• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At a secret airfield in Eastern Europe, a multinational effort to send weapons to Ukraine proceeds at high speed

I am not sure that Putin understands the "shat" into which he's thrown Russia.

Things are going to ge A LOT WORSE in Russia and it could be so bad that someone will be pushed to get rid of him. And, surely he knows that and is taking precautions.

But, sooner or later, IT will happen.

Those that took advantage 20-years ago and sent their billions to other countries have already paid the price of Putin's recent excursion into the Ukraine. Their funds have been sequestered - and they are highly unlikely to get them back. They will be held in sequester and wait until a genuine democracy takes its place in Russia, whereupon they will be given back.

And it can't be soon enough ...

Just wondering of your opinion?

Usually, we think of the military or populace precipitating an over-throw; but, do you think the Oligarchs can facilitate an over-throw? Do they have the power & reach?

i said logically possible , so no that does mean risking WW3 immediately.

however, if he continues to other countries that are in NATO, we are going to need to take a stand.

I suspect if Putin touches a NATO country, WW3 is on. NATO is nothing, if it does not defend its members en masse, and the world order will fall.

I understood the 95% number to be the troops and support that Putin had built up around Ukraine. There are reports that it is 100% as of now.

I have no idea how CNN and others are coming up with that figure.

But if Putin is committing 100% of his military resources to the Ukraine, it shows his desperation. If he didn't have nukes, and a front opened up against his country somewhere else, his country would be defenseless.

It's definitely secret. CNN says so.

With all the content in this thread, much of it (IMO) quality content, this is the best you can contribute?

Stop petro purchases from Russia, which would go a great way towards starving Putin's war machine.

Yes, I agree we can do that. There's no argument on that point. But it's a bit beside the point since only 1-3% of our gas comes from Russia. The lion's share of their money comes from Europe, and unfortunately I don't see any solutions to that that aren't long term (not that long term solutions aren't ultimately very important).

Last edited:
Yes, I agree we can do that. There's no argument on that point. But it's a bit beside the point since we only 1-3% of our gas comes from Russia. The lion's share of their money comes from Europe, and unfortunately I don't see any solutions to that that aren't long term (not that long term solutions aren't ultimately very important).

Sadly, I might agree.

It could come down to how much (economic) pain Europe is willing to take, to impede or remove Putin. We shall see.

I suspect if Putin touches a NATO country, WW3 is on. NATO is nothing, if it does not defend its members en masse, and the world order will fall.
I would suspect that too, but then again I worry because ( and I actually am not political sniping here, but its how I feel about how his admin has done.) Biden is our president.

I have no idea how CNN and others are coming up with that figure.

But if Putin is committing 100% of his military resources to the Ukraine, it shows his desperation. If he didn't have nukes, and a front opened up against his country somewhere else, his country would be defenseless.
100% of the built up forces pre-invasion.

100% of the built up forces pre-invasion.

Thanks!

Yes. Just found that out via Politico, and was going to post it.

BTW - I've seen reports that Putin is recruiting Syrian mercenary soldiers!

I would suspect that too, but then again I worry because ( and I actually am not political sniping here, but its how I feel about how his admin has done.) Biden is our president.

All sincere & respectful opinion are welcome! (y)

That would be interesting, if true.

I've been seeing general headlines claiming Putin has placed 95% 'of his military' to Ukraine, though I have no idea what that means exactly.

I wonder why he sent the older equipment in? Perhaps to keep the good stuff for defense, just in case?
I read that Russia has 22,710 tanks total and 12,500 of them sent to Ukraine. Russia would never move it's entire army away. That would be dangerous and stupid.

With all the content in this thread, much of it (IMO) quality content, this is the best you can contribute?
If it's "secret" then why does CNN know about it? If CNN can figure it out is it possible that Putin has too?

If it's "secret" then why does CNN know about it? If CNN can figure it out is it possible that Putin has too?

Oh come on. It's not info available to the public. CNN's been everywhere, including earlier with Zylensky. They're a trusted news source, as exemplified by their not revealing confidential information in my OP article.

As to Putin's intelligence, who knows what the psycho knows or doesn't know? He couldn't even get a badly needed supply convoy less 40 miles! The Russian military is looking pretty inept.

And yet all it would take is 'Putin logic' to be that the west doesn't want nuclear war, and so he can get away with attacking the NATO countries on his border. A miscalculation. How safe to have the world not being nuked rely on his not doing that.

I read that Russia has 22,710 tanks total and 12,500 of them sent to Ukraine. Russia would never move it's entire army away. That would be dangerous and stupid.
So was attacking Ukraine.

Stop petro purchases from Russia, which would go a great way towards starving Putin's war machine.
The war machine is already built; it would create political instability in Russia threatening Putin's power and HOW the machine is used.

and about 200+ of those 12,500 have been destroyed in 12 days.

They're a trusted news source, as exemplified by their not revealing confidential information in my OP article.
Only because they don't have Geraldo working for them.

"I can't tell you where we are, but let me draw it in the sand...."

Only because they don't have Geraldo working for them.

"I can't tell you where we are, but let me draw it in the sand...."

Hah!

But despite his Fox affiliation, I still think Geraldo's a decent enough guy.

Hah!

But despite his Fox affiliation, I still think Geraldo's a decent enough guy.

I don't want you to think that I'm bagging on you because you seem like a nice person, but you should consider a screen name and profile picture change. :)

Back
Top Bottom