• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At 25, do I have to start considering dating women with children?

Avoid if at all possible.

No you do not.

I can assure you from experience that at 25, you need to accept a life of loneliness and despair.

It sucks, but there it is.

Oh, how I wish that I were kidding.

Usually this is a deal breaker for me. It's not so much the kid; it's having to deal with the baby daddy and all of that baggage.

Being of a more mature generation and having more then a few young men in you age range around, my answer would be no.

Look fool, you have a coice that means you can pick and choose. Only a dumb ass would buy in to an instant family.

IMO when you're young try to discover yourself, what you want, what's ideal, and try to make that into reality.
If baby daddy is not ideal, don't pursue it. By 30, if you're still having no luck, you may start backing off ideal to be more...realistic. But until then, I'd not lower standards because if you do end up married, you want it to be as close to ideal as you can envision at the time. If you have no interest in marriage/family of your own, then none of this is really relevant ;o

IMO when you're young try to discover yourself, what you want, what's ideal, and try to make that into reality.
If baby daddy is not ideal, don't pursue it. By 30, if you're still having no luck, you may start backing off ideal to be more...realistic. But until then, I'd not lower standards because if you do end up married, you want it to be as close to ideal as you can envision at the time. If you have no interest in marriage/family of your own, then none of this is really relevant ;o

At 25, you've got lot's of time to be picky. I am 39, on the other hand, so I kind of have to be open to it. Especially since I have kids.

Usually this is a deal breaker for me. It's not so much the kid; it's having to deal with the baby daddy and all of that baggage.

If the woman you are dating has money and is a nice piece of ass...who gives a **** if she has a kid

When I was 25, kids was a for sure deal breaker.
Had a couple girlfriends with kids, I swore never again.
Married the first one with no kids. LOL
Wife now has a son, but he is 26. 18 when I met him and out of the house.

Why? In big cities there are lot of single unmarried working professional women into their 30's. In places in the south people get married and start having kids early.

Na, they just start having kids.
Of the 20s generation, almost all our nieces that have kids. No husbands. Stepson cant find a girl his age with no kids.

Of the 20s generation, almost all our nieces that have kids. No husbands. Stepson cant find a girl his age with no kids.

Weird virtually everyone in my friend group is unmarried with no kids and are climbing the corporate ladder. Guess we run with different groups.

Weird virtually everyone in my friend group is unmarried with no kids and are climbing the corporate ladder. Guess we run with different groups.

I dont know what it is. Other than an extention of the grand parents who had 11 kids. When I was that age, no way would I be tied down.

I dont know what it is. Other than an extention of the grand parents who had 11 kids. When I was that age, no way would I be tied down.

I agree....there's no way I'd want to be 25 with kids. My parents had my brother and I at 18 and I have no idea how they did it. For the most part alot of my married friends are even opting out of having kids.

Not with driven or professional city women, which is what he was talking about.

I'm 24, and I've always lived in cities. The majority of my peer-aged friends are slightly older than me. None, of either sex, have kids.

Some would like to eventually. Some never will. But none do now.

Last edited:
The State in which the OP resides obviously influenced the reply. It was moronic and as previously posted, ****ing stupid...

I would imagine it probably depends on where you live in Alabama, and surely you would agree one would have more choices in place like NYC?

If the woman you are dating has money and is a nice piece of ass...who gives a **** if she has a kid

You're not getting a piece of ass when the kid has daycare trips or a 101 fever or an overwhelming need for mommy to hold him.

You could always assassinate the kid/s and keep her all for yourself. Of course, you'd have to have no problem killing kids, but it's always an option.

Just to put that out there.

Back
Top Bottom