• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 10 people shot outside spring break party at Dallas venue

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

At least 10 people were wounded in a shooting outside a Dallas party venue late Saturday, including an 18-year-old man who was hospitalized in critical condition, police said.

The gunfire erupted just before midnight at The Space, an event venue in South Dallas, after multiple people were turned away by security when they tried to enter with firearms, according to a report and police.

Joe Morgan, who was working crowd control for a spring break party at the venue, told WFAA that the suspects grew irate when security searched them and tried to confiscate their weapons.
=========================================
I'm beginning to think that TX has multiple problems with guns.

This case sounds like 'Get out of my way because I have a gun & this is TX.'

The stars at night..

Now that everyone has a gun this will only increase.

Instead of fist fights the cowards, Trumpists, pull guns.

Are you trying to tell me that "constitutional carry" into a club was denied in Texas?

How about "constitutional carry" in Texas police stations, courthouses, and places where politicians work their magic?

Lock the shooters up for Life with NO Possibility of Parole !!!!!
We need laws within the Domestic Terrorism Guidelines to ensure these people who shoot at a public gathering of any type, "get's LIFE WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE. PERIOD

People should not take their dumb SAVAGE ACTING ass to any public or social events, if they can't act civil and respect the civility of society.

Are people trying to blame this on the NRA? Sounds like more of a local gang banger situation to me.

At least 10 people were wounded in a shooting outside a Dallas party venue late Saturday, including an 18-year-old man who was hospitalized in critical condition, police said.

The gunfire erupted just before midnight at The Space, an event venue in South Dallas, after multiple people were turned away by security when they tried to enter with firearms, according to a report and police.

Joe Morgan, who was working crowd control for a spring break party at the venue, told WFAA that the suspects grew irate when security searched them and tried to confiscate their weapons.

The stars at night..

Hmmmmmm

It would be just another day in Chicago. Texans are wimps compared to the sub human culture in south side.

Is that what happened here? Do you actually have any idea at all what went down or are you just here to bash gun owners and Trump supporters?

Lock the shooters up for Life with NO Possibility of Parole !!!!!
We need laws within the Domestic Terrorism Guidelines to ensure these people who shoot at a public gathering of any type, "get's LIFE WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE. PERIOD

People should not take their dumb SAVAGE ACTING ass to any public or social events, if they can't act civil and respect the civility of society.
Not much for American values are you?

Is that what happened here? Do you actually have any idea at all what went down or are you just here to bash gun owners and Trump supporters?

That is what guns are for on the weekend. Proving who has the bigger dick.

You know how the Rahm Emanual quote goes.... "You never let a serious crisis go to waste."

Not much for American values are you?
I'm not for people going to anything public, whether its a house party or a public venue, commercial district or any environment of civic and civil society - "shooting"!!! I'm not for people riding in public shooting from a vehicle !!! I'm not for people breaking in other peoples homes, business or robbing persons or businesses and certainly not shooting innocent people in any setting.

I'm not for people going to anything public, whether its a house party or a public venue, commercial district or any environment of civic and civil society - "shooting"!!! I'm not for people riding in public shooting from a vehicle !!! I'm not for people breaking in other peoples homes, business or robbing persons or businesses and certainly not shooting innocent people in any setting.
None of that matters when you eliminate due process. And if those issues that you specify were really American values, we wouldn't have the 2nd Amendment lockstep that gun owners seem to express as critical to our way of life.

None of that matters when you eliminate due process. And if those issues that you specify were really American values, we wouldn't have the 2nd Amendment lockstep that gun owners seem to express as critical to our way of life.
Due Process is how our systems arrives at "Issuing Sentences" The process of our Judicial System hopefully functions to find the guilty party, "guilty".

in the last 30 years, firearms have increased
By over 270 million yet the homicide rate fell.

The stars at night..

GOLLY! It sure is too bad that Texas is a Gun Free Zone, otherwise a "Good Guy With a Gun" could have slapped leather and....OOOOOOPPPSSSSS!!!!

NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!:oops:😧

gun nut.gif

By over 270 million yet the homicide rate fell.

I'll bet modern trauma centers played no part in any of that.

And you should check the stats today. Gun Nuts run amok in the Gun Nut Nayshun.

The stars at night..

Where were all the "good guys" with guns?

Thoughts and Prayers for the gun industry as they will doubtless endure more attacks against their very existence from the heartless gun grabbing left.

The guns can't speak up for themselves, we have to do it for them!

/sarcasm

I just saw this. My great-nephew lives in Richardson, Texas which is a Dallas suburb. It was his birthday this weekend. (I had a strawberry cheesecake sent to him from Junior's in New York.) He had wanted to have a party at a restaurant Saturday night, but told me that it was impossible because the restaurants were closed for spring break. Therefore he and his partner were going to have the party at their house and order food in. I never heard of restaurants closing for spring break. I would have assumed, from the little I know about spring break, that restaurants do a booming business then.

What was going on that there was a large get together and a shooting? Why were many Texas (or at least Dallas) area restaurants closed for spring break? (I am glad my great-nephew was at home and safe!)

I'll bet modern trauma centers played no part in any of that.

And you should check the stats today. Gun Nuts run amok in the Gun Nut Nayshun.
270 million guns added, violent crime and homicide rates fell. Realitysucks for you

I just saw this. My great-nephew lives in Richardson, Texas which is a Dallas suburb. It was his birthday this weekend. (I had a strawberry cheesecake sent to him from Junior's in New York.) He had wanted to have a party at a restaurant Saturday night, but told me that it was impossible because the restaurants were closed for spring break. Therefore he and his partner were going to have the party at their house and order food in. I never heard of restaurants closing for spring break. I would have assumed, from the little I know about spring break, that restaurants do a booming business then.

What was going on that there was a large get together and a shooting? Why were many Texas (or at least Dallas) area restaurants closed for spring break? (I am glad my great-nephew was at home and safe!)

This was at an event venue that only hosts private events...

Joe Morgan, 55, was working crowd control at the venue Saturday night, where a group of teens were hosting a spring break party, he said. Morgan said hired security for the event confronted some of the patrons before he heard the sound of multiple guns being fired from across the street.

Morgan said “chaos” erupted, and he was trampled by people fleeing from the party.

“A lot of the kids were helping the other kids,” Morgan said in the aftermath of the gunfire. He recalled seeing people shot in the chest, thigh, arm, lower leg and shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom