• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 10 dead, dozens more injured in double suicide bombing at Istanbul airport

Re: At least 10 dead, dozens more injured in double suicide bombing at Istanbul airpo

Sorry Dave, I don't have any emotions.

Re: At least 10 dead, dozens more injured in double suicide bombing at Istanbul airpo

If they don't follow the laws of their faith they aren't truly a member of the faith.

We've beaten this one to death. I guarantee you there are plenty of people who identify themselves as members of a religion who do not follow it to the letter. If you want to say they aren't truly a member of that faith that is just your personal view. Not anything I can say to change your view. If someone tells me he is a Mandaean then that's what he is.

Are you calling me a liar?

Sorry Dave, I don't have any emotions.

edgy x100

:cool:

It is not nice to be a name caller, Dave. Perhaps an apology would be appropriate.

Just like the Bible has many passages that can be used to justify murder that most Christians ignore. Doesn't make those passages go away. It just means that many Christians find a way around them. That doesn't stop there from being Christians who do take those passages seriously and who do follow them and who do hurt people because of it. Christians don't get a pass when their book is every bit as disgusting as the book of the Muslims.

Because CHRISTIANS follow Jesus who taught peace and love and to not enforce the laws of the old testament. Killing in the name of Jesus is not following the religion established by Jesus while killing in the name of Mohamed is doing as Mohammed did.

There's nothing outrageous about the truth. Just because you don't like the truth doesn't stop it from being the truth.

Opinion isn't truth. If you want to state facts that lead you to your bizarre, poisonous conclusion then state them but don't be so dishonest to posit opions as fact.

How about the dictionary? Christianity: the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.

How do you know if people have faith or really believe in something...unless they tell or show you? Can a dictionary tell you what's in someone's heart and mind? So what other religious tests do you have to prove whether someone has enough faith and belief to qualify as a true believer?

They killed so many teachers but people hardly know this fact unfortunately

I think the various Kurdish groups and the IRA have alot in common as that they are a guerilla group, a terrorist group, a criminal group, and a charity orgainization all at the same time. Therefore, it is very difficualt to describe them. It is the same for the IRA's protestant paramiltary opponents.

Speaking of northern Ireland, maybe that peace treaty could serve as a model for the Turkish / Kurdish conflict?

After 25 years of "tit for tat" violence and centuries of periodic wars, the two tribes realized that they could neither win, nor be defeated. They then worked out alot of compromises. Some of the compromises were big (power sharing, amnesties etc.). Others were small (who can parade past what church at what times playing what songs and what street they must leave on).

In the end, the two tribes stopped fighting and have learned to tolerate each other. They still dont like each other though. But, they dont need to like each other. They just cant keep killing each other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom