• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Asteroid headed towards earth

If God punishing us for electing Donald Trump

• 1. Yes, God is angry at us for electing Donald Trump

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 2. No, there's no famine yet

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 3. It's not looking good.

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
NASA: A truck-sized asteroid is headed toward Earth one day before the November election

An asteroid has a slim chance of entering the Earth's atmosphere November 2, or one day before the US election, according to NASA.

Named "2018VP1," the asteroid is pretty tiny, with an estimated diameter of 1.8 to 3.9 meters, NASA data show.

It's only 0.41% likely to actually impact the Earth, but celestial objects that size tend to burn up in the atmosphere anyway, NASA told Business Insider.

NASA: Asteroid headed toward Earth before November election - Business Insider

Plague

Civil unrest

Economic strife

Murder hornets

Asteroids

California is on fire

Parts of Seattle seceding from the union.

Is God punishing us for electing Donald Trump?

We're pretty much screwed. On November 2 an asteroid will buzz the earth. The good news is it's about 7 ft in diameter (or whatever the shape). 2. Even if it hit the earth, I doubt if anything would happen, perhaps a nice show. It would be vaporized before hitting ground.

Be sure to duck and you should be fine.

Of course not. But God may be punishing us because of you. Tell us more about yourself. :)

Plague

Civil unrest

Economic strife

Murder hornets

Asteroids

California is on fire

I'm sure God will make sure it hits in a liberal area :lamo

Vote early.

Plague

Civil unrest

Economic strife

Murder hornets

Asteroids

California is on fire

The reason Trump is president is because God was angry at the left. I didn't see that option.

Why God would carry out a punishment which also affects those who voted for Hillary or a third party candidate is beyond me.

Plague

Civil unrest

Economic strife

Murder hornets

Asteroids

California is on fire

Asteroids are not to be trifled with. My uncle had asteroids. Poor sumbitch couldn't walk or even sit for a month.

Plague

Civil unrest

Economic strife

Murder hornets

Asteroids

California is on fire

Shouldn't a truck size piece of rock be more of a meteor?

The reason Trump is president is because God was angry at the left. I didn't see that option.

No, the reason Trump is prez in because of gullible and apathetic people

Plague

Civil unrest

Economic strife

Murder hornets

Asteroids

California is on fire

I would say that using natural disasters for a message is probably not the best idea since it leaves the message extremely open to interpretation and its just as likely people will assume the wrong message than the right one.

I think people this country is doing it to ourselves in our arrogance (not the asteroid, but everything else could have handled if we had been a better people).

Civil unrest - smarter economic and law enforcement policy that doesnt step on the little guy

Economic strife - smarter virus policy

Murder hornets - smarter environmental and plant/animal import policy

Asteroids - this is out of scope for my response, this is not something we can control

California is on fire - smarter environmental policy

Parts of Seattle seceding from the union. - smarter economic and law enforcement policy that doesnt step on the little guy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom