• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Asshole cops handcuffing a realtor showing a house to a client. Black people

I worked part time for a real estate broker for 5 years and I have been in the same situation many times when a REIN (electronic) lock box failed to open. I climbed through many windows with the neighbors calling the cops on me in the process. I never called any of black Norfolk and Newport News cops racists when they rolled up and detained me either. :ROFLMAO:

I finally had enough, so I had the broker put his logo on the van and buy me some logo golf shirts so the cops would see them.

Why do you suppose the city settled for $151,000 taxpayer dollars?

THe OP never states "some" cops. He always uses blanket statements.

Your point?
Some cops are bad cops. Let's face it, it's a macho job, one where locker room kind of behavior is ok. Not all cops are bad but the good ones don't speak up for fear of all sorts of things happening to them. The police should not be a protected species. They above most should be held to a higher standard.

Some cops are bad cops. Let's face it, it's a macho job, one where locker room kind of behavior is ok. Not all cops are bad but the good ones don't speak up for fear of all sorts of things happening to them. The police should not be a protected species. They above most should be held to a higher standard.

I agree. But they are not a protected species as you say. We see cops being fired and prosecuted every day.

I agree. But they are not a protected species as you say. We see cops being fired and prosecuted every day.
Yes, it is good that we are clearing out otherwise good departments of all these bad people. Hopefully with some time we’ll weed out most of the bad cops who’ve been able to hide in plain sight until the last couple of years and the kinds of issues described in this thread are so rare that we are all shocked when it happens.

Yes, it is good that we are clearing out otherwise good departments of all these bad people. Hopefully with some time we’ll weed out most of the bad cops who’ve been able to hide in plain sight until the last couple of years and the kinds of issues described in this thread are so rare that we are all shocked when it happens.

My city (Virginia Beach) has fired about 20 cops over the past 3 years according to our police chief who occasionally does live guest appearances on one of our local morning radio news/talk shows. The firings range from DUI's, inappropriate conduct on and off duty, and a couple from civil complaints from the city residents.

His last guest appearance was dedicated mostly to the issue of positive public perception and the importance of maintaining it. He accepts no excuses for misconduct within the department, and at the same time supports his people when they make certain mistakes in the field that are unrelated to misconduct. On a sad note, he stated that we have lost 3 or 4 really good young black cops over the last couple years who felt that they had to leave the VBPD do to pressure from family & friends? You wouldn't think that the communities that need them the most are the same ones that shun them, but that's where we are today.

My city (Virginia Beach) has fired about 20 cops over the past 3 years according to our police chief who occasionally does live guest appearances on one of our local morning radio news/talk shows. The firings range from DUI's, inappropriate conduct on and off duty, and a couple from civil complaints from the city residents.

His last guest appearance was dedicated mostly to the issue of positive public perception and the importance of maintaining it. He accepts no excuses for misconduct within the department, and at the same time supports his people when they make certain mistakes in the field that are unrelated to misconduct. On a sad note, he stated that we have lost 3 or 4 really good young black cops over the last couple years who felt that they had to leave the VBPD do to pressure from family & friends? You wouldn't think that the communities that need them the most are the same ones that shun them, but that's where we are today.
Unfortunately this is what happens when any organization gets a bit too rotten and there is a reckoning. The bad elements will start getting weeded out, which is good, but some of the good ones will become disenchanted and seek different pastures. It’s often a ~ten year process from start to finish and for a lot of police departments we are maybe 1-2 years into the transition. It will get better though if department leadership maintains commitment.

I worked part time for a real estate broker for 5 years and I have been in the same situation many times when a REIN (electronic) lock box failed to open. I climbed through many windows with the neighbors calling the cops on me in the process. I never called any of black Norfolk and Newport News cops racists when they rolled up and detained me either. :ROFLMAO:

I finally had enough, so I had the broker put his logo on the van and buy me some logo golf shirts so the cops would see them.
Except then you broke into the home, it is logical that you have the police called, but in this case they lawfully entered the home with a key and still got handcuffed for no real reason.

Cuffed twice, when I told the Newport News cops that I had a Ruger SP101 in my tool & camera bag. The cops both black and white were extremely polite.

I got rolled up on at least a couple dozen times.

After my 1st year, most of the cops in Norfolk got to know me, and just rolled on by when they saw the logo on the van in the driveway and me walking around the properties.. We also established a flyer program after a while that I would put on peoples doors up and down the street that greatly reduced the call in's to the police and even made us a few sales..

Not so sure it would have been wise for a black realtor to have mentioned the Ruger, based on documented experience.

Not so sure it would have been wise for a black realtor to have mentioned the Ruger, based on documented experience.

I'm not sure I agree here.
Surely it's only sensible for someone to say they have a firearm in a car if they are being questioned by an officer?
It's not like he's going to run to the car to grab it and it shows that he's not hiding anything that could be considered a weapon?

I've obviously never been in this situation so I'm happy to be told I'm wrong but if I had a gun in a car and I was in contact with police I'd volunteer that information if I felt it would calm things.

If you live in a country where guns are allowed surely the police know that people are going to have guns and simply owning one isn't a reason for suspicion or extra problems?

You finally had enough of cops being called on you because you broke into homes? LOL

Imagine having cops called on you just because you legally entered a home and for being black.

