• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As much as the left wants there to be, there is no racism epidemic in the US...

Racism is endimic everywhere. Just look at how France treats Muslims, or how Germany treats Muslims.

Or how Britain treats Muslims.

Does somebody have to tell you a religion is not a race?

You omit other statistics, just as the left always does, in order to falsely conclude that structural racism exists.
Which statistics? Be specific.

In addition, merely saying "you're omitting stuff!" does not explain higher rates of unemployment, home ownership, comparable wages, criminal sentencing, or any of the stats I listed.

Of course, I am not surprised at all that you are avoiding the issue completely.

To say there is not systemic racism in America is disingenuous at best.

As we have seen during the trump years.there is also real racist people in America. Not a majority but a significant number.

Does somebody have to tell you a religion is not a race?

As both relate to cultural identity, Blacks, as well as Muslims are seen as a threat to white nationalist identity, thus they can be identified as a race. After all, the concept of race is a social structure.

To say there is not systemic racism in America is disingenuous at best.

As we have seen during the trump years.there is also real racist people in America. Not a majority but a significant number.

It is, in fact, a racist assertion, for it depends on believing that disproportionately high levels of poverty, ill health and criminal convictions among Blacks are due to their inferiority. For, without systematic racism, what other reason could there be for it?

I didn't say it was thoroughly cleaned up, in fact I said there has always been areas of blight, but there was a big attempt in 1970s that included abandoned houses sold at $1, the cleaning up of the inner harbor area, and construction of Harborplace with many new businesses, but of course the problem is much bigger than that alone could resolve.
Bingo on that link. Anyone who wants to actually be informed should read it.

I hear what you are saying. Although, I would say that the development of Harborplace did little to help people who need it most. They are thinking of tearing it down now. I hope they replace it with park and recreation space.

So "White Lives Matter" is not racist? Interesting.

it is interesting. The intent of Black Lives matter is to claim that gecause of our racist society, for too long, Black lives have not mattered and they want equality and to be treated with dignity the intent of White Lives Matter's seems to serve as a rebuttal to that assertion.

Thus, the former is not racist and the latter is.

Last edited:
Which statistics? Be specific.

In addition, merely saying "you're omitting stuff!" does not explain higher rates of unemployment, home ownership, comparable wages, criminal sentencing, or any of the stats I listed.

Of course, I am not surprised at all that you are avoiding the issue completely.

I'm not going to spend my day debunking what has been debunked many times already.

I'll simply point out the factors you conveniently omitted from you statistics:

• Police arrest blacks at higher rates for the same crimes as whites

That's because black people commit more of those crimes than white people do. Sorry, but that's an unfortunate fact you ignore.

You seem to be suggesting that police turn a blind eye to white criminals? If so, let's see the evidence.

• Prosecutors demand stiffer penalties for the same crime for blacks than for whites

You are not taking into account the offenders prior criminal record, the circumstances surrounding the offense, or the sentencing guidelines that vary in each jurisdiction.

• Police and prosecutors are less likely to prosecute whites when they just so happen to kill blacks

Citation please... You are suggesting that states drop charges against white people when the kill a black person, and I want to see the proof.

• Blacks are incarcerated at significantly higher rates than whites

Because they commit more crimes than whites do... It's another unfortunate fact that you omit.

• Blacks chronically have higher unemployment rates

You omit education levels, skill levels, as well as job opportunities in the areas where they live.

• Blacks are underrepresented in higher-wage jobs, especially C-Suite

You again omit education levels, skill levels and the correlation between how many per race applied vs. how many per race were hired.

• Blacks are consistently under-represented in government, especially elected positions

People are elected, not selected. Other than elected, show me the stats.

• Blacks earn lower wages for the same types of jobs

Citation. Where the proof that racism is the cause?

• The percentage of blacks in poverty is over twice that of whites

This one has too many factors other than race to mention.

• Household wealth for blacks has been stagnant for over 20 years, while that of whites has soared
26 charts that show how systemic racism is in the US - Business Insider

Where the proof that racism is the cause?

Where do Asians fall on that scale? I'll tell you, they are at the top... Since they are less than 5% of the population, how does that fit into the racism theory?

Doing anything more than this is a complete waste of time... You have no interest in anything that doesn't fit with your identity politics agenda. Your hope is the same as it is for all democrats and leftists... to rip the country apart by dividing our society so you can take power and completely dismantle the nation. That's been clear for many decades now.

I'm not going to spend my day debunking what has been debunked many times already.

I'll simply point out the factors you conveniently omitted from you statistics:

That's because black people commit more of those crimes than white people do. Sorry, but that's an unfortunate fact you ignore.

