• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As some of you struggle to put gas in your car/truck, here are the salaries of the Energy Sector CEOs...

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This does NOT include the massively rich Islamists in the Oil industry.

This is from 2017 (I'm sure the salaries have increased a lot).

This is ONLY the top 10 of the top 30...

1647111343424.png

1647112539960.png

So what?

Jealous much?

Thou shall not covet.

View attachment 67379670
Just want to add:

December 2021

Exclusive: oil companies’ profits soared to $174bn this year as US gas prices rose​

Exxon, Chevron, Shell and BP among group of 24 who resisted calls to increase production but doled out shareholder dividends

The largest oil and gas companies made a combined $174bn in profits in the first nine months of the year as gasoline prices climbed in the US, according to a new report.

The bumper profit totals, provided exclusively to the Guardian, show that in the third quarter of 2021 alone, 24 top oil and gas companies made more than $74bn in net income. From January to September, the net income of the group, which includes Exxon, Chevron, Shell and BP, was $174bn.

Exxon alone posted a net income of $6.75bn in the third quarter, its highest profit since 2017, and has seen its revenue jump by 60% on the same period last year. The company credited the rising cost of oil for bolstering these profits, as did BP, which made $3.3bn in third-quarter profit. “Rising commodity prices certainly helped,” Bernard Looney, chief executive of BP, told investors at the latest earnings report.

Just want to add:

December 2021

Exclusive: oil companies’ profits soared to $174bn this year as US gas prices rose​

Exxon, Chevron, Shell and BP among group of 24 who resisted calls to increase production but doled out shareholder dividends

The largest oil and gas companies made a combined $174bn in profits in the first nine months of the year as gasoline prices climbed in the US, according to a new report.

The bumper profit totals, provided exclusively to the Guardian, show that in the third quarter of 2021 alone, 24 top oil and gas companies made more than $74bn in net income. From January to September, the net income of the group, which includes Exxon, Chevron, Shell and BP, was $174bn.

Exxon alone posted a net income of $6.75bn in the third quarter, its highest profit since 2017, and has seen its revenue jump by 60% on the same period last year. The company credited the rising cost of oil for bolstering these profits, as did BP, which made $3.3bn in third-quarter profit. “Rising commodity prices certainly helped,” Bernard Looney, chief executive of BP, told investors at the latest earnings report.

they're just poor little companies.

The DNC needs to start talking windfall profits taxes again.... LMAO... Watch the oil companies crap their pants...

But less than they could. There is always room for growth. :)
sometimes a company is raking in so much cash they don't want to change anything (even if it helps the country during a time like this).

How does the Koch name stay under the radar? They are big investors in Phillips-Conoco.

US is paying for letting dark money and disinformation run riot​

https://www.opendemocracy.net › us-paying-letting-dar...

Jan 11, 2021 — US is paying for letting dark money and disinformation run riot. Billionaires such as Charles Koch spent a fortune convincing ordinary ...

How The Koch Network Hijacked The War On COVID​

https://www.dailyposter.com › how-the-koch-network-...

Dec 22, 2021 — This is the story of how that corporate-bankrolled campaign originally ... “Lockdowns have generated huge profits for Koch and other big ...

The funders of climate disinformation​

https://www.campaigncc.org › climate_change › sceptics

It might come as no surprise then that the Koch brothers devote a considerable portion of their enormous income to funding a political campaign against every ...

“Since We Are Greatly Outnumbered” Why and How the Koch ...
https://nationalhumanitiescenter.org › 2021/09

by N MacLean — conceptual groundwork for the “big bang” we have seen in US political life ... because his are so audacious, is that disinformation has become a core tool.

31 pages

How Kansas' Koch Industries helped fuel the US Capitol ...​

https://kansasreflector.com › 2021/01/21 › how-kansas-...

Jan 21, 2021 — Koch Industries contributed $708500 to Electoral College objectors through its PAC during the 2020 campaign cycle.

Five key ways the Koch brothers pushed their rightwing agenda​

https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › aug › koch-b...

Aug 23, 2019 — Charles and David Koch spent millions to promote conservative ... The Cato Institute is a key thinktank co-founded by the Kochs and ...

Lies the Koch Brothers Tell | NRDC​

https://www.nrdc.org › onearth › lies-koch-brothers-tell

Nov 10, 2014 — Charles and David Koch think you can't handle the truth. ... The political groups they fund spent $100 million to influence the 2014 midterm ...

sometimes a company is raking in so much cash they don't want to change anything (even if it helps the country during a time like this).
Undeniably true.
I picture every board meeting a laugh riot where they watch clips of the right blaming Biden for singlehandedly crippling the oil industry and driving up prices (despite being demented) while they watch monthly, quarterly and yearly profit figures rolling on a second screen.

Yes, they put the whole thing in motion.

Supply and demand for one of the purest commodities there is.

But we need someone to blame.

View attachment 67379670

Looks like Exxon was making a great deal more money under Obama than now.

This is a nothing burger.

View attachment 67379670

Here's an idea for you. Get yourself all the abilities and experience it takes to run an oil company as well as any of those guys do, and then offer to do it for $15 per hour.

Just want to add:

December 2021

And?

Here is a chart of exxon profit margins:

Notice they are just recovering to historical Norms.

Looks like Exxon was making a great deal more money under Obama than now.

This is a nothing burger.
It would be if but for the fact republican lemmings such as yourself are constantly lying about Biden single handedly crippling the oil industry and single handedly driving gas prices thru the roof.
Give those lies a break and you are likely to have facts like these thrown in your face less often.

It would be if but for the fact republican lemmings such as yourself are constantly lying about Biden single handedly crippling the oil industry and single handedly driving gas prices thru the roof.
Give those lies a break and you are likely to have facts like these thrown in your face less often.
So I guess you can back up this slander about me then no?

So I guess you can back up this slander about me then no?
Well first, defamation reduced to writing is libel, not slander. Slander is spoken.

If you are not amongst the crowd perpetuating the myth that Biden's policies have crippled the oil industry and is THE cause for the increase in oil prices, then my apology and I stand corrected.

Here's an idea for you. Get yourself all the abilities and experience it takes to run an oil company as well as any of those guys do, and then offer to do it for $15 per hour.
Why? I've already built a successful business.

The DNC needs to start talking windfall profits taxes again.... LMAO... Watch the oil companies crap their pants...
The DNC does not have the balls to do so. The DNC is far too conservative. We need moderates running
the show.

View attachment 67379670
excellent information = are the obscene golden parachutes included ????

View attachment 67379670
Those are large salaries but then they are private companies and they create profit for the share holders and the board decides he's worth it. Then again congressmen make $174,000, which is about 3X the average household income in America. Now are they really doing that good a job?

Back
Top Bottom