You finally had enough of cops being called on you because you broke into homes? LOL

Imagine having cops called on you just because you legally entered a home and for being black.

I was legally entering the homes.

They were on the market or being Repo'd and rekeyed.

Try again Bhodi.

I was legally entering the homes.

They were on the market or being Repo'd and rekeyed.

Try again Bhodi.
I didn't say that you illegally entered the homes... you try again.

So after the watching the whole video the summary is this

Two men who do not own a house enter it, the neighbor calls and gives incorrect information as to how they enter the house. The police arrive at what they’ve been told is a prowl in progress. Subjects are detained, investigation is conducted. The subjects confirm they are a realtor and prospective buyer on a tour and thus are legally on the property, detention is over they are free to leave.

It doesn’t really seem to me as though this is a major story.
If you watched the whole thing, you know that the video goes into full detail on the legal nuances, and exactly which laws/rights the cops were violating. It's not a major story, it is one of many examples of how cops are extremely poorly trained.

It is not unreasonable or anti-cop to expect them to understand and respect the rights of the citizens they interact with.

So after the watching the whole video the summary is this

Two men who do not own a house enter it, the neighbor calls and gives incorrect information as to how they enter the house. The police arrive at what they’ve been told is a prowl in progress. Subjects are detained, investigation is conducted. The subjects confirm they are a realtor and prospective buyer on a tour and thus are legally on the property, detention is over they are free to leave.

It doesn’t really seem to me as though this is a major story.

Because you support abusive police tactics...

Because you support abusive police tactics...
What does abusive mean in this context?

I don’t see where anybody was abused. There was a call of a break-in, the police responded, they investigated and then released the subjects. I get that it’s not fun to be investigated, but that does not mean abuse.

More ASSHOLE cops being dicks instead of just talking to people... ****ing racist cops taking the tip of a racist home owner and assuming the people they are coming to are guilty... can't be anything else... gotta pull guns, handcuff people and illegally serach them like ASSHOLE cops.

Time index 2:00 officer Rose pulls her weapon...

No shit a cop responding to a B&E is going to draw her gun, the witniss just told them the door was forced.

You need better material.

Last edited:
Cats are an invasive species that kill more north American song birds as any natural prediitor and should be eliminated, not rescued...
Meow!

Why you hate kiddy cats?

They also kill vermin.

The retired cop neighbor who lied and said "I seen 2 black males walk up and force the front door open" should be charged with creating a misconstrued situation where lethal force may have accidentally been used and the 2 black dudes should sue him for 500,000$ each. Get rid of some of his pension this racist built up and settle for 200k. How is using a key forcing and breaking a door open? GUILTY OF BEING BLACK ON A NON OPEN HOUSE DAY as dictated by the retired cop.

Im ok with the cop pulling her gun on a breaking and entering call but POINTING it at the complying person??? She needs to be fired and added to the database of people that arent allowed to be cops. Shes going to accidentally kill a "scarey looking person" one day. And then she KEEPS the gun trained on him after hes complied..... All it takes is a car exhaust to backfire or someone to slam their front door and shed prolly shoot him to death.

4:35 Wow I cant believe she handcuffs them she should be sued for violating rights.

You can tell ALL these cops are bullshitting and just backing up their racist retired buddy because you can CLEARLY see there is zero damage to the house/door and the retired neighbors said THEY BROKE THE DOOR OPEN

Jesus christ there is at least 8 cops there or more.... Why are they paying all those people to show up to something so dumb... Wasting all that cities money....
The cops themselves should be paying the price.

Meow!

Why you hate kiddy cats?

They also kill vermin.
They are vermon...

People keep pet rats as well but they don't let them run wild.

Feral cats do more damage to wildlife than any other invasive species.

Keep them indoors or they are a target around my place...

I'm not sure I agree here.
Surely it's only sensible for someone to say they have a firearm in a car if they are being questioned by an officer?
It's not like he's going to run to the car to grab it and it shows that he's not hiding anything that could be considered a weapon?

I've obviously never been in this situation so I'm happy to be told I'm wrong but if I had a gun in a car and I was in contact with police I'd volunteer that information if I felt it would calm things.

If you live in a country where guns are allowed surely the police know that people are going to have guns and simply owning one isn't a reason for suspicion or extra problems?
It is common SOP in a stop to inform the officer a weapon is present.

I always Cary mutable knives and when stoped I hand those over before my drivers license.

Meow!

Why you hate kiddy cats?

They also kill vermin.
He just told you why...
Time index 2:00 officer Rose pulls her weapon...

No shit a cop responding to a B&E is going to draw her gun, the witniss just told them the door was forced.

You need better material.
Maybe timid women should not be cops? Is that your argument?

What does abusive mean in this context?

I don’t see where anybody was abused. There was a call of a break-in, the police responded, they investigated and then released the subjects. I get that it’s not fun to be investigated, but that does not mean abuse.
Pointing a gun at, and handcuffing innocent people is police abuse.

They are vermon...

People keep pet rats as well but they don't let them run wild.

Feral cats do more damage to wildlife than any other invasive species.

Keep them indoors or they are a target around my place...
Yo how do we report this guy to the FBI for murdering peoples housecats?

Back
Top Bottom