• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As much as the left wants there to be, there is no racism epidemic in the US...

Please support your post with a citation that European countries encouraged mass migration of slaves to work on European farms or in factories. To be sure, there were English slave traders and owners of slave labor plantations in the New World but there is nothing like the endemic racism in European society that is normal in the USA. Racism is to be found in Europe nowadays and is linked to the migration of Africans or Caribbean people who chose to come to Europe for work and a better life. This is altogether different to American-born blacks who are subjected to systemic racism there.

Imperialist blowback. Imagine the surprise of the Christian missionaries who visited Africa to convert the natives, only to come home, and one day answer a knock at their door and find Africans anxious to join their church!

What failed policies led to poverty ridden, violent Black ghettos?

Every Democratic Party policy ever enacted with the intention of solving the problem of "poverty ridden, violent Black ghettos" has failed. The evidence is right before your eyes, on TV, and Youtube.

You don't want to see it. If you did? You wouldn't be asking me, you would be agreeing with me.

Imperialist blowback. Imagine the surprise of the Christian missionaries who visited Africa to convert the natives, only to come home, and one day answer a knock at their door and find Africans anxious to join their church!
Indeed. Many thousands of European schoolchildren put their small change into boxes on their teachers' desks as gifts for the 'black babies' and this money made its way to missionary societies. Never did they imagine they would ever see these babies all grown up and walking their streets.

Every Democratic Party policy ever enacted with the intention of solving the problem of "poverty ridden, violent Black ghettos" has failed. The evidence is right before your eyes, on TV, and Youtube.

You don't want to see it. If you did? You wouldn't be asking me, you would be agreeing with me.

You need to be specific. The statement is so broad as to be meaningless.

You need to be specific. The statement is so broad as to be meaningless.

It's much easier to turn this bus around....

Which Democratic Party policies can be showcased as ending generational poverty, dependence, broken families, gangs, drugs, and crime cycles?

Which Democratic Party policies actually encouraged and helped end multi-generational dependence upon gov't assistance; e.g. public housing, food stamps (SNAP), poverty, unemployment, education metrics, illiteracy, etc?

Lets be clear, the rest of the nation is integrated, educated, employed, own property, etc, etc. I'm specifically addressing democrat run inner-city urban centers that have long been breeding grounds for crime, poverty, and ignorance.

Where are the success stories?

I never believed there was an epidemic of racism in the USA. Rather, racism is endemic there.

I’m willing to say at one point there was, but that was ages ago. I even think Affirmative Action was justified in its first couple years. But Affirmative Action was actually started by a Republican, but leftists ignore that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you think about it, that just makes the GOP's inability to attract black voters that much more of a head-scratcher.

Why can't the GOP lure away the black vote, if the Democrats have been scamming them for decades?

Offer them some actual trinkets to replace the fake nothings they've been receiving in exchange for their support.

Sounds like low hanging fruit.

It’s funny you say that, because there are more black Republicans running for office than ever before! But according to liberals, “they ain’t black” or are “Uncle Toms”.

Unlike the USA, European countries did not import slaves to do their work like draft animals. There is no population of the descendants of former slaves needing civil rights in the European Union.

SO NOT TRUE!! Almost EVERY NATION had slaves at at least one point in their histories, if not many times. Even Africans (I mean ones that live in Africa, not "African-Americans) and Native-Americans had slaves. Even some freed blacks started plantations and had slaves and supported the Confederacy! Look at William Ellison for crying out loud!

William Ellison - Wikipedia

Just so you know, the one thing unique about the USA, is that we ABOLISHED SLAVERY within our first hundred years!

I believe all lives matter and until we all reach that level we will always be a racist society.

It's funny because to most lefties, "All lives matter" is a racist slogan. But I applaud you for thinking for yourself on that subject!

People are sure better at judging the flaws of the 'other side'. Let's say Democrats have an exaggerated priority on the issue of race for the sake of argument. So they're energized to vote for Democrats at an escalated rate because of wanting to improve race policy.

