• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Assassination of JFK

Re: Assisination of JFK

I learnt something spooky from that wiki article. Actor Wayne Knight played Numa Bertel in JFK (which I didn't know), and then played Newman in Seinfeld (which I did know). As Newman he re-enacts part of the Stone movie, which could be construed as something suspicious, perhaps giving us a message. Surely Numa Bertel is not a real name - it look like an anagram to me! If only I had the time to work it all out.

hm. interesting.

from some of the accounts that i heard, there were shots fired from the grassy noll. also, since jack ruby had been in with the mofia, could lee harvey oswald have been sent by say, Jimmy Hoffa, to kill JFK and that JH also sent Jack Ruby to kill Oswald before he could confess mofia links?

JFK was killed just five months after signing Executive Order 11110; which would have stripped the Federal Reserve Bank of it's power to print and loan money, and gave the power of issuing currency to the US Treasury, of which would have been backed by silver.

I don't think the bankers liked that...

This executive order has never been repealed, by the way.

the JFK assassionation was not part of a conspiracy. i have studied this event in history a lot. if there were shots from the grassy knoll, then the three men that we standing on the steps to the grassy knoll would've reacted to shots being fired ten yards behind them, don't ya think? look up "nix film" on google and watch the three men on the steps. they don't react at all. no you might say "well no one really reacted to any shots in the nix film". But don't ya think that someone would react to a gunshot(s) that are 10 yards behind them then to about 150-200 yards to the right or left (depending on where they are standing)?

the JFK assassionation was not part of a conspiracy. i have studied this event in history a lot. if there were shots from the grassy knoll, then the three men that we standing on the steps to the grassy knoll would've reacted to shots being fired ten yards behind them, don't ya think? look up "nix film" on google and watch the three men on the steps. they don't react at all. no you might say "well no one really reacted to any shots in the nix film". But don't ya think that someone would react to a gunshot(s) that are 10 yards behind them then to about 150-200 yards to the right or left (depending on where they are standing)?

I have a copy of the Nix film. You don't see the three people standing in front of the fence until about a second and a half after the fatal shot(s). When you do see them, one of them is diving to the ground while another (the one in the red shirt) appears to be ducking. The third person (a man in an apparently tan shirt) does not react.

It's worth pointing out that the Muchmore film shows the begining motion of that same person diving to the ground mentioned above. It's also worth pointing out that photos and newsreels of the immediate aftermath do show most people who were in front of the grassy knoll kneeling, ducking, or laying down.

Oswald did not do it, and was not involved except as a patsy. JFK was assassinated as part of a conspiracy at the behest of (probably) John Foster Dulles.

Oswald did not do it, and was not involved except as a patsy. JFK was assassinated as part of a conspiracy at the behest of (probably) John Foster Dulles.

Complete load of bullshit all the evidence points to Oswald what was Dulles's motivation? Kennedy was a cold warrior and a staunch anti-communist even more so than Nixon people think Kennedy wanted to shake up the status quo, newsflash kiddies Kennedy was the status quo he was the last of a dying breed; a Conservative Democratic Hawk.

It was moon men, who did not appreciate an "illegal invasion" of their soverign nation. They set up Oswald, who knew about the threat, and was trying to protect the president. Then they sent in a lackey they paid off with moon rocks, to take out Oswald.
Long live the Moonenites:gunner:

Folks, no one (other than the killers) will ever know for a certainty as to who actually killed JFK.
So in my book I would say he was killed by 'Bugs Bunny" at the behest of the Russians and F.Castro of Cuba.

Last edited:

lee harvey oswald did it unfortunitly people are more likely to be seduced by conspiracy theories than look at the facts and while anythings possible all the facts and evidence point to lee harvey oswald.

Its strange how people seem more comftable with thinking their government acts like a totalitarian regime then they are with the fact any crazy person with a gun can shoot any given the oppertunity.

TOT said:
Complete load of bullshit all the evidence points to Oswald

Really? What evidence is that?

TOT said:
what was Dulles's motivation?

Could be that Kennedy fired him a couple months before.

TOT said:
Kennedy was a cold warrior and a staunch anti-communist

He was more anti-communist than many people thought at the time.

TOT said:
even more so than Nixon people think Kennedy wanted to shake up the status quo, newsflash kiddies Kennedy was the status quo he was the last of a dying breed; a Conservative Democratic Hawk.

