• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy

Just as with JFK, MLK and John Lennon, this event
is still very, very painful to re-visit.

billo really... im sorry. im too young to have been alive during these events but they still effect me. im a huge Beatles fan. and as far as im concerned neither kennedy case is closed. i dont think that either one is finished, or over.

Originally posted by t125eagle
billo really... im sorry. im too young to have been alive during these events but they still effect me. im a huge Beatles fan. and as far as im concerned neither kennedy case is closed. i dont think that either one is finished, or over.
I was only 6 years old when a nun came running into my 2nd grade classroom and said, "The President has just been shot in Dallas!" And for an entire week, this nation was in total shock and went completely numb! Images of the motorcade, the caison, John-boy's salute, Walter Cronkite wiping the tears from his eyes on national TV...

...I didn't ever want to go through something like that again.

Then came the year 1968. I guess the good thing about that year was there was so much that occured in those 12 months you almost had no emotions left over to react to anything.

Unfortunately, that was not the case in on December 8, 1980. I was at a friends apartment with a bunch of guys playing poker, smoking pot (some were dropping acid), laughing, joking, listening to KLOS rock the night away. It was one of those nights where you were having such a good time that just about anything anyone said was funny. Where you found yourself laughing so hard you sides were starting to hurt. Then someone coming back from the bathroom passed by one of the speakers in the living room and goes, "Hey, somebody just got shot! Somebody big, from what it sounds like". So that kind of got our attention. We sort of quieted down a little, but still carried on with the jokes...until we heard it was John Lennon!

Just like a light switch, that entire party went silent all at once. Nobody talked to anyone as each of us, one by one, just left.

I felt like I lost someone who I had grown up with.

im breaking my own thing here but i read this thing the press wrote about bobby and thought that it was funny. i'll share it with you. there was a song called "Wabash Cannonball" that the press wrote a parody of calling it "The Ruthless Cannonball" the whole thing was 7 verses but here are two that i found.
Now a good clean Gene McCarthy came down the other track
A thousand Radcliffe dropouts all massed for the attack,
But Bobby's bought the right of the way from here back to St. Paul,
'Cause money is no object on The Ruthless Cannonball....

So here's to Ruthless Robert, may his name forever stand,
To be feared and genuflected at by polls across the land.
Old Ho CHi Minh is cheering, and though it may apall,
He's whhizzing to the White House on The ruthless Cannonball.

In a book im reading, "Three Assassinations", which talkes about the assassinations of JFK, MLK and RFK. On page 190 a name is given for the 'lady in the poka dot dress'. Eye witness accounts say that she was talking to sirhan sirhad moments before the shooting. and left screaming, we killed kennedy'. the police released her when she told them she siad that she screamed they killed kennedy'. great police work. argh!

something i always wondered though... if sirhan sirhan was facing kennedy and kennedy was facing sirhan and sirhad shot kennedy, how come RFK was shot in the back of the head? and why did he fall back?

In a book im reading, "Three Assassinations", which talkes about the assassinations of JFK, MLK and RFK. On page 190 a name is given for the 'lady in the poka dot dress'. Eye witness accounts say that she was talking to sirhan sirhad moments before the shooting. and left screaming, we killed kennedy'. the police released her when she told them she siad that she screamed they killed kennedy'. great police work. argh!

I think it's far more likely that people misheard her say "he killed Kennedy."

well, that could be. the staff worker who heard them say it asked them, " who did you shoot?" and they responded with " Senator Kennedy". it could be a series of misunderstandings, but i think it could have been investigated further. see if the woman in the poka dot dress had been around sirhan sirhan before. also, according to a psychologist who interviewed sirhan, he asked him about the notebook, that was in sirhan's handwriting that said rfk must die die, etc. whent he psychologist put him under hypnosis, which i understand was fairly easy (easier than usual) he was able to reproduce, under hypnosis, the notebook. makes you wonder....

I don't know how many people here remember Navy Pride's first avatar, but it looks just like the guy who shot Bobby Kennedy.

On the day that Martin Luther King was assassinated, Bobby Kennedy spoke in front of a large crowd in Indianapolis. He didn't have too, but it shows just what kind of man he was, by getting up in front of that crowd of African-Americans and saying,
"For those of you who are black and are tempted to be filled with hatred and mistrust of the injustice of such an act, against all white people, I would only say that I can also feel in my own heart the same kind of feeling. I had a member of my family killed, but he was killed by a white man..."

