• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge

I concede Biden won fair and square in 2020. I just don't think dems can win in 2024 because the nation has buyer's remorse in Biden.

It may be too early to make this prediction about Biden.

For a first election? 1980, I think. For re-election, after stealing the firs election? 2004 was the only time this century.

Seems unlikely it was all fraud.

I concede Biden won fair and square in 2020. I just don't think dems can win in 2024 because the nation has buyer's remorse in Biden.
I don't. And 2024 will depend on the alternatives, as always.

Um, you control the White House. You control the Senate. You control the House. If you're angry, it really ought to be from the left's own ineffectiveness governing Washington.

Though I suppose it won't matter if you are angry over that. Plenty of other people are and will likely make their feelings known in November.
Progressives/Liberals/Democrats run on improving the U.S. through legislation that remedies old problems, solves new problems, corrects wrongs, etc.
This requires the ability to pass legislation, which right now requires 60 vote in the Senate, which they do not have. Republicans in contrast don't want (most) laws passed, they don't want new regulations for clean air and water, they don't want new laws to better protect voting rights, or to fix our broken healthcare system...hell they don't even want to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

So as long as Republicans block nearly everything Democrats do as part fo their platform, and as long as Democrats don't have 60 votes in the senate, then "holding all three branches" is like putting the car in netural. It's better than reverse (Republicans in power), but it's not going anywhere.

Voters realizing that the old school GOP is dead would help. Why do republicans feel they must vote ALEC RINO's who are even close to old school republican?

IF ALEC RINO's would come out and admit that YES WE ARE Fascist Pigs they might get 5% of the vote maybe less. If their partner Evangelical Fundamentalists would own up and run on a EF ticket they might 1% of the vote.
Instead both are dishonest.

NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN AGAIN WOULD JUST ABOUT CLEAN THE SWAMP .....VOTE OUT THE DINO'S at the same time would give us about a 99% clean swamp.

Biden is a status quo politcian which explains why there is no aggressiveness in his rhetoric.

Dems should be impatient with each other right down the line. If they all pointed fingers at each other, they'd all be right. They should be blaming themselves, not the Rep/cons who only do what rabid dogs do. Get a clue, Dems.
Sarcasm?

If the Democrats attacked the Republicans with as much zeal as they attack each other, they'd be able to hold Congress.

Blind loyalty is useless, but sticking together is powerful. Rather than attack Biden, build up his accomplishments and attack Republicans.

Republicans scream, Democrats mumble. Who do you think gets heard?

In contrast, J.B. Pritzker, Illinois’ Democratic governor, delivered a fiery response that took direct aim at those blocking gun control legislation. “If you are angry today, I’m here to tell you to be angry,” he said, seething while Biden was consoling. “I’m furious. I’m furious that yet more innocent lives were taken by gun violence.”
Fat boy Prickster is the worst possible alternative. He's got at least one major scandal hanging around his neck (property tax issues).

Hmm. I don't believe that all liberals are angry, just the most loudest most hard left part is because they aren't getting the hard left extremist and idiotic policies they want, usually roundly rejected by just left of center, center and right.

This loudest, hardest left part of liberals are angry about not getting their idiotic policies and they are angry at their even being questioned and also angry that their policies are even being questioned.

Yup, and likely this will anger them only further.

The liberals, in general, have moved significantly to the left, and the loudest most hard left part have moved to the extreme left.
The above gets a like. What follows is laughable.
The right haven't moved all that much, in comparison,. The perception of the left of the right / left spectrum is such that they don't believe they've moved left, and, in some cases, believe they've moderated. They are wrong on that.

Most of the liberals in congress are locked in 90s style politics where they want to meet in the middle and hammer out compromise legislation. There are some squad types, but they do not control policy.

The problem is that conservatives have largely decided to follow "alternative reality" instead of actual current events and 90s style politics will not work with people who do not have a fact based view of the world.

This means we need politicians who are willing to tell the truth of things and fight for that.

In terms of your anger comment, there are ways to communicate to people and build a base of people who pull in the same direction without using anger. Bernie Sanders does that quite well for example. Stacy Abrams is another good example.

Wanting to meet in the middle implies a starting position somewhere before the middle. Dems start at the middle and get negotiated by the Rep/cons from there to the right of the middle.

The Dems don't need to be angry but do need to be more visceral and emotional to connect with the public. Professorial from behind a podium doesn't work by itself.

President Biden took the stage at an Independence Day barbecue just a few hours after the latest horrific shooting to upend an American city — but at his first opportunity to address the nation in person about the Highland Park killings, he did so only obliquely.
“You all heard what happened today,” Biden said. “Things will get better still, but not without more hard work together.”
It was not until about two hours later, after singer Andy Grammer finished an acoustic version of “Give Love,” that the president returned to the stage and attempted to respond to the tragedy more fulsomely, calling for a moment of silence and decrying the spate of mass shootings. “We’ve got a lot more work to do,” Biden said, reiterating some of what he had said in a written statement earlier in the day. “We’ve got to get this under control.”
In contrast, J.B. Pritzker, Illinois’ Democratic governor, delivered a fiery response that took direct aim at those blocking gun control legislation. “If you are angry today, I’m here to tell you to be angry,” he said, seething while Biden was consoling. “I’m furious. I’m furious that yet more innocent lives were taken by gun violence.”

I would agree that we need liberals who are willing to speak the flat truth. Right now most democratic leadership is conciliatory and is stuck in 90s style politics, which isn't going to solve anything.
You voted for someone you knew was incompetent. Now you're stuck with him.

