• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

Well looking at your only two real sources, since when does it make you a terrorist if you don't think the US or the UK should be militarily involved in Afghanistan? Or does it make you a terrorist when as a police officer you believe the anti-terrorism policy is ineffective?

Terrorism is an ACTION not a belief.

Nothing in isolation. Yet we (USA with British backup) ended up deposing the Talban and allowing ordinary Muslims to live more freely. It's only the famed US inability to actually run an occupation government which ensured the temporary shack hasn't held too well.

And I suppose, also, the Iraqis preferred Saddam as we get trouble there too. (Some actually say so). The Middle East is a terrorist cauldron and it gets even worse. In the light of that it seems very telling that illegal gangster warfare is advocated to get the Allies out, though most would want to let someone else do the dirty work. But at least that's better than advocating the murder of civilians, though I suspect even then a good many may only fear getting the same back. (Muslims believe more rigidly in their book's 'eye for an eye' verse than the Christian West does.)

And my fear is that given Islam is a fundamentalist religion, with the last great jihad into Europe halted at Vienna 300 years or so ago, a resurgence in a more generalised view of warring against the infidel will rise further. The West, of course, is more of a battlezone in that than the more straightforward dustbowls of Afghanistan.

Here is a Link. Fox to the rescue: http://http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/12/assailants-stab-beat-christian-worshippers-outside-indonesias-capital/

Say it isn't so and this is the So-called Religion of peace? And they did what?
Indonesia has the largest Muslim country by population, home to 15.6% of the world's Muslims with more than with over 683 million of the Cult members.

Thanks for the link. Agreed that true believers of Islam should put a stop to this stuff just like true believers of Christ should do the same when acts of violence are perpetuated against non-Christians by so-called "Christians".

BTW, calling a billion Muslims members of a cult is to misuse the term as an insult.

So why do Muslims in some unified voice that no religion possess every time one of them does something crazy. Where were all your demands for the Christian voice and Christians to stand up and denounce all the acts against Muslims like that Mosque burning or that Taxi driver? I agree its deplorable and those responsible should be brought to justice.

You can have a standard, just not two of them.

Did you know all the 9/11 hijackers were male? Where is the outrage from the male community letting the world know that the actions of those 19 males don't reflect on all males? Of course there's none not only because there is no "male global voice" but there's also no reason to assume that all men are terrorists simply because 19 were. Its just as ridiculous to put down an entire religion for the actions of a few as it is to put down an entire religion.

Unless that religion, isn't Islam, then it's ok.

So cut with this "Ooo look at this religion of peace." Or "Muslim outrage meter" bull****, its ignorant, stupid, and doesn't contribute to any solutions. In fact it creates more problems.

How so? We're creating more terrorists, by not kissing Islam's ass?

As a reply to the original post...
"And these people have been terrorizing Christians for months with the police turning the other cheek. "

It's people like you who claim "OUTRAGE!" when an American citizen owns his own land and gets legally approved by the city to build a community center.
It's people like you who ignore Westboro Church (no one is so outraged about their place of worship - they are white)

And most recently, it's people like you who ARE NOT outraged by "pastors" who want to burn Qurans.

If this NYC mosque was burning bibles - I could see some backlash. Some signs of insensitivity. But thats not the case.
Such a double standard, no?

In summary - Its insensitive for a Muslim to build a community center 3 blocks from ground zero. They should not built it! However, that white guy has a constitutional right to teach hate through the guise of a church. How come no one is telling him off, or is in an outrage.

I have a point -
"Within a few days, Muslims, as well as individuals mistakenly perceived to be Muslims, were attacked. The Sikh owner of a gas station in Mesa, Arizona, was killed by a man who went on to shoot a Lebanese clerk at another gas station.

Near Dallas, Texas, a man shot and killed a 46-year old Pakistani who owned a small grocery store. In Cleveland, Ohio, a man drove a Ford Mustang right through an Islamic center." - Source (Bush was right: We're not at war with Islam - CNN.com)

These double standards are disgusting and people who post stuff in breaking news like 'this one time this nice person got beat up by Muslims' are making me angry.

Last edited:
....they are white....

...white guy....

Another race-obsessive. And one of the 'blame whitey' type too!

It's not about race. It's about an angry pastor, just happening for a short snap of time to represent more of a majority of people ignored by their establishment over the inflammatory mosque location. (The only worse place to have one is in the head of the Statue of Liberty!!! (In a burka!))

It's only him who got the NYC authorities communicating for a start, that's what I hear.

And remember it's the Muslims who wanted to come and live with us in the West, so from time to time a bit of consideration from them is also in order.

Well well well. Wellity, wellity-woo: http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...d-afghan-protest-over-quran-burning-plan.html

Though, as we're always having it drummed into us, most Muslims are peaceful, you still seem to get more trouble from that quarter than from thugs and idiots amongst the frustrated Westerners.

