• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ashli Babbitt, justified shooting based on legality? Yes or no

Ashli Babbitt, justified shooting based on legality? Yes or no

• Total voters
all the reports I saw, said shoulder or neck singular and some mention both . . . so I dont know on that front. Most say shoulder.
the video and pictures show blood all in that area, he left trap was bloody so I dont know. I mentioned in my other post it may have been an entry-exit type of thing???

I only saw one person say head and that was a poster here. Doesn't mean there arent other sources out there in the interests that say different though lol

SHe also wasn't instantly dead like some said.
Yep. The report I saw said that she died at the hospital. Plus, people seem to miss the fact that she would have fallen a pretty good distance with that shot, since she was up off the floor a good 5-6 feet above the ground simply by trying to climb through that window. It appears that the shot pushed her back/caused her to fall back into that stairwell, so that would definitely cause some damage as well. Not saying the shot itself didn't kill her, only that the fall could account for additional damage that could have made the difference between being able to save her life or not. I imagine it was likely the fall that was the reason she appears to be unconscious while lying in that stairwell. And with the angle of the officer compared to her crawling through that window could have meant the angle of the bullet going in wasn't exactly straight through, but rather entry through her shoulder, and, either not exiting at all, or exiting at an angle through her back, going through more "meat", vital parts inside her as it moved.

Imagine someone on your left side shoots you at an upward angle from that side. The bullet could have entered her left shoulder and exited through her neck in the back.

According to a Republican interviewed that night (can't remember for sure but I think it was McCarthy) she was there with him and many more...
There are several reports that said Pelosi and upper members of Congress were the first to be evacuated.

I do not know why you are providing what I asked of another, but please, continue.
Cite the law that governs the officer's use of force.

I'm answering you because I assumed you were looking for the legal citation. That is what you asked him for, isn't it?

All that is required by law is the authority... which is provided in the above-cited 2 USC §1967.

If you're looking for the actual "rules of engagement" detailing when lethal force is justified and when it is not, they'll be found in the regulations prescribed by the entities listed in paragraph (a).

That's a little too "inside baseball" for me.

Last edited:
But the official reports that are the most recent state "left shoulder". I know that earlier reports were saying "neck", but this is most recent, from just the other day when they released an official report about him not being charged. I'd say that would have the best info.
I tend to agree, just saying many have said one or the other or both and it might have been an entry exit thing.
I know the picks and videos just show blood all in that area. Her basic trap area. WHen they are tending to her it definitely looks like the pressure is upper chest shoulder, trap area
🚨**GRAPHIC PICTURE ALERT**🚨

4NQ3LW2IMAOC226ZXZ572VDWQY.jpg

I tend to agree, just saying many have said one or the other or both and it might have been an entry exit thing.
I know the picks and videos just show blood all in that area. Her basic trap area. WHen they are tending to her it definitely looks like the pressure is upper chest shoulder, trap area

They are definitely putting pressure on her shoulder, not her neck, but it is a small area regardless. And with the angle he would have been shooting, it is very possible that the bullet exited out her neck after going into her left shoulder.

My guess is she was wearing a vest so he went for a head shot and hit the neck...
Possible, we'll probably never know that info or if he got a medal until he retires

It really is a shame that this women was driven into such a frenzy by her president that she got herself shot to death.

All that is required by law is the authority... which is provided in the above-cited 2 USC §1967.

If you're looking for the actual "rules of engagement" detailing when lethal force is justified and when it is not, they'll be found in the regulations prescribed by the entities listed in paragraph (a).

That's a little too "inside baseball" for me.
No. Establishing that the Capital Police have authority does not speak to the individual laws that govern the exercise of that authority.

So, are you saying you are not willing to provided the law that governs the officers use of force, or you just don't know?
It's no biggie if you can't do it, but if you can't, I sure hope you haven't taken the stand that it was a legal shoot.

There are several reports that said Pelosi and upper members of Congress were the first to be evacuated.

Possible, we'll probably never know that info or if he got a medal until he retires
Well in my eyes he is the only security person that actually did a damn thing to protect the Capitol that day.

I understand that getting the Congress people to safety was the priority, however there should have been a ton of suppressive fire giving therm cover...

I do not know why you are providing what I asked of another, but please, continue.
Cite the law that governs the officer's use of force.

If you haven't already guessed, I know what the law is and that is why I want others to back up their claims.
They literally can't.

Please share what YOU believe the jurisdiction and rules of engagement are in a situation like this.

No. Establishing that the Capital Police have authority does not speak to the individual laws that govern the exercise of that authority.

So, are you saying you are not willing to provided the law that governs the officers use of force, or you just don't know?
It's no biggie if you can't do it, but if you can't, I sure hope you haven't taken the stand that it was a legal shoot.
It was a damn good shoot. One of the best I have ever witnessed.

It really is a shame that this women was driven into such a frenzy by her president that she got herself shot to death.
I agree . . dont know if you have seen her videos and posts she made on line but WOW . . total loon. Qanon nutter all the way.

She tweeted this day before, guess she was wrong.
2_Screen-Shot-2021-01-07-at-153147.jpg

That is the legal authority. The question about whether or not the circumstances justified it is answered in the regulations referred to in paragraph (a).

But there is no question the legal authority exists - the Capitol Police are a legitimate law enforcement organization, and the incident did occur within their jurisdiction.

As for the regulations, it is pretty standard for police boards to authorize the use of deadly force in certain situations, especially in incidents of violent crime where life and/or property are under threat. Surely you'd agree that they don't issue them firearms and (lethal) ammunition just for "show", right?

(3) within the District of Columbia, to prevent imminent loss of life or injury to person or property, if the officer is in the performance of official duties when the authority is exercised;

Like you were already told.
Provided the statutes regarding the shooting to support your position. If you show that the statute(s) agree with your assessment I will more than happily agree with you.

its textbook

it could be used for a video of what is a sound legal shooting

Like you were already told.
Provided the statutes regarding the shooting to support your position. If you show that the statute(s) agree with your assessment I will more than happily agree with you.

I'm getting the impression that if you only wore a bulletproof vest, you'd be completely impervious to gunfire.

Last edited:

*LOL* This is hilarious.... Just because they have the legal authority doesn't speak to the exercise of that authority???

THAT's your argument??? Jesus... you voted for Trump, didn't you? Twice.

(3) within the District of Columbia, to prevent imminent loss of life or injury to person or property, if the officer is in the performance of official duties when the authority is exercised;
Of course, there was no imminent threat to life or serious injury.

Trump supporters say the darndest things.

"Just because they have the authority doesn't mean they had the authority"

"Just because a violent mob attacked the capitol doesn't mean there was any imminent threat"

You guys are high on your own gaslighting fumes.

Back
Top Bottom