He was in some ways, not in others.

Really? What evidence is that?

-the gun used in the assassionation was owned by oswald
-oswald was a sharpshooter in the army
-oswald worked in the TSBD
-after the assassionation, oswald left the TSBD, walked home and shot Tippit

nort said:
-the gun used in the assassionation was owned by oswald

1) There were multiple guns used

2) Which gun, exactly? The one photographed by the Dallas Police department, or the one photographed by the FBI? They're both supposedly Oswald's rifle, but they aren't the same rifle.

nort said:
-oswald was a sharpshooter in the army

He was in the Marines. And so were a lot of other people, including (I would imagine) some other guys in Dallas that day.

nort said:
-oswald worked in the TSBD

So did 30 or 40 other people.

nort said:
-after the assassionation, oswald left the TSBD, walked home and shot Tippit

We don't know that he shot Tippit. And even if he did, how does that show that he shot Kennedy?

1) There were multiple guns used

well you say that because you believe that it was a conspiracy

2) Which gun, exactly? The one photographed by the Dallas Police department, or the one photographed by the FBI? They're both supposedly Oswald's rifle, but they aren't the same rifle.

can you provide some pics? (i'm not trying to be rude)

He was in the Marines. And so were a lot of other people, including (I would imagine) some other guys in Dallas that day.

So did 30 or 40 other people.

he was the only marine sharpshooter in the TSBD that day.

We don't know that he shot Tippit. And even if he did, how does that show that he shot Kennedy?

there were witnesses

why would he shoot a cop unless he thought the cop was after him?

why would he think that the cop was after him?

nort said:
well you say that because you believe that it was a conspiracy

Just as when you say that "the gun used belonged to Oswald," you're saying that because you believe there wasn't a conspiracy. Whether there was a conspiracy or not is the matter of debate. If you're allowed to say that the gun used belonged to Oswald, then of course you've got an easy time of it. Saying that the (single) gun used belonged to Oswald is the same as saying there was no conspiracy.

In short, I'm pointing out that your claim is circular--you state as a premise what you're trying to prove. Now, if you can show that there was only one gun used, and that gun belonged to Oswald, you've got a very strong case. But I don't think you'll be able to do that.

nort said:
can you provide some pics? (i'm not trying to be rude)

I'll see if I can find them.

nort said:
he was the only marine sharpshooter in the TSBD that day.

Maybe...but you can't show he was the only marine sharpshooter in range of Kennedy that day.

Nor can you show that someone must be a marine sharpshooter to own a rifle, fire it at the president, and score a hit. I myself have never been in the military, but I'm a pretty fair shot. I've been to Dealy Plaza and I could have made the shots from the Dal-Tex building, the TSBD, or the Grassy Knoll. One thing I became convinced of after visiting the 6th floor museum of the TSBD is that there's a pretty glaring hole in the official story. A sniper shooting from the window Oswald supposedly shot from would have shot Kennedy on Houston, not on Elm. He'd have had a clear, unobstructed view, the target was at a better angle and was obviously much closer. He could have taken Kennedy out with a single shot and easily gotten downstairs before anyone even knew what was up.

nort said:
there were witnesses

The eyewitness testimony is actually pretty confused. Mrs. Markham identified him in a lineup, but she was the only one, and her deposition prior to the lineup would not have described Oswald at all. Other witnesses claim to have seen two assailants, or to have seen someone not identifiable as Oswald.

nort said:
why would he shoot a cop unless he thought the cop was after him?

There could be any number of reasons. Apparently whoever shot Tippit had a conversation with him before pulling the gun; maybe Tippit said something to his killer meant to anger him.

nort said:
why would he think that the cop was after him?

I suspect that Oswald was probably involved in the assassination, just not as a trigger man. There's pretty good evidence to suggest that Oswald at least thought he was working for some government agency. I suspect that he went to work that morning expecting to take part in some kind of "operation", but upon hearing that Kennedy had been shot even though no one had contacted him, he realized he was being set up and decided to leave. If this scenario is correct, his teeth would certainly have been itching at that point.

Last edited:

Now, if you can show that there was only one gun used, and that gun belonged to Oswald, you've got a very strong case. But I don't think you'll be able to do that.

