 HUNDRED new cases of COVID reported daily.

Go back and read the title to this thread...…

By the way it has not been long enough to know where all they spread the virus and who got it, the numbers Will grow, count on that.

Go back and read the title to this thread...…

By the way it has not been long enough to know where all they spread the virus and who got it, the numbers Will grow, count on that.
There were 460,000 participants at Sturgis this year. There are 103 cases possibly related to Sturgis.

Meanwhile...the states with the pandemic 'explosions' never experienced the crisis numbers people were anticipating and the numbers are ALL back down below the outbreak figures.

You should dig yourself a deeper hole.

Are you willing to admit that mask mandates don't work? Why concentrate on 103 people testing positive when California is so bad with a mask mandate that over 100 people die every day and over 4000 people test possible every day? Isn't that more newsworthy than 103 people? Why doesn't California make the liberal news with those statistics?

no, of course not. Masks and social distancing definitely help minimize spread. That's been proven.

As for your comparison, it's silly...a few thousand people in SD at an event vs several million in a state? Not to mention that the people that attended in SD traveled back to many other states so wont show up in a total. :doh

Even so...103 from SD...*so far*...vs 400/day in an entire state of millions? The SD event seems to have been a significant spreader and we dont have anything close to a final count yet. Do you think that unless they get seriously sick, those bikers are going to admit anything or get tested? :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Some people don't understand you can have all the Mandates in the world but if they are not followed or enforced they won't do a dang bit of good
Have a nice evening

i'm gonna mandate that everyone wears a mask. 3 outta 10 end up wearing a mask.

MANDATES DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude. at one point there was one case in our country.

ps: you against the protests (to stop the spread of COVID)?

dude. at one point there was one case in our country.

ps: you against the protests (to stop the spread of COVID)?
I doubt it. I doubt there was EVER '1 case'. Considering how badly China and the WHO lied and covered up the start of this pandemic its far more likely that there were HUNDREDS in this country if not thousands before it ever even became known.

And while I have probably pointed out a time or two the mindless hypocrisy of the idiot leftists on this site that **** themselves over people going to church while celebrating the rioting and looting going on, no, you have never heard me say anything about putting people on lockdown. If we are actually going to survive this thing we have to live through it. Its tragic that the people people dont look at the actual FACTS regarding the impact this has had in the country. The by far vast majority of people that have died with covid related illnesses were at or past the average life expectancy, not in good health, and had other contributing factors. When you take away the 78 and older demographic that Cuomo trapped in his COVID ovens, what you find is the death rate is FAR LOWETR than a standard flu. 83,000 of the total 103,000 deaths by by July were from people with health problems 65 years old and older. Add to that the fact that we have learned a lot and are treating patients more effectively, what that comes down to is the fact that we will very likely lose more people to drug use and addiction, suicide, etc DUE TO COVID, during that time than we actually will to COVID.

I doubt it. I doubt there was EVER '1 case'.

here, let's do some basic stuff that maybe you can understand...

was there ever one case in the world?

There were 460,000 participants at Sturgis this year. There are 103 cases possibly related to Sturgis.

Meanwhile...the states with the pandemic 'explosions' never experienced the crisis numbers people were anticipating and the numbers are ALL back down below the outbreak figures.

You should dig yourself a deeper hole.

Really you know that is the normal attendance, not 202 numbers got a link?

Too early to tell what the impact is yet, or don't you understand how the virus works?

Are that low that I have to keep digging to get to you?

Some people don't understand you can have all the Mandates in the world but if they are not followed or enforced they won't do a dang bit of good
Have a nice evening
Correct and with enforcement they do work far better.
Back at ya...

i'm gonna mandate that everyone wears a mask. 3 outta 10 end up wearing a mask.

MANDATES DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add hefty fines and guess what. They Do Work.

Back
Top Bottom