• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As some of you struggle to put gas in your car/truck, here are the salaries of the Energy Sector CEOs...

Most people need to become politicians and benefit from all the insider trading and grift to see profits like that while claiming to help.
or at least become a politician and lose and get people to pay for your plane.

i also have oil company stocks in my portfolio. if you don't then i'd be surprised. the oil industry isn't going anywhere for awhile.

now, go start another thread from Fox News.
Just wanted to insert some balance and perspective into the thread. Sorry if that offends you.😊

Just wanted to insert some balance and perspective into the thread. Sorry if that offends you.😊
it's smart to have energy sector stocks in one's portfolio. you don't?

It should be something we all acknowledge. Many on the left have acknowledged their policies will increase oil prcies and in fact that is one of the goals as it makes renewables more attractive.
Nonsense. If, as you say, there's some validity to your statement, then surely you will be able to post some supporting data. Personally, I don't think such supporting data exists.

This does NOT include the massively rich Islamists in the Oil industry.

This is from 2017 (I'm sure the salaries have increased a lot).

This is ONLY the top 10 of the top 30...

View attachment 67379670

Yes, the CEO's have very high salaries. Since your data is from 2017 it has nothing to do with the spiked oil prices we are seeing today (3/2022).

Lets not forget the salaries some athletes in pro sports get paid. Most top NFL QB's are 40+million a year to play a game. New collective bargain agreement for MLB has bench sitters at 3/4 of a million/year.

My point, there are people that get paid what many consider extremely high salaries in many areas. Some complain about the oil companies because gas prices have gone crazy. Yet, they will turn around and buy season tickets for some pro sport team that supports multi millionaire players and owners. Go figure:unsure:

Yes, the CEO's have very high salaries. Since your data is from 2017 it has nothing to do with the spiked oil prices we are seeing today (3/2022).

Lets not forget the salaries some athletes in pro sports get paid. Most top NFL QB's are 40+million a year to play a game. New collective bargain agreement for MLB has bench sitters at 3/4 of a million/year.

My point, there are people that get paid what many consider extremely high salaries in many areas. Some complain about the oil companies because gas prices have gone crazy. Yet, they will turn around and buy season tickets for some pro sport team that supports multi millionaire players and owners. Go figure:unsure:
i do admit that somebody like Tom Brady affects something like oil prices that affect almost everyone.

i do admit that somebody like Tom Brady affects something like oil prices that affect almost everyone.
My point was Oil CEO's were paid a high amount when gas was cheap. They are still getting paid a high amount with gas prices high.

sometimes a company is raking in so much cash they don't want to change anything (even if it helps the country during a time like this).
Increasing American dependence on gasoline and pumping and burning more oil isn't helping the country.

Are you saying that you think the high salaries of the oil company exec's actually impact the price of oil/gasoline ?

Everytime you shop at Wal-Mart, you are supporting one of the richest families in the world.

Are you saying that you think the high salaries of the oil company exec's actually impact the price of oil/gasoline ?
Do you think oil companies can increase or decrease production when they want to?

Do you think oil companies can increase or decrease production when they want to?

I work in the oil industry (downstream).

There is no operator out there who has a well shut in when prices are this high.

But the operator has to have a gathering system that he can participate in.

As well as a refining outlet (customer of his oil).

I once ran a spreadsheet where I took the entire estimated cash flow from a pro-football game and also estimated costs.

Then I said.....

Don't play the game.

Don't pay the players & coaches....but pay everyone else.

Sponsors still pay for commercials that won't air.

If people donate the amount they'd pay for parking, tickets, concession, other junk, as well as fights/hotels to/from the game.

The amount of money available for use at good causes...would be great.

Increasing American dependence on gasoline and pumping and burning more oil isn't helping the country.
Don't think wind and solar are ever going to replace fossil fuels, not going to happen. Pipe dream. Besides if it were not for subsidies to wind and solar you would see how expensive it is. Germany tried it and was paying 3X what France was paying for Nuclear power.

Everytime you shop at Wal-Mart, you are supporting one of the richest families in the world.

That is true for the one or two times a year I shop at Wally World:LOL:

Do you a problem supporting the owner of Walmart?

That is true for the one or two times a year I shop at Wally World:LOL:

Do you a problem supporting the owner of Walmart?

I actually do.

Wal-Mart was according to Sam Walton, supposed to be built on the back of the American worker.

We now call it the largest Chinese Outlet Store in the World.

Nonsense. If, as you say, there's some validity to your statement, then surely you will be able to post some supporting data. Personally, I don't think such supporting data exists.
If have no credibility if you deny increasing regulations and limiting leases etc will not effect cost and therefore supply of oil.

I work in the oil industry (downstream).

There is no operator out there who has a well shut in when prices are this high.

But the operator has to have a gathering system that he can participate in.

As well as a refining outlet (customer of his oil).

If have no credibility if you deny increasing regulations and limiting leases etc will not effect cost and therefore supply of oil.
You do realize the oil industry is sitting on 9,000 permits to drill on government and indian lands. Just sitting on them. Biding their time as prices go up and up and up. Yet you still claim bidens to blame. Your just another MAGA parrot for the alt-right MSM propaganda machine.

You do realize the oil industry is sitting on 9,000 permits to drill on government and indian lands. Just sitting on them. Biding their time as prices go up and up and up. Yet you still claim bidens to blame. Your just another MAGA parrot for the alt-right MSM propaganda machine.

A permit to drill means very little. It is no guarantee that you'll hit oil.

We don't have infinite drilling capability either.

Bringing a new well on line takes months assuming you can tie into a gathering system that has capacity.

Those are facts.

Back
Top Bottom