They'd be voting against a bat-**** Republican voter block who is voting for Democrats at an escalated rate because of things like a lie Obama was born in Kenya, and countless other lies, to it all comes out in the wash, with really Republicans having the advantage on getting out the bogus vote.

SO NOT TRUE!! Almost EVERY NATION had slaves at at least one point in their histories, if not many times. Even Africans (I mean ones that live in Africa, not "African-Americans) and Native-Americans had slaves. Even some freed blacks started plantations and had slaves and supported the Confederacy! Look at William Ellison for crying out loud!

Just so you know, the one thing unique about the USA, is that we ABOLISHED SLAVERY within our first hundred years!

Chattel Slavery as practiced in the American colonies and the US is a particularly cruel form of slavery. The issue IS NOT whether many countries have had or even have Chattel Slavery in their past or present. the difference is that WASP's specifically and Whites generally have held themselves (in my case ourselves) up as particularly enlightened over other races and it should be clear that they/we are not enlightened at all. They are capable of the most heinous of crimes and the worst degradations. We are not one damn bit more enlightened if one is trying to rate us vs anybody else and in most cases are a good bit worse! It is in part our view of our so-called enlightenment that has allowed us to take such liberties as broadly adopted and long standing Chattel Slavery and the laughably absurd Aryan superiority of the Gernan Third Reich and the heinous crimes that sprung from both.

As for what we did or didn't Abolish and when, we tend to be proud of our colonial heritage as it was as colonies that we threw off the yoke of royalty. Slavery in those terms lasted much longer here than it should have, as much as 200 years or more. In addition, we literally extended Chattel Slavery into economic suppression of American Blacks by upending the Reconstruction, brought on Jim Crow, engendered the ridiculous "Lost Cause" narrative and celebrated TRAITORS to the country as some sort of hero and thus remembering fondly aspects of a period of our history that we should not forget but should not celebrate either.

As a young white man and even as a young boy I saw the effects of Chattel Slavery on Black Americans not as some abstract but as something quite real and quite alive in a practical sense and while being quite old I am not 200 years old. Just as an example, in my younger days it was quite common for Whites to discuss in negative terms what we saw as a tendency for Black families to have a very difficult time staying together, something we tended to attribute to some lack of family values on the part of Black men when it fact we created whatever difficulty American Blacks had finding themselves well into the 20th century. Chattel Slavery as implemented here blew Black families to smithereens because the offspring of Chattel Slaves are automatically the property of the Master. So we had an extended period of Chattel Slavery here followed by upending The Reconstruction and the laughable absurdity of the "Lost Cause" narrative and all the nonsense that engendered and then had the audacity to blame American Blacks for what we perceived as a lack of family values.

Ah-huh....we are enlightened alright.....Enlightened my butt-end.

Last edited:
I’m willing to say at one point there was, but that was ages ago. I even think Affirmative Action was justified in its first couple years. But Affirmative Action was actually started by a Republican, but leftists ignore that!

America is much more divided now than ever because of how Republicans like Mitch McConnell, "Lying Ted Cruz", "Little Marco", etc. got behind Donald Trump. Democrats and Republicans had no trouble cooperating and giving credit where due but all that was before the Trump Republican Party.

Unless you go back nearly 2000 years, you will not see slavery of imported African families in Europe whereas slavery was not abolished in the USA until modern times and only after a bloody civil war.

Unlike the USA, European countries did not import slaves to do their work like draft animals. There is no population of the descendants of former slaves needing civil rights in the European Union.
Wrong. Not only did Europeans use slave labor, they were also heavily involved in slave trafficking.

“Between 1662 and 1807 Britain shipped 3.1 million Africans across the Atlantic Ocean in the Transatlantic Slave Trade. Africans were forcibly brought to British owned colonies in the Caribbean and sold as slaves to work on plantations. Those engaged in the trade were driven by the huge financial gain to be made, both in the Caribbean and at home in Britain.”
Caribbean Histories Revealed | Slavery and negotiating freedom

It was forced on half the country by force. All European countries had abandon slavery at that point, and they did it without all the drama. Here, we’re still wrestling with the drama. We always seem to have to do things the hard way.

