• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

Sadly, some people in Congress can't figure that out.

More accurately, Russia and China will never allow it.

If the strikes result in both sides wearing each other down relatively equally, that simply accelerates the end of the war at the same time not making us a paper tiger. We don't actually want to remove Assad until the extremest elements in the Syrian rebels are diminished. It may be possible to do both at the same time.

The bolded assumes that the "good" anti-Assad forces will prevail, which is not evident in Syria and was not the case in Egypt or Libya. It has taken Pakistan decades to get to the point of its president, elected for a five year term, to be able to survive it. At best the plan for a "mini war" will weaken Assad's forces, which will allow the "bad" anti-Assad forces to direct more of their efforts to eliminating the "good" anti-Assad forces.

Screw this guy. Just let the cruise missiles fly.

Talk like this suggests the disarmament plan is nothing but a play for time.
So when one missle goes off course and hits a church, villiage, funeral or god forbid the Russian naval base.
Then what?

I wonder how much more pressure against the wall will Obama take before he either gives down or blows up in an attack against Syria! You see Assad (now, next after Putin) has pinned Obama in the corner so bad now that really is no way out.

Assad is asking something that cannot possible be done, and that is: Israel handing over their non existent nuclear weapons. Telling Assad that there are none is begging for an attack on Israel. On the other point there are none and how would they remove something that there is not to begin with?

But yeah, I suppose they can invent some missiles there so as to appear as if they are retreating nukes from Israel too...

Israel doesn't have WMD????

Mornin DDD. :2wave: Yeah but what was submitted to the UN by Syria for joining in on Chems.....doesn't have anything in it about Israel or the US.

Moreover the US can't speak for other countries in assuring they wont attack Syria. So it is nothing but Assad doing some smack talking. Playing to the Media and still doing all he can to make Obama and the US look bad. Although.....what I don't understand is why Assad isn't saying anything about France who has been the one behind the scenes causing and stirring up trouble over Syria.

Why is nothing mentioned by the Russians and Assad when they know for a Fact that it the French in Obama's ear? Why aren't they harping on the US playing the telephone game all due to the French and their BS as well as their being incompetent on the World Stage?

Hi MMC, glad you pointed out that what president Assad delivered to the UN doesn't have anything about Israel's WMD. it was subsequent comments in a press interview.

.......how?

Whereas the US's position has flipped and flopped all over the place, Russia and China have held the consistent position that the US should stay out of Syria and diplomatic solutions are the ONLY answer. And both have been clear from the beginning that any US military action would cause the hostilities to spread to the entire region inflaming it in war.

Hi MMC, glad you pointed out that what president Assad delivered to the UN doesn't have anything about Israel's WMD. it was subsequent comments in a press interview.

I see PUTIN's comrades are out early defending the right of ASSAD to trash his own people as well as PUTIN's right to sponsor terrorist nations like Syria and Iran. Limbaugh and the two Pauls are proud of you.

President Obama must promise not to arm rebel forces or Syrian dictator Bashar Assad will not hand over his chemical weapons, the embattled leader told a Russian state media outlet today while demanding that Israel also surrender its nuclear arsenal.

“When we see that the U.S. genuinely stands for stability in our region, stops threatening us with military intervention and stops supplying terrorists with weapons, then we will consider it possible to finalize all necessary procedures and they will become legitimate and acceptable for Syria," Assad told RIA News.

Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels, or no deal | WashingtonExaminer.com

Several things:

1. From a power standpoint, President Assad is in no position to dictate terms. The diplomatic initiative dealt with his giving up his chemical weapons in exchange for no military response from the U.S.

2. His call for the U.S. to stop shipping arms to the rebels is not unreasonable, but that's a separate matter from the diplomatic initiative in question. I do believe the arms shipments make it more difficult to commence a larger political process aimed at resolving at least some of the major issues driving the civil war. The arms shipments also magnify the intensity of the civil war and one outcome of the increased intensity of the conflict is a higher civilian toll.

3. His attempt to link Syria's ratification of the CWC to Israel's conduct is a non-starter. It is neither germane to the initial issue related to possible U.S. military strikes (which I still oppose on grounds of a lack of compelling American interests, among other factors) nor resolving the sectarian conflict.

If President Assad is trying to test the limits of his leverage, that's one thing. If he's seriously considering abandoning the commitment he has made to abandon and eliminate chemical weapons, that's quite another.

Do I hear some Obama Nut slurpin going on in here? :roll:

Look no matter how much they tell you Obamamatons to go out and deflect, change up the story, Deny the facts, look for spelling issues and grammar to play on.....its not going to work. So please do go inform your Masters of this Old Tactic and how it's not going to work. Then tell them why its not going to work.