Last edited:
Attacks against Muslims in the US has also risen since 9/11. Hell ignorant moronic American's attacked anyone who looked different after 9/11 which resulted in the murder of a Sikh among many attacks and murders. But I am guessing that is being ignored by the usual suspects..

ignorant moronic American's.....nice

You don't try and convict terrorists, you shoot them in their ****ing faces. You kill them. You negotiate with their replacements before they murder women and children....

Lather, rinse and repeat

So why do Muslims in some unified voice that no religion possess every time one of them does something crazy. Where were all your demands for the Christian voice and Christians to stand up and denounce all the acts against Muslims like that Mosque burning or that Taxi driver? I agree its deplorable and those responsible should be brought to justice.

You can have a standard, just not two of them.

Did you know all the 9/11 hijackers were male? Where is the outrage from the male community letting the world know that the actions of those 19 males don't reflect on all males? Of course there's none not only because there is no "male global voice" but there's also no reason to assume that all men are terrorists simply because 19 were. Its just as ridiculous to put down an entire religion for the actions of a few as it is to put down an entire religion.

So cut with this "Ooo look at this religion of peace." Or "Muslim outrage meter" bull****, its ignorant, stupid, and doesn't contribute to any solutions. In fact it creates more problems.

Oh my, let's talk about lame logic. Let's break your post down to the crapola it is:

1. We are pretty much a Christian nation, and when a Christian pulls a heinous act in the name of that religion, we speak out and condemn; as we have nationwide with your examples. We also have justice system that takes care of the idiots, and when an idiot is released, and sent back home or his homeland for... let's say masterminding the blowing up of a 747 over Lockerbie, Scotland... we don't and wouldn't greet the idiot as a national hero and have a nationwide party in his honor.

We wouldn't have T-shirts with a cold blooded murderer like Osama either.

2. Being a man is not a religious belief that implores men to commit heinous acts in the name of Men.

Muslims and their book actually do implore uncivil acts against "infidels". What we would call criminal activities.

3. The "Muslim Outrage Meter" served its purposes; to illustrate the Police had ignored these happening for months, and to draw out those with illogical thought patterns, and have them post responses on DP.

And one more note. If you know anything about Indo, you would know people set up factories and buildings on their land all the time without building permits; that they singled out Christians and closed the House of God, then proceeded to harass them, and the cops looked the other way is beyond revealing.

Last edited:
You don't try and convict terrorists, you shoot them in their ****ing faces.

I'm sure we can compromise:

Try them and then shoot them in the face. Or if there's too much noise, shoot them in the face an then try 'em!

A little bit of give on each side goes a long way to harmony!

Wow. Two Christians get beat up by Muslims and now 1.4 billion people are having the peacefulness of their religion doubted.

Two Christian priests rape children, oh they're not representative of ALL Christians! You can't blame the whole religion for the actions of a few!

Wow. Two Christians get beat up by Muslims and now 1.4 billion people are having the peacefulness of their religion doubted.

Two Christian priests rape children, oh they're not representative of ALL Christians! You can't blame the whole religion for the actions of a few!

Mohammed was a pedophile.

j-mac

We've already explored how Islam isn't a religion of peace. We've previously found out how significant it is for the PROPHET to be a paedophile rather than a few priests who should face prosecution without a shadow of a doubt.

But Liberals and Leftists just take us round the same old stuff over and over. These people aren't daft or forgetful. So don't fall for it.

Nice to know there are things you can always count on. Idiots that will rail on children singing Christmas songs that dare to mention the name of Christ...during...you know...Christmas...morons protesting crosses that mark the locations and honor fallen highway patrolmen as promoting religions, and then those same morons straining back muscles jumping to the defense of Muslims any and everywhere.

Hmmmm...indeed...lets bash those Christian priests as being scumbags...and when they do it targeting people of other faiths specifically because of their faith and do it in the glorious name of God...well...by golly THEN you actually have an honest comparison and not just yet another D2 (douche dodge).

OH...I know...it is SO UNFAIR that these people

To label them as extremists...terrorists...animals...

after all...its only 1 or two people that bring about such a bad name...

hardly a large number at all...

and very isolated.

Muslims dont target people for their beliefs, religions, or slaughter their own people in the glorious name of Allah and Jihad...thats just silly...

So are lots of Christians, I'm more worried about the present than a historical figure.

massive difference between the individual acts of scumbags and scumbags that do their heinous acts in the glorious name of Allah. But...luckily for them...there will never be a shortage of defenders...

As reported across the Muslim world:

And then what do they do to a good Samaritan? Why, just take a plank to her head because she is a Christian.

And these people have been terrorizing Christians for months with the police turning the other cheek.

Gee, I wonder what's got them so riled up... hmmm??

I mean, Christians here are so tolerant towards Muslims...

What could be fueling these extreme attitudes toward Christians??

Muslim Outrage Meter: 0.0
(Note: the Muslim Outrage Meter regarding Christians has parameters from 0.00 to 0.00)

My Muslim extremist fringe meter is going full tilt.