Those 3 things you mention are all due to culture and other factors.
No it isn't systematic racism. You can either afford the 100k home or the 400k home. If you can only afford the 100k home then you have to deal with that.
There is no difference in value in a poor white neighborhood and a poor black neighborhood.

Home value is based on the value of the homes in the area and what is going on in that area such as crime rates etc ...
The first thing that can add huge amounts to home value is to lower the crime rate.

Also the more rental properties you have around the lower the home value.

Yep Red lining was legal at one point and was a horrible policy it was ended like 40-50 years ago.
no one pays it backward. you either improve your situation or make choices to change it.

hence why i am a huge advocate of school choice. allowing those kids to get out of those bad schools and into
better schools.

here in florida we have school choice. you can send you kids to any school in any district as long as there is room.

I think you might have let the curtain slip a bit when you attributed the inferior status of Blacks in our society to their culture. It kind of screams that you feel they are inferior.

Please support your post with a citation that European countries encouraged mass migration of slaves to work on European farms or in factories. To be sure, there were English slave traders and owners of slave labor plantations in the New World but there is nothing like the endemic racism in European society that is normal in the USA. Racism is to be found in Europe nowadays and is linked to the migration of Africans or Caribbean people who chose to come to Europe for work and a better life. This is altogether different to American-born blacks who are subjected to systemic racism there.

Thank you for admitting that the english engaged in and practiced slave ownership and slave plantations.
I guess the whole occupation of india by the british for a while is just well overlooked by you.
simply because it is inconvenient.

Let's also not forget the whole opium disaster that the british engaged in with china.
So yea maybe you should try taking your holier than thou attitude and take it down a few notches.

As someone else mentioned the dutch were huge drivers of the slave trade as well as spain.
In fact most of the slaves were sent to south america.

Next what you seem to just leave out or don't want to forget there were thousands of salves moved from
europe to africa. most of those were white people.

funny how your sense of history is completely wrong.

What things are due to culture and other factors?

As was pointed out, homes in Black communities are still worth less than ones in white communities even when their respective incomes are the same.
Depends on where the community is located. So you are 100% leaving out mitigating factors.

My earlier explanation refutes your paying it backwards statement. When wealth hasnt been passed in because there is none to pass on, the first in a family to create it see demands and need for its use in both directions. Unlike Blacks, due to housing policies, whites have had an opportunity to build wealth and pass it forward. Not so for Blacks.

Nothing stops them from owning a home right now. You are able to buy any home anywhere you want as long as you can afford the home.

Crime comes to neighborhoods where home values are lower, which they are in Black communities, because the tax base has eroded and it attracts less desirable people. Those are kinds of places cities put methadone maintenance agencies, halfway houses and cheaper rental units. If values go down, and the resale value isn't enough to cover the cost, these units become rental properties.

Crimes come to neighborhood due to several things.

1. Lack of community support for the police and the reporting of crimes. White people have a higher rate of reporting crimes to the police than black people do. When asked to help solve crimes white people have no issue in turning in their neighbor or other person that committed the crime. Black silence on crimes and criminals has a huge impact on the crime rate.

2. The reason they put them there is because 1 the city government demands it 2. Those area's tend to have a lot of drug users.
If you want less crime then you need neighborhood restoration projects and the expansion of trumps economic zones that encourage
business investment. YOu need the community to come together and start reporting criminals and drug dealers to the police not protecting them.

as i said it is a culture problem.

Last edited:
I think you might have let the curtain slip a bit when you attributed the inferior status of Blacks in our society to their culture. It kind of screams that you feel they are inferior.

No it doesn't because white people have their own cultural problems depending on where they live.
No i don't think black people are inferior, but they do have cultural issues. that they have yet and no one seems to want
to address.

White people have their own cultural issues as well in poor area's and there are way more poor white people than poor black people.
A white kid growing up in a trailer park has to deal with similar issues.

I come from a state where the opioid crisis is huge and is blowing out of control.
a buddy of mine i grew up with had the promise to do great things. nothing more than a drunk and a opioid addict.
lost his job wife kid etc ...

it was sad to visit home and see all the people i went to high school with just living mediocre lives.
No curtain slipped at all.

