• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Ask not what your country can do for you ..."

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

It's not the early 1960s anymore. I never did buy that line. It's very outdated. The better line for the modern era is:

My fellow environmental and humanistic Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - demand that your government stop destroying Earth and stop dominating the globe economically and militaristically."

I wish I could write a nastygram to congress, file a nastygram with my federal income taxes, and opt out of all of the destructive :poop: the USG does.

Yeah, that really rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

smh

Word salad.

Patriot rap is gunna be huge!

Unlike most people

Abundance of love and strength, right.

I’m here all night.

That famous quote is really about two brainstorming sessions so I have always had a problem with the first half of that famous quote. There is no point to having a govt at all if it is not doing anything for its citizens, and govt cannot succeed if citizens do not work as an ally of its own govt. I am a fan of the citizens creatively directing the process the scope and nature by which govt determines its goals. Its supposed to be a dialogue, and not having citizens as part of the both brainstorming sessions, is stupid.

We stand together, divided, we fall. Peace and love.

You're into jingoism and against environmentalism, humanism, and wisdom.
LOL - you got all that from me saying your rather wordy, and not altogether catchy phrase didn't roll off the tongue that well?

Goodness, how.... judgmental of you.

LOL - you got all that from me saying your rather wordy, and not altogether catchy phrase didn't roll off the tongue that well?

Goodness, how.... judgmental of you.

My comment isn't wordy in the least. You prefer the hollow bumper sticker saying.

Let us not be judge by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character.

"And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

It's not the early 1960s anymore. I never did buy that line. It's very outdated. The better line for the modern era is:

My fellow environmental and humanistic Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - demand that your government stop destroying Earth and stop dominating the globe economically and militaristically."

I wish I could write a nastygram to congress, file a nastygram with my federal income taxes, and opt out of all of the destructive :poop: the USG d

Very thought provoking and illuminating post once again Anti.

Too bad its flying about 35,000 feet over the heads of the Right Wingers here. they won't understand it. But I get it, and I'm with you.

Very thought provoking and illuminating post once again Anti.

Too bad its flying about 35,000 feet over the heads of the Right Wingers here. they won't understand it. But I get it, and I'm with you.
Personal praise, no accountability.

TTT (Thread Thumpin’ Throttlers)

Better than TDS

My comment isn't wordy in the least. You prefer the hollow bumper sticker saying.
"My fellow environmental and humanistic Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - demand that your government stop destroying Earth and stop dominating the globe economically and militaristically."

Reading that is like riding over a bumpy road in a vehicle with no shocks. (Sorry, but it just is)

Back
Top Bottom