• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

As we grow older

UtahBill said:
I mostly vote Republican on national offices/issues, democrat on local. I like the Governor of AZ (DEM), and the Repubs are having a difficult time finding somene with enough credibility to run against her.
J.D. Hayworth (blowhard) was considering it, but he is smart enough to not butt his fat head against brick walls.
I may extend my Dem voting to AZ senators next time, altho I do like McCain.
I am not a single issue voter, unlike one former co-worker who sums up the thinking of a lot of Repubs when he says, "if they can lower my taxes, they have my vote". As much as that man goes to church, he hasn't learned the differnce between selfless and selfish. He is selfish.
It would seem obvious that we all want to move forward, make progress, not sit on our duffs celebrating past successes, but looking for new ones.
But, we are not going anywhere collectively or individually until we can start looking at what is good for the nation long term, instead of what is good for ourselves immediately.:(

How high do you suggest the tax rate should be?

Donkey1499 said:
How high do you suggest the tax rate should be?
An extra 10% added to the top scale every time one of the rich ones get caught in a tax avoidance scheme.

Back
Top Bottom