Whereas the US's position has flipped and flopped all over the place, Russia and China have held the consistent position that the US should stay out of Syria and diplomatic solutions are the ONLY answer. And both have been clear from the beginning that any US military action would cause the hostilities to spread to the entire region inflaming it in war.

Yeah, I get their claim. How does the U.S. lobbing a few missiles into Syria inflame the whole region into war, given that Israel has been lobbing in missiles already?

Dude! We don't risk them coming in, they're in. The CIA has been training them and arming them in camps in both Jordan and Turkey and sending them in.

I meant in terms of being in a newly formed government that would replace the Assad regime.

Which tells Iran they can do whatever they want. People I think are making the mistake of looking at Syria in isolation.

Not really. It doesn't say that other regimes can do whatever they want because everyone knows that we have the capability and the will to take them out.

I see PUTIN's comrades are out early defending the right of ASSAD to trash his own people as well as PUTIN's right to sponsor terrorist nations like Syria and Iran. Limbaugh and the two Pauls are proud of you.

I don't believe president Assad is trashing his own people, that has not been substantiated. Otherwise I'm sure Limbaugh and the two Paul's are unaware of my work.

I meant in terms of being in a newly formed government that would replace the Assad regime.

Not really. It doesn't say that other regimes can do whatever they want because everyone knows that we have the capability and the will to take them out.

These elements have been installed in Egypt and Libya and is now the goal for Syria.

These elements have been installed in Egypt and Libya and is now the goal for Syria.

I would argue about Egypt. Look at how the military coup took place and the military is fighting the MB.

Yeah, I get their claim. How does the U.S. lobbing a few missiles into Syria inflame the whole region into war, given that Israel has been lobbing in missiles already?

Well if you believe the US at this point when they tell you how long a military engagement will last and cost, good for you.

Stop sending the rebels weapons or there is no deal? Does Assad think he is in a negotiating position?

How about we demand that Russia stop arming the Syrian government, Syria turns over their poison gas and lay down their arms and we won't blow their ass off the map?

How's that for a deal Assad? Take it or leave it mother****er.

Stop sending the rebels weapons or there is no deal? Does Assad think he is in a negotiating position?
He is indeed. At least for this moment, under these circumstances.

Mornin DDD. :2wave: Yeah but what was submitted to the UN by Syria for joining in on Chems.....doesn't have anything in it about Israel or the US.

Moreover the US can't speak for other countries in assuring they wont attack Syria. So it is nothing but Assad doing some smack talking. Playing to the Media and still doing all he can to make Obama and the US look bad.

Afternoon MMC

But the nerve of Assad to go ahead and make demands now!!

Assad.jpg

Although.....what I don't understand is why Assad isn't saying anything about France who has been the one behind the scenes causing and stirring up trouble over Syria.

Why is nothing mentioned by the Russians and Assad when they know for a Fact that it the French in Obama's ear? Why aren't they harping on the US playing the telephone game all due to the French and their BS as well as their being incompetent on the World Stage?

You may be answering yourself with this. Perhaps they know that the French are incompetent on the World Stage hence they do not pay much attention to them and prefer you more.

Afternoon MMC

But the nerve of Assad to go ahead and make demands now!!

View attachment 67153538

You may be answering yourself with this. Perhaps they know that the French are incompetent on the World Stage hence they do not pay much attention to them and prefer you more.

Yeah, but it is the French that keeps filing resolutions in the UN.....like Non Stop. So all should know that the French does this and is always out wanting action and recognizing Rebel/Terrorists as the official governments of Certain countries.

That in itself is good reason to dismiss a lot of what the French have to say. Since they always make more out of things in other peoples countries. Than what is really going on. Which doesn't even count how many times they have been wrong.

Personally if other Countries started pitching a bitch against France and wanting to take action on them. We might see the French finally Shut their Pie Holes and stay out of others business. This could even Possibly last for 20 years.

Think how much chaos can be prevented.....By Most of the Planet Speaking out and telling the French to STFU.

Still trying to tie Obama's hands. You guys in the GOP just won't quit helping America's enemies.

Do you think the crease in Obama's pants looks better on his left leg, or his right leg?

I guess every time you guys say that, I'll say this. It has not been PROVEN that president Assad used chemical weapons on his civilians.
Who's "you guys"? I didn't collaborate with anyone for my statement.

I find the amount of evidence acceptable to indicated Assad's culpability. There are some people that still don't think Osama bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11.

Who's "you guys"? I didn't collaborate with anyone for my statement.

I find the amount of evidence acceptable to indicated Assad's culpability. There are some people that still don't think Osama bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11.

Care to share that "evidence"?

Back
Top Bottom