• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As NC investigates election fraud allegation, state removes Mark Meadows from voter rolls

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We can thank Republicans' continued efforts to uncover election fraud. So far they've found no election fraud, or they did find election fraud but it was committed by Republicans. Is it time to shut down Republican voting until we can figure out what's going on?

ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Mark Meadows has been removed from North Carolina's voter rolls, a move made as the State Bureau of Investigation continues a probe into allegations the former White House chief of staff committed election fraud.

Macon County Board of Elections Director Melanie Thibault confirmed April 12 that she had removed Meadows the prior day from the county's active voter list. Thibault said she consulted N.C. Board of Elections staff in Raleigh after finding records that Meadows was registered both in Virginia and North Carolina.

"What I found was that he was also registered in the state of Virginia. And he voted in a 2021 election. The last election he voted in Macon County was in 2020," she said.

The state law under which he was removed was General Statute 163-57, which says, "if a person goes into another state, county, municipality, precinct, ward, or other election district, or into the District of Columbia, and while there exercises the right of a citizen by voting in an election, that person shall be considered to have lost residence in that State, county, municipality, precinct, ward, or other election district from which that person removed."

Last edited:
We can thank Republicans' continued efforts to uncover election fraud. So far they've found no election fraud, or election fraud committed by Republicans. Is it time to shut down Republican voting until we can figure out what's going on?

ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Mark Meadows has been removed from North Carolina's voter rolls, a move made as the State Bureau of Investigation continues a probe into allegations the former White House chief of staff committed election fraud.

Macon County Board of Elections Director Melanie Thibault confirmed April 12 that she had removed Meadows the prior day from the county's active voter list. Thibault said she consulted N.C. Board of Elections staff in Raleigh after finding records that Meadows was registered both in Virginia and North Carolina.

"What I found was that he was also registered in the state of Virginia. And he voted in a 2021 election. The last election he voted in Macon County was in 2020," she said.

The state law under which he was removed was General Statute 163-57, which says, "if a person goes into another state, county, municipality, precinct, ward, or other election district, or into the District of Columbia, and while there exercises the right of a citizen by voting in an election, that person shall be considered to have lost residence in that State, county, municipality, precinct, ward, or other election district from which that person removed."

Corrupt asshole.

Can we expect any of the Trump devotees to wander in here and try to justify his actions?

We can thank Republicans' continued efforts to uncover election fraud. So far they've found no election fraud, or election fraud committed by Republicans. Is it time to shut down Republican voting until we can figure out what's going on?

Republicans: "Do as I say, not as I do."

So, pop quiz, everybody:

What do you think Fox News would look like right now if Ron Klain, the White House chief of staff, was investigated and removed from voter rolls for committing election fraud? Do you think conservatives would have something to say about that?

So, pop quiz, everybody:

What do you think Fox News would look like right now if Ron Klain, the White House chief of staff, was investigated and removed from voter rolls for committing election fraud? Do you think conservatives would have something to say about that?
It would be all over Fox News for the next 4 years.

Actual voter fraud.

Where is @Mycroft ?
I'm not concerned with minor voter fraud. I've always been concerned with massive election fraud.

I'll leave the voter fraud to you.

I'm not concerned with minor voter fraud. I've always been concerned with massive election fraud.

And you have never ever produced proof of any, have you.

Dismissed.

Question without reading. Did he vote in both North Carolina and Virginia or was he simply registered in both states? Meadows is a scumbag, but if it's a case of just being registered there that's not a big deal....people move...their registration isn't automatically removed from the rolls. If he voted in both states....lock his sorry butt up

Question without reading. Did he vote in both North Carolina and Virginia or was he simply registered in both states? Meadows is a scumbag, but if it's a case of just being registered there that's not a big deal....people move...their registration isn't automatically removed from the rolls. If he voted in both states....lock his sorry butt up
One thing about NC, he didn't even LIVE there. His address was not being used by him.

There was no legal reason for him to be registered in NC. He didn't own or rent property here. Even his family didn't actually own or legitimately rent that property they listed as a residence. They were renting a "vacation spot" from a friend of a friend, from the reports I read. And that is what they listed as their residence, him and his wife, when they registered to vote here.

