• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At a Young Russian Soldier’s Funeral, Denunciations of ‘Ukrainian Nazis,’ Soviet Dissolution

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

VORONEZH — On a cold March morning in a southern Russian suburb, several dozen people gathered at a church to say goodbye to one of their own. Inside a coffin wrapped in the Russian flag and the paratroopers’ standard lay 21-year-old Kirill Ulyashev — one of the thousands of Russian servicemen believed to have died in Moscow’s nearly month-long “special military operation” in Ukraine. “Kirill is here as a warrior of Christ,” the priest began. “He fought against evil, Satanic spirits: Ukrainian Nazis, created by American multinational corporations.” The priest — Father Gennady Zaridze, a short, plump, bespectacled man with a long beard streaked with grey — is something of a local celebrity in Voronezh. According to local journalists, on Christmas Day 2015, the priest was granted a personal meeting with President Vladimir Putin, who was visiting town. At Sunday services, Maybachs and Rolls Royces belonging to the loyal elite line up outside his church on the edges of town. “The destruction of the U.S.S.R. was a great deceit visited upon the Russians,” the priest continued. “There was no law by which the republics were dissolved. Everything that was built after 1990 is a lie. All this will soon come to light, and you will know it.”

Four days before the funeral, on March 12, a military commandant had arrived at the Ulyashev family's home to report that their son had died in Ukraine. According to the paperwork, sapper Kirill Ulyashev had died two weeks earlier, on Feb. 27 — the third day of Russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine — from wounds inflicted by a mine. He had received shrapnel wounds to his abdomen, arms and legs. The young man’s remains were brought home to Voronezh in a zinc coffin on March 15, his body so badly damaged that even his parents were forbidden to open the coffin. "How can you be sure it's him? We were told to just accept that he is no more,” said Kirill’s friend, 20-year-old Ira Fedorova. On Feb. 26, Kirill wrote to his family from the forests north of Kyiv, telling them that everything was alright. The next day he was dead, killed on the approaches to the Ukrainian capital. About 50 people laid red carnations atop the coffin. After that, the body was again loaded into the hearse and taken to a rag-tag cemetery just across from a small supermarket. An officer in his 30s from Ulyshev's airborne brigade showed up and re-told the circumstances of the young man's death to the gathered mourners. “Kirill died in the village of Bucha near Kyiv. Their group carried out a combat mission and encountered the Nazis. The soldiers completed their task in full. Unfortunately, in this battle we lost our paratrooper brother, our comrade.

Even the Russian war dead are used for propaganda purposes. Ukraine estimates that over 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed so far in the stalled invasion.

Even the Russian war dead are used for propaganda purposes. Ukraine estimates that over 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed so far in the stalled invasion.

It is really disturbing that a Priest would make those comments. Even the Pope has denounced this war.

US intelligence is estimating around 7,000 Russian soldiers killed.

It is really disturbing that a Priest would make those comments. Even the Pope has denounced this war.
How else are you going to fight those evil gay parades?

The US isn't on the ground in Ukraine.

But I do think 15,000 is somewhat bloated. I would estimate 9,000 to 12,000.

Remember, the Russian military has mobile crematoriums in the field.

I saw a video yesterday from the Kyiv area. The Ukrainians had a refrigerated semi-trailer filled with Russian bodies.

I hope it is hooked up to a gasoline generator.

9,861 is very realistic number , Ukraine is much worst for Moscow than A-stan war was for ussr​

Priest? no, a KGB agent !

Calling Patriarch Kirill a KGB agent is not an insult - Bulgarian ...

https://risu.ua › Home page › News › World news

14 Apr 2021 — The Bulgarian court did not see slander in the words of former Deputy Prime Minister of Bulgaria Valeri Simeonov, who called Kirill Gundyaev ...

Russian Patriarch 'was KGB spy' | World news | The Guardian​

https://www.theguardian.com › world › feb

12 Feb 1999 — A secret Soviet-era document uncovered in Estonia suggests that Patriarch Alexy II, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church and spiritual ...

Priest? no, a KGB agent !

Calling Patriarch Kirill a KGB agent is not an insult - Bulgarian ...

https://risu.ua › Home page › News › World news

14 Apr 2021 — The Bulgarian court did not see slander in the words of former Deputy Prime Minister of Bulgaria Valeri Simeonov, who called Kirill Gundyaev ...

Russian Patriarch 'was KGB spy' | World news | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com › world › feb

12 Feb 1999 — A secret Soviet-era document uncovered in Estonia suggests that Patriarch Alexy II, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church and spiritual ...
Thanks for the info. I would appreciate it though if you did not alter my post especially since i was only one sentence

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate it though if you did not alter my post especially since i was only one sentence

You are always best off ignoring Litwin. Just my 2¢ from experience.

The US isn't on the ground in Ukraine.

But I do think 15,000 is somewhat bloated. I would estimate 9,000 to 12,000.

Remember, the Russian military has mobile crematoriums in the field.

I saw a video yesterday from the Kyiv area. The Ukrainians had a refrigerated semi-trailer filled with Russian bodies.

I hope it is hooked up to a gasoline generator.

It's not unusual to take the number of estimates from valid sources and divide the total by that number. (15 + 7)/2 = 11. Right in-between your range.

The reports I am saying that it's between 7 to 15k, with another 20 to 30K either captured, missing or wounded

9,861 is very realistic number , Ukraine is much worst for Moscow than A-stan war was for ussr​

Average the 3 sources, Ukraine Russian tabloid and the US, you get 10,620 to which the Russian tabloid is closest.

Back
Top Bottom