It's important to getting readings from all meters, right?

As reported across the Muslim world:

And then what do they do to a good Samaritan? Why, just take a plank to her head because she is a Christian.

And these people have been terrorizing Christians for months with the police turning the other cheek.

Muslim Outrage Meter: 0.0
(Note: the Muslim Outrage Meter regarding Christians has parameters from 0.00 to 0.00)

In America, this is known as gay bashing. Who says that bigots who attack transvestites have to be Christian? At least, here in America, there are hate crime laws designed to tamp down this kind of hate. The Muslims, according to your own link:

1) Want to shutter bars in their neighborhoods.

2) Beat up gays, and other people they consider immoral.

3) Attack those who they consider blasphemous.

But you make it appear that the attacks are because the victims are Christians. Don't you feel that this is not the real story here? Why try to make it look like something it's not? This is about religious extremism, and extremists in the world have a lot in common, no matter what religion they are.

good...****ing...lord...

geez...so THATS whats got them so riled...why...when Americans saw those twin towers go down, then Americans would have been jusitified to grab boards with nails in them and bash Muslims in America in the head. You know...cuz they would be...riled...

So are lots of Christians, I'm more worried about the present than a historical figure.

I doubt it, you just are interested in throwing a bomb into the discussion that you believe bolsters your opinion in defense of todays Islamic terrorists.

j-mac

I doubt it, you just are interested in throwing a bomb into the discussion that you believe bolsters your opinion in defense of todays Islamic terrorists.

j-mac

And you're saying that some obscure figure from 2000 years ago that might not have even existed, being a pedophile has any bearing on todays Islamic Terrorists.

So... what's wrong with Spuds statement...?

j-mac

Find where I have defended the terrorists.

Thhs right folks...you heard it here first. Apparently the threat of some whackjob in a country 4,000 miles away is justification for Muslim extremists any and everywhere to riot, kill people...commit a little rapage...bash a woman in the head with a board and stab people. Cuz...you know...they were after all...riled. By a threatened book burning. And defended...

...THATS the truly inane part.

Wait til you see what those 'justified' Muslims do to women...homosexuals...etc...

good...****ing...lord...

geez...so THATS whats got them so riled...why...when Americans saw those twin towers go down, then Americans would have been jusitified to grab boards with nails in them and bash Muslims in America in the head. You know...cuz they would be...riled...

Vance:

That's why we're better. President Bush stood up and said no, this is not Islam. This is a twisted version of Islam. Muslims didn't do this. Radical extremists did this.

To the extent we're now engaging in anti-Muslim speech and activity, we're becoming more and more like those extremists. We're letting fear trump reason.

Thankfully, a number of Christians are reaching out:

Service bridges Muslim, Christian faiths

Wichita-area religious leaders strive for tolerance

These stories should be all over the news -- show the world the best of us. Not the worst Terry Jones.

Wait til you see what those 'justified' Muslims do to women...homosexuals...etc...

Nice Straw Man BTW.

When you can't actually attack a position, just invent a new weak position to attack. Putting quotes around justified--nice touch.

Vance:

That's why we're better. President Bush stood up and said no, this is not Islam. This is a twisted version of Islam. Muslims didn't do this. Radical extremists did this.

To the extent we're now engaging in anti-Muslim speech and activity, we're becoming more and more like those extremists. We're letting fear trump reason.

Thankfully, a number of Christians are reaching out:

Service bridges Muslim, Christian faiths

Wichita-area religious leaders strive for tolerance

These stories should be all over the news -- show the world the best of us. Not the worst Terry Jones.

I have said it myself. But people are fooling themselves if they dont believe that this isnt 'one or two' Muslims and not a great number of them. And backwards ass or not there is simply no excuse...and people need to SAY that. The notion that "well...thats what makes us better than them"...OK...so...first...I cant help but believe if a conservative had said that H, you would be the first to be dogging on them. but second...WHAT exactly makes us better than them if not greater expectations? true enough...there are a lot of westernized Muslims...people that dont live their life in the stone age. But THOSE are the ones that need to be standing up and denouncing the MILLIONS that are demonstrating...hurting people...even killing people...instead of defending their actions as unevolved and not representative of all Muslims. NO ONE can stand in defense of this bull****. We see 'honor killings' happening here in America. We see the barbarism throughout the world...its high time EVERYONE said 'enough of your bull****' and took a stand. There IS no defensxe of this and if Muslims want to stop being painted with the same Orange brush of the mutawa then by damn maybe its time THEY stood up against the 'few' as well.

This thread should have had about 15 posts. The original post and 14 other individuals all saying the exact same thing. "Man...you are right...what a bunch of extremist dumb****s. Someone needs to hammer a nail in THEIR brain. I dont care how upset you might be there is no justification for that kind of behavior." End of thread.

Back
Top Bottom