"What we need in the United States is not division, what we need in the United States is not hatred, what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness, but is love and wisdom, and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black"
Unfortunately, what we got was George W. Bush!

What a major come down that is!

could someone explain to me how if sirhan sirhan was shooting infront of bobby how did he get a bullet wound in the BACK of his head?

i recently found out that the autopsy report had powder residue behind his right ear where he was shot and since it is so light would only travel 15 inches away at the most. so, someone had to shoot him from upclose

Bobby Kennedy's big mouth got him killed. The spolied brat went after organized crime so they went after him. Ever wonder "WHY" J. Edgar Hoover relented to even admit there was a crime syndicate????

Bobby Kennedy's big mouth got him killed. The spolied brat went after organized crime so they went after him. Ever wonder "WHY" J. Edgar Hoover relented to even admit there was a crime syndicate????

RFK's support for Israel got him killed that's why he was assasinated by a Palestinian terrorist named Sir Han Sir Han, ofcourse the fact that they caught him quite litterally with a smoking gun in his hand and the assasination was done infront of many many witnesses none of which say they saw a second gun man means absolutely nothing to the conspiracy theorists because they are out of their ****ing minds.

That's another possibilty but they all supported Isreal. I just think only the mob would have the attitude that they will kill anyone, including the President if they felt like it. I am not saying they shot JFK here but I'm sure they talked about it.

That's another possibilty but they all supported Isreal. I just think only the mob would have the attitude that they will kill anyone, including the President if they felt like it. I am not saying they shot JFK here but I'm sure they talked about it.

This is about RFK not JFK.

he went after organized crime back in 1962 and 63 when he was the attorney general. not so much in 1968. he was more into peace and helping those in need. isreal i dont think was the issue. he never said he was for or against isreal, as far as i remember.
as for the second gunmen theory. i support it. yes, everyone saw sirhan sirhan. but in all the chaos, could there have been another one? if someone is shooting a gun, it is easy to get another gun to shoot in the mayheim and say it was the first gun. if it was sirhan that killed him, how can it be explained that he was seen in front of kennedy and the fatal bullet hit at the back of his head?
also, if he was such a spoiled brat, why would he dedicate the last years of his life to helping those less fortanate than him?

he went after organized crime back in 1962 and 63 when he was the attorney general. not so much in 1968. he was more into peace and helping those in need. isreal i dont think was the issue. he never said he was for or against isreal, as far as i remember.
as for the second gunmen theory. i support it. yes, everyone saw sirhan sirhan. but in all the chaos, could there have been another one? if someone is shooting a gun, it is easy to get another gun to shoot in the mayheim and say it was the first gun. if it was sirhan that killed him, how can it be explained that he was seen in front of kennedy and the fatal bullet hit at the back of his head?
also, if he was such a spoiled brat, why would he dedicate the last years of his life to helping those less fortanate than him?

RFK was killed for his support of Israel, Sir Han Sir Han was a Palestinian extremist and he admitted that was his motivation for the killing; furthermore, are you honestly going to assert that in a crowded little corridor with people within inches of Kennedy at all sides that no one saw a 2nd gun man? That stretches reason beyond credulity.

RFK was killed for his support of Israel, Sir Han Sir Han was a Palestinian extremist and he admitted that was his motivation for the killing; furthermore, are you honestly going to assert that in a crowded little corridor with people within inches of Kennedy at all sides that no one saw a 2nd gun man? That stretches reason beyond credulity.

so how do you account for the bullet that killed rfk if sirhan sirhan was shooting from infront of kennedy? and why did he had powder residue on his hair?

so how do you account for the bullet that killed rfk if sirhan sirhan was shooting from infront of kennedy?

Kennedy turned in a defensive posture, the trajectory lines up, they did it with Lazers on unsolved history for the discovery channel.

and why did he had powder residue on his hair?

They also demonstrated that powder can easily travel 15 inches.

Kennedy turned in a defensive posture, the trajectory lines up, they did it with Lazers on unsolved history for the discovery channel.

They also demonstrated that powder can easily travel 15 inches.

oh really? i missed that! ok, i didnt know that he turned in a defensive posture, turning away from sirhan. thanks

Back
Top Bottom