• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As relationship sours, Macron tells Trump France is not vassal of U.S.

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-paris-attacks-anniversary-idUSKCN1NJ1SP?il=0

PARIS (Reuters) - President Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday told Donald Trump that France was the United States’ ally and not a vassal state after the U.S. president attacked him in a series of tweets that demonstrated how much their relationship had soured.

In five posts sent on Tuesday after a visit to Paris to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One, Trump reminded France of its near-defeat by Germany in two wars, took a swipe at its wine industry, and mentioned Macron’s falling approval ratings.
=======================================
Following his ridiculous antics while in Paris, Trump continues to dig a hole in our relationship with France, a relationship that dates back to before the Revolutionary War. In my opinion he is showing signs that could be regarded as 'creeping senility.'

Trump knows nothing - nothing - about France or Paris or the long, deep and wide relationship between France and America. I'm doubtful that Trump even knows much at all about WWI or WWII. Fortunately the good people of France don't expect much at all from Trump.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-paris-attacks-anniversary-idUSKCN1NJ1SP?il=0

PARIS (Reuters) - President Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday told Donald Trump that France was the United States’ ally and not a vassal state after the U.S. president attacked him in a series of tweets that demonstrated how much their relationship had soured.

In five posts sent on Tuesday after a visit to Paris to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One, Trump reminded France of its near-defeat by Germany in two wars, took a swipe at its wine industry, and mentioned Macron’s falling approval ratings.
=======================================
Following his ridiculous antics while in Paris, Trump continues to dig a hole in our relationship with France, a relationship that dates back to before the Revolutionary War. In my opinion he is showing signs that could be regarded as 'creeping senility.'

I think I've said this before. We are about to find out how our hyper-manic Twitter narcissist handles the other extreme of his manic phase. A little depression caused by maybe one of the kiddies getting indicted, France dream gone sour, sanctions not working, N Korea dream world disintegrating, NATO slippin', stock market circling the sewer, and the tiny mushroom the talk of the tabloids. I'm not sure he's thinking nice things about Macron and French wines.
/

I think I've said this before. We are about to find out how our hyper-manic Twitter narcissist handles the other extreme of his manic phase. A little depression caused by maybe one of the kiddies getting indicted, France dream gone sour, sanctions not working, N Korea dream world disintegrating, NATO slippin', stock market circling the sewer, and the tiny mushroom the talk of the tabloids. I'm not sure he's thinking nice things about Macron and French wines.
/

The images from his Paris trip showed a sulking teenager, not a U.S. president.

/

Excellent assessment, Dave. I am afraid you are correct.

Trump seems to be disintegrating as payback begins to show up. Trump has pissed on and pissed off most of our European allies even within the last 2 weeks. Russia on the other hand remains Trump's favorite nation much to the concern of our allies in Europe.

Things will likely become worse before they improve. God only knows what is next.

Excellent assessment, Dave. I am afraid you are correct.

Trump seems to be disintegrating as payback begins to show up. Trump has pissed on and pissed off most of our European allies even within the last 2 weeks. Russia on the other hand remains Trump's favorite nation much to the concern of our allies in Europe.

Things will likely become worse before they improve. God only knows what is next.

My guess? He will start making nice with the new dictator of Brazil

Back
Top Bottom