• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As some of you struggle to put gas in your car/truck, here are the salaries of the Energy Sector CEOs...

View attachment 67379672

So what?

Jealous much?

Thou shall not covet.
There's evidence of price gouging by oil companies as well as evidence of oil companies purposely keeping production down which keeps prices high. We have documentation showing how thousands of approved leases to drill on Federal and indian land not being exploited by the oil companies which keeps prices high..... Yet you ignore this viable evidence because it doesn't fit your narrative that Biden is solely responsible for gas and energy prices.

Well first, defamation reduced to writing is libel, not slander. Slander is spoken.

If you are not amongst the crowd perpetuating the myth that Biden's policies have crippled the oil industry and is THE cause for the increase in oil prices, then my apology and I stand corrected.
Ok

as evidence of oil companies purposely keeping production down which keeps prices high
from the standpoint of the oil companies, this is REALLY smart. it will make them a ton more $$$$.

from the standpoint of the oil companies, this is REALLY smart. it will make them a ton more $$$$.

So why are they doing all this when the Democrats hold all all three branches of the government?
Why not do it when the GOP had the same?

Yes, they put the whole thing in motion.

Supply and demand for one of the purest commodities there is.

But we need someone to blame.

Then why are you allowing "they" to get away with it. Personally I would love to know who "they" are.

You don't have to let this big conspiracy work or affect you.

You don't have to use that gas to drive your car or you don't have to use as much.

You can buy a hybrid car or a fully electric one.

If you don't want to plug in a vehicle, get a hybrid. It uses a lot less gas so you will save a lot of money and deny "they" from winning.

If you don't want to have to buy gas anymore you can buy a fully electric vehicle. You will save a lot of money and deny "they" from winning.

You don't have to fall for whatever it is "they" set in motion.

Or you can and just whine about the situation.

So why are they doing all this when the Democrats hold all all three branches of the government?
Why not do it when the GOP had the same?
why are they taking an opportunity to make way more money?

is this a real question?

This does NOT include the massively rich Islamists in the Oil industry.

This is from 2017 (I'm sure the salaries have increased a lot).

This is ONLY the top 10 of the top 30...

View attachment 67379670
Exactly!!

Its not Biden setting the price at the pumps. Billions in profit must be protected from the current crisis, result $7 a gallon.

I am sure there will be an increase in production, aren't you?
nah. their job is to make more $$$$ and not to help the world.

now, if it got REALLY bad, they'd do what they could to stop all out war (which means they could be destroyed).

Those are large salaries but then they are private companies and they create profit for the share holders and the board decides he's worth it. Then again congressmen make $174,000, which is about 3X the average household income in America. Now are they really doing that good a job?
Your point is obviously true. But I believe it actually lends credence to the original point of the thread. If these CEO's are doing such a great job making so much money for their shareholders so as to justify these salaries, the only thing driving high gas prices can't Biden's supposed efforts to cripple the oil industry.

By that, you confirming you are not one of those claiming Biden is trying to cripple the oil industry or that his policies are the cause of higher gas prices?

nah. their job is to make more $$$$ and not to help the world.

now, if it got REALLY bad, they'd do what they could to stop all out war (which means they could be destroyed).

Guess what. There are wells that could/will be drilled that will BOTH help the world and make their company more money.

Guess what. There are wells that could/will be drilled that will BOTH help the world and make their company more money.
I don't claim to be an expert in this field, can you provide the cliff's notes version of the "helping the world by more drilling" comment?

Those are large salaries but then they are private companies and they create profit for the share holders and the board decides he's worth it. Then again congressmen make $174,000, which is about 3X the average household income in America. Now are they really doing that good a job?
They also receive tax dollar subsidies thus should be ineligible for subsidies ..........

Install term limits voters ..... every 4 years vote in someone new......... yes we will need also to make changes
as the voters want new faces every four years. We'll never get elected officials to remove themselves from
lots of unofficial kick backs.

By that, you confirming you are not one of those claiming Biden is trying to cripple the oil industry or that his policies are the cause of higher gas prices?
Not single handedly no. But left policies in general do cost the oil industry.

And his policies likely have resulted in higher gas prices even before this war.

Not single handedly no. But left policies in general do cost the oil industry.
can oil companies up production now if they want? can they drill more now if they want?

and you might want to show how oil companies only drill new wells while Republicans are in power. i'm gonna wait and see if you prove that.

I don't claim to be an expert in this field, can you provide the cliff's notes version of the "helping the world by more drilling" comment?

They can add more product. The world is short thus the higher price currently.

You can't prove it. You cannot support this claim. Therefore it's worthless.
It should be something we all acknowledge. Many on the left have acknowledged their policies will increase oil prcies and in fact that is one of the goals as it makes renewables more attractive.

Most people need to become politicians and benefit from all the insider trading and grift to see profits like that while claiming to help.

Back
Top Bottom