When your culture says that starting a business and becoming successful is a sell out to the man that is an issue.
When it says that if you are not a football star or a rapper than it is selling out that is an issue.
When it says that doing well in school etc is a bad thing and your being a sell out it is an issue.

Yet these are the things that affect most black kids today. They don't want the stigma of being a sell out.
or labeled as such or called an Uncle Tom.

Until you change that perception and that mentality you are going to see massive struggle in the black community.

Wrong. Not only did Europeans use slave labor, they were also heavily involved in slave trafficking.

“Between 1662 and 1807 Britain shipped 3.1 million Africans across the Atlantic Ocean in the Transatlantic Slave Trade. Africans were forcibly brought to British owned colonies in the Caribbean and sold as slaves to work on plantations. Those engaged in the trade were driven by the huge financial gain to be made, both in the Caribbean and at home in Britain.”
Caribbean Histories Revealed | Slavery and negotiating freedom
You are confusing slave trading with importing slaves en masse to the European mainland. There were enough peasants and working class laborers in Europe already.

Thank you for admitting that the english engaged in and practiced slave ownership and slave plantations.
I guess the whole occupation of india by the british for a while is just well overlooked by you.
simply because it is inconvenient.

Let's also not forget the whole opium disaster that the british engaged in with china.
So yea maybe you should try taking your holier than thou attitude and take it down a few notches.

As someone else mentioned the dutch were huge drivers of the slave trade as well as spain.
In fact most of the slaves were sent to south america.

Next what you seem to just leave out or don't want to forget there were thousands of salves moved from
europe to africa. most of those were white people.

funny how your sense of history is completely wrong.

You are confusing colonialism in distant foreign parts with importing slaves to Europe.

No it doesn't because white people have their own cultural problems depending on where they live.
No i don't think black people are inferior, but they do have cultural issues. that they have yet and no one seems to want
to address.

White people have their own cultural issues as well in poor area's and there are way more poor white people than poor black people.
A white kid growing up in a trailer park has to deal with similar issues.

I come from a state where the opioid crisis is huge and is blowing out of control.
a buddy of mine i grew up with had the promise to do great things. nothing more than a drunk and a opioid addict.
lost his job wife kid etc ...

it was sad to visit home and see all the people i went to high school with just living mediocre lives.
No curtain slipped at all.

When your culture says that starting a business and becoming successful is a sell out to the man that is an issue.
When it says that if you are not a football star or a rapper than it is selling out that is an issue.
When it says that doing well in school etc is a bad thing and your being a sell out it is an issue.

Yet these are the things that affect most black kids today. They don't want the stigma of being a sell out.
or labeled as such or called an Uncle Tom.

Until you change that perception and that mentality you are going to see massive struggle in the black community.

What unique cultural issues do Blacks have that "need to be addressed", ie. makes them inferior?

You are confusing slave trading with importing slaves en masse to the European mainland. There were enough peasants and working class laborers in Europe already.
I’m not confusing anything. You’re attempting to skirt/deny Europe’s significant contribution to the business of slave trafficking in/through Europe, and government sanctioned use of slaves on Caribbean colonies.

Contrary to your assertions, Europe’s hands are far from clean when it comes to the subject of slavery.

I’m not confusing anything. You’re attempting to skirt/deny Europe’s significant contribution to the business of slave trafficking in/through Europe, and government sanctioned use of slaves on Caribbean colonies.

Contrary to your assertions, Europe’s hands are far from clean when it comes to the subject of slavery.
American blacks are an underclass because they are descendants of slaves. Europe does not have this phenomenon.

American blacks are an underclass because they are descendants of slaves. Europe does not have this phenomenon.
Attempted deflection fail. I wasn’t addressing the above, and you know it.

I was correcting your false assertion that “unlike the USA, European countries did not import slaves to do their work like draft animals”. European plantation owners did import slaves to the Caribbean colonies to work their crops.

Millions of slaves were trafficked through Europe, and Europe profited by the forced labor of slaves sent to Caribbean colonies.

Back
Top Bottom