• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 100 killed in suspected Islamist attacks in Niger

Like the others, you simply view ANY even valid criticism of Islamic doctrine as an attack on all muslims.

A criticism of a religion's doctrine is a criticism of all members of that religion.

A criticism of a religion's doctrine is a criticism of all members of that religion.

Well, except you don't seem to apply that logic when it comes to Christianity. Or is it that you just don't have a problem with criticizing all Christians?

Well, except you don't seem to apply that logic when it comes to Christianity. Or is it that you just don't have a problem with criticizing all Christians?

I gave it as an example of why it doesn't work to criticize everyone in a religion. Your defensiveness proves my point.

I gave it as an example of why it doesn't work to criticize everyone in a religion. Your defensiveness proves my point.

I, of course, wasn't referring to your example. And I am an atheist. You have a double standard and much too dishonest to admit it.

Who's tying every Muslim to the radicals?

He claims you are because ANY criticism of Islamic doctrine is condemnation of all muslims And when he says "There are plenty of endorsements of mass murder and genocide in the Bible" somehow it is not a statement of all Christians. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have no standards at all.

Again with the stupid assumption that anything done by a Pope is in accordance with the bible. QUOTE the text they are following. Your silly theory of the biblical authority of the Pope was ONE verse that gave Authority to one person. Peter. No mention of a pope, successor or Catholic Church

Again with the fantasy that thousands of years of religious leaders didn’t know what was in the Bible. They followed their own religious teachings bud.....and used that as an excuse for mass murder. But hey, I get that you are desperately grasping at straws.

Again with the fantasy that thousands of years of religious leaders didn’t know what was in the Bible.
Ive denied that 3 time now. I think we at least deserve new strawmen from you, not reusing the same one over and over again.

So invade Niger?
Nope. Why would we invade the whole country? The gov't of Niger's on our side. We just send in a few hundred Marines to work with the locals to wipe out these murdering swine.

Oh look, more desperation from you.

Desperation is using the same strawman 4 times in a debate

and if you claim the Popes didn’t know the teachings of the Bible I’ll outright laugh at you.

Lol yeah, the Popes didn‘t know anything about Christianity. That’s plausible😂

If you think the Popes and the Church hierarchy didn’t know what the Bible said, you are kidding yourself.

Again with the fantasy that thousands of years of religious leaders didn’t know what was in the Bible.

Desperation is using the same strawman 4 times in a debate

Desperation is throwing a tantrum and wailing about “liberals” because you can’t handle your delusions being exposed.

The Popes used their religious texts as justification for mass murder. Those are the facts bud.

Desperation is throwing a tantrum and wailing about “liberals”......

My one and only use of the term "liberal" in this thread.

He claims you are because ANY criticism of Islamic doctrine is condemnation of all muslims And when he says "There are plenty of endorsements of mass murder and genocide in the Bible" somehow it is not a statement of all Christians. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have no standards at all.

What are you babbling on about now?

Desperation is throwing a tantrum and wailing about “liberals” because you can’t handle your delusions being exposed.

The Popes used their religious texts as justification for mass murder. Those are the facts bud.
Those darned Popes!

“Terrorists” have killed around 100 people in two villages in western Niger, the latest in a string of civilian massacres that have rocked the jihadist-plagued Tillaberi region, a local mayor has said.

Ho hum, another day - another Islamist massacre. No matter how many people Islamists kill, the Western world seems determined to never wonder aloud how much 'Islam' there is in 'Islamist'. Many on this forum simply refuse to accept the possibility of a connection, regardless of how easy it is to prove that connection.

Qur'an 9:111 - Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed.

Let the whataboutism begin.

I have to say, Steve, that you are a tad naive to think that Lefties here give a rats about Christians in any African country. They do not care! Rather than condemn the slaughter, which is constant, the lefties divert to how bad Christianity has been in the past, tis what they always do. Why they can't just say "Wow, that's not good, that has to stop" proves to me that blacks in Africa just do not matter to the lefties in America. Shrug...tis what one expects.

The ONLY passage from their religious texts youve presented that you allege justifies mass murder is-

18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth

the verses dont mean what you think they mean. And a beautiful contrast to the passages direct from the koran that clearly justify killing the unbelievers.

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

[2.193] And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah...

2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you, and h is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.

[2.244] And fight in the way of Allah,...