To make things worse, everyone who does not hate Trump can see how much better he was at running the country.

Better senators would indeed help.
Good luck with that. If you lose Manchin, then you get a Republican majority.

You voted for someone you knew was incompetent. Now you're stuck with him.

To make things worse, everyone who does not hate Trump can see how much better he was at running the country.
At the time, I thought he would make a positive difference, but at least he is not actively hurting the country like the previous president, so its still a major improvement.
Good luck with that. If you lose Manchin, then you get a Republican majority.
Maybe, maybe not. What I care about most is the senate and 538 has it as a tossup right now.

At the time, I thought he would make a positive difference, but at least he is not actively hurting the country like the previous president, so its still a major improvement.
It's not. Trump was much better at doing the job, no matter how bad things looked at the time.

All you have to do is set aside your preconceptions and look at the facts. I know you won't because denial is like that, but someday you may have a better perspective.

Maybe, maybe not. What I care about most is the senate and 538 has it as a tossup right now.
True but the lean is to the right. Three of the five tossups are Democratic seats and Wisconsin may be slipping away.

It's not. Trump was much better at doing the job, no matter how bad things looked at the time.

All you have to do is set aside your preconceptions and look at the facts. I know you won't because denial is like that, but someday you may have a better perspective.
Between his inability to deal with COVID and the lockdowns that resulted, his attempted coup, and his general attacks on american culture, there wasn't much positive about his presidency.
True but the lean is to the right. Three of the five tossups are Democratic seats and Wisconsin may be slipping away.
Very slight lean that has swung a bit blue over the last week.

Sarcasm?

If the Democrats attacked the Republicans with as much zeal as they attack each other, they'd be able to hold Congress.

Blind loyalty is useless, but sticking together is powerful. Rather than attack Biden, build up his accomplishments and attack Republicans.

Republicans scream, Democrats mumble. Who do you think gets heard?

Same thing happened in Obama's first midterm election. His ratings were low, so the Dem party ran from association with Obama rather than fight for him. Cowards.

Newsome/Warren

Warren/AOC

AOC/Warren

Warren/Newsom

Bernie Sanders Senate Majority Leader

AOC Speker of the House

Yes I can ............
But you won’t.

I can imagine the good times the RWers will have with AOC...
those assholes have a wonderful time just thinking about AOC
however, there needs to be plenty of joy jelly and boxes of tissues

President Biden took the stage at an Independence Day barbecue just a few hours after the latest horrific shooting to upend an American city — but at his first opportunity to address the nation in person about the Highland Park killings, he did so only obliquely.
“You all heard what happened today,” Biden said. “Things will get better still, but not without more hard work together.”
It was not until about two hours later, after singer Andy Grammer finished an acoustic version of “Give Love,” that the president returned to the stage and attempted to respond to the tragedy more fulsomely, calling for a moment of silence and decrying the spate of mass shootings. “We’ve got a lot more work to do,” Biden said, reiterating some of what he had said in a written statement earlier in the day. “We’ve got to get this under control.”

I would agree that we need liberals who are willing to speak the flat truth. Right now most democratic leadership is conciliatory and is stuck in 90s style politics, which isn't going to solve anything.

Impatient?

Get your popcorn ready for November................................................you'll get to watch them all implode when he becomes a lame duck.

Between his inability to deal with COVID and the lockdowns that resulted, his attempted coup, and his general attacks on american culture, there wasn't much positive about his presidency.
This is a classic case of alt-fact usage over genuine facts.

Trump did a decent job of dealing with COVID. US results are comparable to other western industrial nations and he did deliver the vaccines.
Trump did an excellent job dealing with the lockdowns. The US economy recovered faster and more fully than any other western industrial nation.
There was no attempted coup. The most serious charge has been disrupting official business.
What attacks on American culture? This one is really strange.

There was a great deal of positive to say about his presidency. Some high points, good economy, low unemployment, energy exporter, FIRST STEP and GAOA, Abrahamic Accords, improved relations with both KSA and Israel, elimination of the ACA penalty, trade agreements, reduced illegal crossings of the Mexican border by over 80%, and NO NEW WARS.

Very slight lean that has swung a bit blue over the last week.
By what measure? Nothing much has changed since last week. Polling is almost nonexistent but Republicans still lead the generic ballot.

This is a classic case of alt-fact usage over genuine facts.

Trump did a decent job of dealing with COVID. US results are comparable to other western industrial nations and he did deliver the vaccines.
Trump did an excellent job dealing with the lockdowns. The US economy recovered faster and more fully than any other western industrial nation.
There was no attempted coup. The most serious charge has been disrupting official business.
What attacks on American culture? This one is really strange.
There was a great deal of positive to say about his presidency but you have to put aside your prejudice to see it. Just to hit some high points, good economy, low unemployment, energy exporter, FIRST STEP and GAOA, Abrahamic Accords, improved relations with both KSA and Israel, eliminated the ACA penalty, trade agreements, reduced illegal crossings of Mexican border by over 80%, NO NEW WARS.
Your trying to talk up a disaster out 4 years is noted.
By what measure? Nothing much has changed since last week. Polling is almost nonexistent but Republicans still lead the generic ballot.
By 538’s measure.

Your trying to talk up a disaster out 4 years is noted.
Your willful blindness is noted.

I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.

By 538’s measure.
No, they don't. I just checked. The only new thing is a generic ballot poll and the Republicans are still up more than a point and a half.

Back
Top Bottom