• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Assigning Congress seats by race

Racist democrats want power - any means of gaining absolute power is acceptable. Even the vile racism of this thread is really built on a lust for power and a sleazy scheme to gain it.

Even notice that democrats of today sound EXACTLY like the Klan from 1909? I think the dims are recycling their old material.

You can rant about Democrats all you wish. But it is of no concern to me what party fills those seats, so long as they are racially proportionate to population.

Who says I am a democrat? I vote for whoever I believe will best advance my interests.

I suspect the OP in this thread was lifted from a Klan speech from the early 20th.

You can rant about Democrats all you wish. But it is of no concern to me what party fills those seats, so long as they are racially proportionate to population.

Obsessed with "Race" much?

-

What do you do with mixed race candidates?

Each candidate has the right to choose his ethnicity. For example, the 44th president chose to self-identify with a particular ethnicity.

Have a nice day!

Broadly speaking, I believe that candidates of mixed race should be able to select which race they primarily identify as. After that, they would be permitted to run for office as a member of that race.

And those of the particular race who object to the candidates self-choice of ethnic group? Can Sen. Warren legitimately claim the Indian slot? What if other Native - Americans disagree?
And if anyone declare to be of whatever ethnic group they wish, of what value is calculating the percentages?

Obsessed with "Race" much?

-

As a mixed race individual, with two families, each from different countries, and of different ethnicities, race has been an extremely important factor in my life. So yes, I am obsessed with it.

Each candidate has the right to choose his ethnicity. For example, the 44th president chose to self-identify with a particular ethnicity.

Have a nice day!

What if I want to be seen as a purple alien?

If a minority seat only needs Pocahontas then I can send my mostly white boys.

As a mixed race individual, with two families, each from different countries, and of different ethnicities, race has been an extremely important factor in my life. So yes, I am obsessed with it.

A very unhealthy Obsession.

Racism is not dead. But it is on life-support, kept alive mainly by the people who use it for an excuse or to keep minority communities fearful or resentful enough to turn out as a voting bloc on election day.

— Thomas Sowell

-

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, this has possibilities. I wonder if the OP realizes that 35% of Americans identify as conservatives while only 24% of Americans identify as liberal. The OP idea actually sounds pretty fair to me. I wonder if he realizes he opened up a can of worms? Is he willing to have 35% of the Senate and the House be made up of conservatives and only 24% be made up of liberals? Or, does he now realize how stupid his OP really was?

With all due respect, one can change his/her political views at any time, but one is born with his/her ethnicity.

Have a nice day!

Oh, I thought you was a white boy trying to hand it over.

So, why don't we wait until the race is all mixed up, and then we can divy up the Congress?

And those of the particular race who object to the candidates self-choice of ethnic group? Can Sen. Warren legitimately claim the Indian slot? What if other Native - Americans disagree?
And if anyone declare to be of whatever ethnic group they wish, of what value is calculating the percentages?

I do not view Elizabeth Warren as mixed race, nor do I think anyone else does. She is white. If we need a designated panel to make these kinds of determinations, so be it. But in most cases I do not think it would be necessary.

Buy why is my district Asian? I must elect an Asian?

That'd be funny, is that what you are trying to do, be funny?

Why don't you describe to me the mechanism that adjusts the Representation after the election?

Thank you for admitting debate defeat.

-

It makes no difference if you think me defeated, victory was not my intention. I enjoy having my ideas challenged and questioned, and that has been achieved.

It makes no difference if you think me defeated, victory was not my intention. I enjoy having my ideas challenged and questioned, and that has been achieved.

I don't see how you admitted defeat.

Now go get some white blood in ya.

I think we should have so many white virgins, both male and female, to be rendered every year unto the mongrels to bring them back up to all white.

With all due respect, one can change his/her political views at any time, but one is born with his/her ethnicity.

Have a nice day!

Well, we already know that Elizabeth Warren was born with her ethnicity.

I don't see how you admitted defeat.

Now go get some white blood in ya.

I think we should have so many white virgins, both male and female, to be rendered every year unto the mongrels to bring them back up to all white.

I do not think that will be necessary, as mixing will occur naturally over time. Perhaps once the majority of Americans are of mixed race, we can revisit the need for racial proportionality in congress.

I do not think that will be necessary, as mixing will occur naturally over time. Perhaps once the majority of Americans are of mixed race, we can revisit the need for racial proportionality in congress.

No, time will grind on as deadlock disallows it, we better not start there to begin with, it's too expensive, let's come up with another strategy like getting into sackcloth and ashes or voting for somebody to make your Federal dollars Vegan.

I do not view Elizabeth Warren as mixed race, nor do I think anyone else does. She is white. If we need a designated panel to make these kinds of determinations, so be it. But in most cases I do not think it would be necessary.

The proposal is that there be racial proportional Congressional power. So it is indeed not enough to wing it when it comes to running and voting for a particular xandidate. So there will be a need for racial laws defining who belongs to what race no doubt adjudicated by that "designated panel."

The proposal is that there be racial proportional Congressional power. So it is indeed not enough to wing it when it comes to running and voting for a particular xandidate. So there will be a need for racial laws defining who belongs to what race no doubt adjudicated by that "designated panel."

There is no need for any law determining racial categorization. The committee can make that determination on a case by case basis, with input from the candidate as necessary.

There is no need for any law determining racial categorization. The committee can make that determination on a case by case basis, with input from the candidate as necessary.

One would hope the committee is guided by the law and is not just about issuing its edicts by whatever criteria it wishes.

At the present time their are 10 black senators in Washington, not too far off of the 15 if you went strictly by percentages.

Of course they don't all think alike, that isn't the point.
Then it would be pointless to give representation based on race.
The point is to give different racial groups proportionate representation in congress.
Still a retarded piece of **** racist idea based on the idea that supposedly one race of people have some sort of special needs that isn't being met or that another racial group somehow incapable of caring about another racial group.

Back
Top Bottom