[2.246] ...May it not be that you would not fight if fighting is ordained for you? They said: And what reason have we that we should not fight in the way of Allah, and we have indeed been compelled to abandon our homes and our children. But when fighting was ordained for them, they turned back, except a few of them, and Allah knows the unjust.

[3.151] We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they set up with Allah that for which He has sent down no authority, and their abode is the fire, and evil is the abode of the unjust.

[3.169] And reckon not those who are killed in Allah's way as dead; nay, they are alive (and) are provided sustenance from their Lord;

[4.74] Therefore let those fight in the way of Allah, who sell this world's life for the hereafter; and whoever fights in the way of Allah, then be he slain or be he victorious, We shall grant him a mighty reward.

[4.76] Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the Shaitan. Fight therefore against the friends of the Shaitan; surely the strategy of the Shaitan is weak.

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

[9.111] Surely Allah has bought of the believers their persons and their property for this, that they shall have the garden; they fight in Allah's way, so they slay and are slain;

[9.123] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

[47.4] So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them,

The Koran -- Browse

...... more deflection and denial .....

Moonlight Lady makes a great point. You couldn't even bring yourself to post a perfunctory "although the killing of over 100 people is a tragedy....." before launching into your usual program of deflection, denial, and lies. Shame on you.

Moonlight Lady makes a great point. You couldn't even bring yourself to post a perfunctory "although the killing of over 100 people is a tragedy....." before launching into your usual program of deflection, denial, and lies. Shame on you.

Yawn. Its always amusing watching bigots wail about how anyone else should feel “shame”.

Niger’s population is over 98% Muslim and you immediately jumped into your usual campaign of desperately trying to lump them all in with the extremists, who you and your ilk consider the “true believers”. It’s the Muslims of Niger— and other countries of the region— who have been fighting and dying to stop the extremists while you on your couch and posture meaninglessly. Your squealing is as meaningless as always.

The ONLY passage from their religious texts youve presented that you allege justifies mass murder is-

18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth

the verses dont mean what you think they mean. And a beautiful contrast to the passages direct from the koran that clearly justify killing the unbelievers.

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

[2.193] And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah...

2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you, and h is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.

[2.244] And fight in the way of Allah,...

[2.246] ...May it not be that you would not fight if fighting is ordained for you? They said: And what reason have we that we should not fight in the way of Allah, and we have indeed been compelled to abandon our homes and our children. But when fighting was ordained for them, they turned back, except a few of them, and Allah knows the unjust.

[3.151] We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they set up with Allah that for which He has sent down no authority, and their abode is the fire, and evil is the abode of the unjust.

[3.169] And reckon not those who are killed in Allah's way as dead; nay, they are alive (and) are provided sustenance from their Lord;

[4.74] Therefore let those fight in the way of Allah, who sell this world's life for the hereafter; and whoever fights in the way of Allah, then be he slain or be he victorious, We shall grant him a mighty reward.

[4.76] Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the Shaitan. Fight therefore against the friends of the Shaitan; surely the strategy of the Shaitan is weak.

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

[9.111] Surely Allah has bought of the believers their persons and their property for this, that they shall have the garden; they fight in Allah's way, so they slay and are slain;

[9.123] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

[47.4] So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them,

The Koran -- Browse

Yawn. And no amount of desperation from you can change the fact that over the years untold tens of millions of Muslims haven’t killed or harmed anyone......which flies dircetly in the face of despite your claims about what their religion supposedly wants. Nor does your desperation change the fact that the highest earthly religious authorities in Christianity repeatedly authorized mass murder and genocide.....and based the slaughter on their religious texts.

In short......you’ve got nothing.

“Terrorists” have killed around 100 people in two villages in western Niger, the latest in a string of civilian massacres that have rocked the jihadist-plagued Tillaberi region, a local mayor has said.

Ho hum, another day - another Islamist massacre. No matter how many people Islamists kill, the Western world seems determined to never wonder aloud how much 'Islam' there is in 'Islamist'. Many on this forum simply refuse to accept the possibility of a connection, regardless of how easy it is to prove that connection.

Qur'an 9:111 - Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed.

Let the whataboutism begin.

Im far more concerned with the American Maga terrorist group.

Im far more concerned with the American Maga terrorist group.

You referring to the one guy armed with a fire extinguisher or the window breakers?

Back
Top Bottom