• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Assigning Congress seats by race

Ending racism with more racism makes not ****ing sense. So no to your piece of **** racist idea.

Ending racism is not the goal. The goal is to provide minorities with a greater proportion of political representation, relative to white people.

Racially proportionate representation is a merit in and of itself. It is an enormous benefit to have representative from your own race who is better able to identify with your issues.

Are you implying all people of a certain race have the same views? If so, that in itself is racist. Why are my issues supposedly due to my skin color? Why would I want a person who disagrees with me in office just because they share my skin color? That doesn’t make any sense.

In order to better equalize the proportions of political power held by each racial group, and to end white dominance of american politics, congressional seats should be reserved for specific racial groups, based on their percentage of the total American population.

This is similar in principle to the way that New Zealand reserves seats in parliament for the Maori people. Given that the United States also possesses a similar colonial history, we should act accordingly in order to provide more opportunities for historically disadvantaged and underrepresented minorities to give voice to their needs via representatives that they are guaranteed to be able to elect from among their own communities and racial groups.

we, do. they're called majority minority districts. There are 122 such districts where the minorities out number whites.

Majority-minority districts - Ballotpedia

Euro-Americans are already in the perpetual driver's seat, and always have been. My idea would give minorities a greater proportion of representation.

What it would do is codify the idea that race and ethnic status is acceptable way to arrange society.
That would include white folks as well-- who will always outnumber the minorities anyhow.

That's the House. What about the Senate? And what about Latinos, or Native Americans? Where is their proportional representation?

I don't care about those factions. I want to know how many Belgians are in the house. If there aren't any then I am being discriminated against>

Ending racism is not the goal. The goal is to provide minorities with a greater proportion of political representation, relative to white people.
All white people don't think alike.All black people don't think alike, nor do people of any other race think alike.

Are you implying all people of a certain race have the same views? If so, that in itself is racist. Why are my issues supposedly due to my skin color? Why would I want a person who disagrees with me in office just because they share my skin color? That doesn’t make any sense.

I am not implying that at all. People from the same race can have very diverse political opinions. However they often share similar cultural experiences and perspectives. Race plays a large role in determining what issues, or lack thereof, we face in our lives.

What it would do is codify the idea that race and ethnic status is acceptable way to arrange society.
That would include white folks as well-- who will always outnumber the minorities anyhow.

That is not necessarily true. I project that white people will no longer represent the majority of the American population by the end of the century.

Excellent suggestion!

Quotas are definitely coming to this fast changing country.

Maybe this idea will get a start next year with President Biden, who promises to be the most "progressive" president in this country's history.

Quotas are the only fair way to go!

That way, each ethnicity will get a percentage of political offices based on its percentage of the total population.

Then the House of Representatives' 435 members will really reflect the face of America, as liberals love to say.

Here in Los Angeles, for example, Euro Americans are about 30% of the population, so they would get 30% of the 15 City Council seats. African Americans would get 9% of the seats. Asians would get at least one. And Hispanics would get the majority.

Also, each ethnicity would get a chance to be mayor or governor or president. We have had plenty of Euro American presidents and one African American president (and soon will have a female African American president), so it is time for a Hispanic president followed by an Asian president followed by a Native American president.

And each candidate would have to give DNA for purity tests. What do you do with mixed race candidates?

All white people don't think alike.All black people don't think alike, nor do people of any other race think alike.

Of course they don't all think alike, that isn't the point. The point is to give different racial groups proportionate representation in congress.

That is not necessarily true. I project that white people will no longer represent the majority of the American population by the end of the century.

It doesn't matter. They will still be in the upper 40s which means ethnic and racial coalitions. Along with the standard racial and ethnic conflict.
It has yet to be explained how one calculates people of mixed race, mixed ancestory and the like. It's a legitimate concern with the structure of your argument.

In order to better equalize the proportions of political power held by each racial group, and to end white dominance of american politics, congressional seats should be reserved for specific racial groups, based on their percentage of the total American population.

This is similar in principle to the way that New Zealand reserves seats in parliament for the Maori people. Given that the United States also possesses a similar colonial history, we should act accordingly in order to provide more opportunities for historically disadvantaged and underrepresented minorities to give voice to their needs via representatives that they are guaranteed to be able to elect from among their own communities and racial groups.

Well, I guess it's less objectionable than the democrat plan to simply murder all white people...

Don't forget about gay males, gay females, transgenders, cross dressers, Russians, Iranians, Asians, fat people, skinny people, disabled people, cat lovers, dog lovers, animal haters, atheists, Hindus, and a million other categories.

But decidedly NOT White-Males, of course.

-

It doesn't matter. They will still be in the upper 40s which means ethnic and racial coalitions. Along with the standard racial and ethnic conflict.
It has yet to be explained how one calculates people of mixed race, mixed ancestory and the like. It's a legitimate concern with the structure of your argument.

Broadly speaking, I believe that candidates of mixed race should be able to select which race they primarily identify as. After that, they would be permitted to run for office as a member of that race.

Racially proportionate representation is a merit in and of itself. It is an enormous benefit to have representative from your own race who is better able to identify with your issues.

I HAVE A DREAM, THAT SOMEDAY THIS HATED NATION WILL BE RULED BY GENDER UNKNOWNS BASED ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, NOT THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER.

democrats are just the nicest people....

And each candidate would have to give DNA for purity tests. What do you do with mixed race candidates?

I think most Post-Obama Democrats would say that they should be Purged, along with all the White-Males.

I find it amazing how much hatred the combination of Soros-Obama has managed to foment.

Remember, "All I want for Christmas is White-Genocide!"... Such a catchy tune.

-

No, the idea is entirely unconstitutional /end thread.

122 out of how many in total?

Thirty-eight already are you thanking me for saving your thread?

You know Irredentist, the nice thing about DP is that you can get to the bottom of just about any issue, usually just by reading, but if you like to try out new ideas, the pier review will certainly correct you.

Thirty-eight already are you thanking me for saving your thread?

You know Irredentist, the nice thing about DP is that you can get to the bottom of just about any issue, usually just by reading, but if you like to try out new ideas, the pier review will certainly correct you.

Of course, that's why I posted this thread! I love reading the responses, it helps me to better shape and evolve my own views.

I HAVE A DREAM, THAT SOMEDAY THIS HATED NATION WILL BE RULED BY GENDER UNKNOWNS BASED ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, NOT THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER.

democrats are just the nicest people....

Who says I am a democrat? I vote for whoever I believe will best advance my interests.

LOL. So, you want to do away with elections?

Racist democrats want power - any means of gaining absolute power is acceptable. Even the vile racism of this thread is really built on a lust for power and a sleazy scheme to gain it.

Ever notice that democrats of today sound EXACTLY like the Klan from 1909? I think the dims are recycling their old material.

Last edited:
Nope.

Back
Top Bottom