This would be like me taking a month or 2 vacation at Mountain Lake resort in VA and then using that as my residence to register to vote up there.

One thing about NC, he didn't even LIVE there. His address was not being used by him.

He vote there by absentee ballot a couple of years ago,

There is a question as to whether he lied about it being his place of residence when he registered to vote from there. That is a felony.

Wondering when (if) it will occur to you that the only instances of election fraud that's been uncovered haven't been massive, and that the number of "minor" election fraud instances has almost exclusively been by Republicans.

It's almost as if conservatives use accusations of election fraud to justify doing it themselves.

And the lack of massive election fraud certainly isn't for lack of trying. Trump did, after all, tell his base to vote twice.

Last edited:
Wondering when (if) it will occur to you that the only instances of election fraud that's been uncovered haven't been massive,
Not true.

and that the number of "minor" election fraud instances has almost exclusively been by Republicans.
Don't care.
It's almost as if conservatives use accusations of election fraud to justify doing it themselves.

And the lack of massive election fraud certainly isn't for lack of trying. Trump did, after all, tell his base to vote twice.
Nonsense.

The reason Republicans are so sure election fraud is widespread is that they're the ones committing it.

If massive election fraud occurred in the 2020 election the Republican Party in Arizona would have had to be totally inept. They have had control of Arizona for decades. Or just maybe no massive fraud occurred in Arizona and some just can't accept that Trump lost.

I suspect it is the same Nationally. Some just can't accept the fact that Trump did not win over enough Independents and some Republicans in his 2020 run.

Mark Meadows needs to go to jail. What makes him any different from these cases:

Texas woman sentenced to five years for trying to vote gets new appeal

Crystal Mason says she did not know she was ineligible, and with a poll worker's help cast a provisional ballot, which ultimately was never counted.

She was told she could vote again after felony convictions. Now she’s in prison for trying.

Pamela Moses said she had taken all the steps to restore her voting rights in Tennessee.

Moses, a Black Lives Matter activist and former Democratic mayoral candidate in Memphis, had an extensive record of felony convictions, including a conviction for tampering with evidence that caused her to permanently lose her voting rights in the state. To restore rights that she says she didn’t know she had lost when she pleaded guilty, the corrections department and county election commission both signed off on Moses’s voter registration application in 2019 certifying that her probation had ended, granting her full voting privileges once again.

But there was a problem: The officials who signed off on Moses being eligible to vote acknowledged they made an error in saying her probation was over, meaning her voting rights had not been restored. So when the 44-year-old Black woman submitted the certificate as part of her voter registration, she was charged with trying to illegally register to vote.

After she was convicted of the voting error last November, Moses was sentenced this week to six years and one day in prison.

================================

As former president Donald Trump and his allies have continued to make baseless claims of widespread voter fraud, several notable instances of voter fraud among White male Republican voters from the 2020 presidential election have emerged. Las Vegas GOP voter Donald Kirk Hartle was charged and convicted last year for forging his late wife’s name to vote with her ballot, after he alleged that someone else had stolen her ballot. Hartle was sentenced to probation.

Similar instances happened in Ohio and Pennsylvania, where GOP officials and voters admitted to casting ballots for their dead parents — cases in which the men received probation and no more than three days in jail.

We can thank Republicans' continued efforts to uncover election fraud. So far they've found no election fraud, or they did find election fraud but it was committed by Republicans. Is it time to shut down Republican voting until we can figure out what's going on?

As I just opined to another poster recently. Our political differences stem from our inability to agree on basic facts.

Was 1/6 an insurrection? Was it planned? Were there weapons? Videotape says, "yes", Republicans say, "no".

Are women being turned into criminals in ID and TX for seeking federally mandated healthcare? Republicans say, "no".

Did trump try to extort political help from Ukraine to win the 2020 election? Republicans say no.

In all of these cases, the "yes" answer is pretty darn clear based on my eyes and ears. Why can't we get on the same page at least?

Back
Top Bottom