-3 bullet shells were found on te 6th floor of the TSBD
-the mannlicher was found in the same place
-no other gun was found at the grassy knoll or anywhere else
-no shells were found at the grassy knoll or anywhere else

photo of envelope and order form that oswald used to order the rifle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CE773.jpg

Nor can you show that someone must be a marine sharpshooter to own a rifle, fire it at the president, and score a hit.

i didn't say that hey had to be. but wouldn't you suspect a marine sharpshooter that was a communist of having a better chance to pull of the assassionation?

I myself have never been in the military, but I'm a pretty fair shot. I've been to Dealy Plaza and I could have made the shots from the Dal-Tex building, the TSBD, or the Grassy Knoll. [/QUOTE]

but remember: there are crowds of people, lots of noise, and employee could catch you, your trying to assassionate the president (the PRESIDENT!)

the pressure's on. could you make the shot?

One thing I became convinced of after visiting the 6th floor museum of the TSBD is that there's a pretty glaring hole in the official story. A sniper shooting from the window Oswald supposedly shot from would have shot Kennedy on Houston, not on Elm. He'd have had a clear, unobstructed view, the target was at a better angle and was obviously much closer. He could have taken Kennedy out with a single shot and easily gotten downstairs before anyone even knew what was up.

yeah the shot would have been easier on houston. but there were a lot more people at the intersection of houston and elm so people would know what had happened a lot sooner. in the middle of elm, where JFK was shot, there weren't as many people. and if oswald had missed when trying to shoot JFK at houston- that would be disastorous for him because he would have to try again and by then everyone would know immediatly where the shot came from and would look to see.

The eyewitness testimony is actually pretty confused. Mrs. Markham identified him in a lineup, but she was the only one, and her deposition prior to the lineup would not have described Oswald at all. Other witnesses claim to have seen two assailants, or to have seen someone not identifiable as Oswald.

yeah, you can't trust most of the witnesses because everything is going 100 mph, the most powerful man in the world is in danger. everyone is emotional. so i don't really trust the witnesses in this situation.

There could be any number of reasons. Apparently whoever shot Tippit had a conversation with him before pulling the gun; maybe Tippit said something to his killer meant to anger him.

tippit approached oswald because on tippit's polie radio it said to be on the lookout for a man (in oswald's description). oswald whipped his pistol out and shot tippit and fled the scene.

Kennedy=Cold Warrior

Bear any burden Kennedy.

If anyone had anything to do with it besides Oswald it was the Communists. It's a fact of history that Oswald is a Communist and Kennedy was more against Communism than Nixon as is evidenced by the 1972 trip to China and the first Presidential Debate that was ever on T.V..

Originally posted by TOT:
Kennedy=Cold Warrior

Bear any burden Kennedy.

If anyone had anything to do with it besides Oswald it was the Communists. It's a fact of history that Oswald is a Communist and Kennedy was more against Communism than Nixon as is evidenced by the 1972 trip to China and the first Presidential Debate that was ever on T.V..
Cease and decist. You have not earned the right to comment on Kennedy.

BTW, the Russians dissed Oswald. They thought he was a joke.

Cease and decist. You have not earned the right to comment on Kennedy.

BTW, the Russians dissed Oswald. They thought he was a joke.

So did the Cuban's that's why he snapped and killed Kennedy.

And who said you have the right to speak of JFK Hippy?

His inuagural address is the direct antithesis to your pacifist bullshit.

We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans—born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage—and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this Nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.[SIZE=-2]4[/SIZE] This much we pledge—and more.

To those old allies whose cultural and spiritual origins we share, we pledge the loyalty of faithful friends. United, there is little we cannot do in a host of cooperative ventures. Divided, there is little we can do—for we dare not meet a powerful challenge at odds and split asunder.

To those new States whom we welcome to the ranks of the free, we pledge our word that one form of colonial control shall not have passed away merely to be replaced by a far more iron tyranny. We shall not always expect to find them supporting our view. But we shall always hope to find them strongly supporting their own freedom—and to remember that, in the past, those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside.

John F. Kennedy: Inaugural Address. U.S. Inaugural Addresses. 1989

Perhaps, so, but since the assassin was on the grassy knoll (the trajectory of the bullet that killed JFK came from the front) was a professional it is likely that the weapon was silenced. Being silenced... the sound of the shot would've been absolutely muffeld by the noise of the event.

No sound ... no reaction..

I think it was the "Grays" from the planet Zorg!
They found out he was banging their cloned and Marilyn Monroe wanted some payback.

Back
Top Bottom