• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge

Better senators would indeed help.
It's literally the only answer. That's it. Democrats can be so "fiery" that they cause a second sun to materialize out of nothing, but until there are at least two more progressive Senators every single response will be "But Manchin/Sinema."

If it were up to me, we would have several parties and a system designed to support that.
Tired of the same old as well? I am to the point of "whatever", " what difference does it make?"

Tired of the same old as well? I am to the point of "whatever", " what difference does it make?"
Basic freedoms are in danger of being lost. Things can (and probably) will get much worse until America remembers its foundational promise of becoming a more perfect nation again, but I have hope.

If it were up to me, we would have several parties and a system designed to support that.
I don't know that it's the answer to all our problems, but it's hard to argue against the idea that our democracy would probably be healthier if it had more than two viable parties.

Ah yes, that's exactly what American liberals need: more emotion.
Yes. Watch a video of a DNC rally then a video of a Trump rally. You'll see what I mean.

I don't know that it's the answer to all our problems, but it's hard to argue against the idea that our democracy would probably be healthier if it had more than two viable parties.
It wouldn't solve everything, but it would be a step in the right direction of giving the people a voice.

The founders, in all their brilliance, loathed political parties but recognizing there would always be political differences accepted two.

And we are condemned to following the Founders as though we still live in the 1700s.

He also lacks enough of a Senate majority to get over the tag team of Manchin and Sinema and the filibuster.
So how much sense does it make to take even more congressional support from him instead of giving him what he needs?
For instance, if he DOES want to do something about our rogue SCOTUS, he will need a historic upset in the House and Senate such that it renders the GOP unable to stop him.

I think liberals would like to hear some ideas from him on how he would reform the Supreme Court and deal with their radical decisions and sell those ideas.

The founders, in all their brilliance, loathed political parties but recognizing there would always be political differences accepted two.

And we are condemned to following the Founders as though we still live in the 1700s.
They may have loathed parties, but they cannot change human nature. The answer is to embrace parties in a manageable way.

I think liberals would like to hear some ideas from him on how he would reform the Supreme Court and deal with their radical decisions and sell those ideas.

I agree but again, without enough numbers in the Senate it really doesn't matter what he thinks.

I don't see how any democrat wins in 2024 without the aid of voter fraud.

When was the last time a Republican candidate for president even received the majority vote?

When was the last time a Republican candidate for president even received the majority vote?

A meaningless statement until you realize that the right wing definition of "voter fraud" is Democrats voting and winning elections.

I concede Biden won fair and square in 2020. I just don't think dems can win in 2024 because the nation has buyer's remorse in Biden.

Because you have a very distorted idea of it IMO. Most Republicans wrongly thought the same about the last election.

For a first election? 1980, I think, GHWB did in 1988 after 8 years as VP. For re-election, after stealing the firs election? 2004 was the only time this century.

Back
Top Bottom