• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Asiana to sue S.F. TV station over bogus pilot names

Ray410

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is so wrong!

"Bay Area news station KTVU just reported that the pilots of Asiana's disastrous flight 214 were the crack team of "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow.""

Watch the brief video of the television Newscast here:

Last edited:
Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

This is so wrong!

"Bay Area news station KTVU just reported that the pilots of Asiana's disastrous flight 214 were the crack team of "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow.""

LooooooooL.

These guys have been trolled, hard.

This is so wrong!

How gullible can you get!? :lamo

This is so wrong!

I had heard about this, but had not read the story until earlier today. i thought that the intern had just given some realistic sounding names out of laziness or something. I would have laughed but i think I dented my forehead with my palm when I actually saw the names they accidentally reported. The intern should lose his job, but the reporters and station editors who allowed that one to get by need to also be canned. Maybe getting trolled on one conspicuous name is acceptable but four of them and you really should be under the care of someone else because you are too stupid to survive.

yes, it is pretty funny.

Seriously?.....they aired that?

Seriously?.....they aired that?

Hard to believe, but true Luther.

That is oh so wrong....

and oh so funny. :lamo

But is it anymore racist than the Christmas Story sequence with the singing Chinese waiters singing Sirent Wight?

Oh, laugh it up. These are the very same guys that name those North Korean missiles. Nothing funny bout dat, you so smart.

Ask yourself, if I had lost my child in the crash, would I think it was still funny?

It is inappropriate to be funny so soon following a crash. But that was, indeed, funny.

Ask yourself, if I had lost my child in the crash, would I think it was still funny?
I'd be too overcome with grief to bother with such stuff. You would be too.

I'd be too overcome with grief to bother with such stuff. You would be too.

I'll take that as a "no," you wouldn't think it was funny ...

I'll take that as a "no," you wouldn't think it was funny ...
No, I wouldn't. Neither would I be at DP talking or reading about this event or anything associated with it, as I said.

No, I wouldn't. Neither would I be at DP talking or reading about this event or anything associated with it, as I said.

I know what you said ... I just thought it was irrelevant ... what is relevant is that no one should be laughing about racist jokes involving the tragic deaths and injuries to these people ...

Asiana Airlines suing Fox affiliate . . .

for televising bogus pilot's names:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Asiana said Monday that it will sue a San Francisco TV station that damaged the airline's reputation by using bogus and racially offensive names for four pilots on a plane that crashed earlier this month in San Francisco.An anchor for KTVU-TV read the names on the air Friday and then apologized after a break. The report was accompanied by a graphic with the phony names listed alongside a photo of the burned-out plane that had crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6, killing three and injuring dozens.
Video of the report has spread widely across the Internet since it was broadcast.
The National Transportation Safety Board has also apologized, saying a summer intern erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew.

I doubt they have much of a case since the NTSB apologized.

:rofl -- Have to admit, though, the television anchor was an idiot!

Should Asiana Airlines win their lawsuit?

Re: Asiana Airlines suing Fox affiliate . . .

The owners of the airlines are No Senso & Hu Mor.

The same airline that just got done killing three people due to an unqualified pilot with 35 hrs. flying time now has the audacity to sue?????!!!! The CEO of that airline must be Mi Az Hol

I know what you said ... I just thought it was irrelevant ... what is relevant is that no one should be laughing about racist jokes involving the tragic deaths and injuries to these people ...
It's a very gray and gloomy world you live in, then. Racial and language differences are often a source of humor, and it's not pejorative except to those with a chip on the shoulder. In this case, yes, it's somewhat insensitive and bone headed, but it's still funny. And yes, I absolutely hate myself for laughing. Now, can we move on to redneck jokes, Polish jokes, WASP jokes - you know, the one's you think are funny. I don't see any evil intent here.

Moderator's Warning:
Threads merged

That'd make it even funnier, but I have weird coping mechanisms.

Oh well that was just too effing funny.
And it actually got on the air ... and then into USA Today?
That made it even worse.

Why do we laugh at such terrible things? Because comedy is often the sarcastic realization of inescapable tragedy.
Bryant H. McGill

shocking ... and people might think it's funny if there was a report on a Sanford, FL, TV station that Al Sharpton fell and cracked his head on the edge of a sidewalk ... what's happening to us, people?

Back
Top Bottom