You seem to be suggesting that police turn a blind eye to white criminals? If so, let's see the evidence.

• Prosecutors demand stiffer penalties for the same crime for blacks than for whites

You are not taking into account the offenders prior criminal record, the circumstances surrounding the offense, or the sentencing guidelines that vary in each jurisdiction.

• Police and prosecutors are less likely to prosecute whites when they just so happen to kill blacks

Citation please... You are suggesting that states drop charges against white people when the kill a black person, and I want to see the proof.

• Blacks are incarcerated at significantly higher rates than whites

Because they commit more crimes than whites do... It's another unfortunate fact that you omit.

You omit education levels, skill levels, as well as job opportunities in the areas where they live.

• Blacks are underrepresented in higher-wage jobs, especially C-Suite

You again omit education levels, skill levels and the correlation between how many per race applied vs. how many per race were hired.

• Blacks are consistently under-represented in government, especially elected positions

• Household wealth for blacks has been stagnant for over 20 years, while that of whites has soared
26 charts that show how systemic racism is in the US - Business Insider

Where the proof that racism is the cause?

Where do Asians fall on that scale? I'll tell you, they are at the top... Since they are less than 5% of the population, how does that fit into the racism theory?

Doing anything more than this is a complete waste of time... You have no interest in anything that doesn't fit with your identity politics agenda. Your hope is the same as it is for all democrats and leftists... to rip the country apart by dividing our society so you can take power and completely dismantle the nation. That's been clear for many decades now.

Probably the most important one is Blacks have a fraction of the wealth as whites because so many things flow ftom it - acess to education, better jobs and better health. Also, since so much wealth is tied to home ownership, it is an example of systematic racism dictates that homes in Black communities are worth less than homes in white communties even when their incomes are the same. This gives whites an advantage because they have a greater tax base - this gives them better schools, better government services such as parks and garbage collection, better career networking and healthier communities. It also makes Black communities more susceptible to criminal activities, halfway houses and unhealthy environmental pollution.

So many of our racial problems can be traced back to the systematic racism of real estate and its consequences. One consequence is that while whites are often able to pass their wealth onto the next generation, Blacks, because wealth hasn't been in the family, find themselves having to pay it backwards, to help parents and grand parents of the wealth creators.

Here is an excellent article on this:

How Home Ownership Keeps Blacks Poorer Than Whites

Last edited:
What city do I live in? Nunya.

Rest assured, my neighborhood isn't run by Democrats.

Just as I thought, because you know I'll find some dilapidated **** nearby and blow your hole paradise bull****!

I hear what you are saying. Although, I would say that the development of Harborplace did little to help people who need it most. They are thinking of tearing it down now. I hope they replace it with park and recreation space.

I haven't lived there for over 20 years, but frequently go back. Things do look different 40 years later, but at the time all that I mentioned was seen as a much needed boon for the city.

Just as I thought, because you know I'll find some dilapidated **** nearby and blow your hole paradise bull****!

You have to go a 100 miles to do that. Hardly what I call "nearby".

I haven't lived there for over 20 years, but frequently go back. Things do look different 40 years later, but at the time all that I mentioned was seen as a much needed boon for the city.

People fought against it and wanted the money invested in neighborhoods. They saw that the economic opportunities there were limited. It looked good and drew people to the city for visits, but it wasn't much of an economic boon for the people who live there.

That's because black people commit more of those crimes than white people do.
You clearly don't understand "rate." E.g. whites and blacks grow, distribute, possess and consume marijuana at nearly the same rates; yet blacks are much more likely to get arrested for it, and serve more time for it. From the BI article you ignored:

5ee0e90af34d05483939f3b6

You are not taking into account the offenders prior criminal record....
Yes, I am. Or, to be more precise, researchers take those types of factors into account.
also http://econ.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2015/01/pdf_paper_marit-rehavi-racial_disparity.pdf

:roll:

Hello? McFly? It's all connected. Discrimination causes poverty. Since most educational funding is local, that means black schools are not only chronically underfunded, the schools also have larger burdens (such as providing more meals). Worse education, along with other discriminatory impacts (ranging from poor nutrition to hiring practices) result in fewer job opportunities. Even now, the idea of racially integrating schools drives whites completely bonkers.

I also notice that you completely ignore the very idea that those disparities in education and opportunities have any sort of racial dimension. Why do blacks wind up in worse schools? Is it just a massive national coincidence, in your opinion, that blacks just happen to live in areas with fewer job opportunities?

Yes, I'm sure there can't possibly be any racism impacting elections :lamo Anyway....

• 16% of Americans are black
• 30% of the US are white men
• 97% of elected Republican officials are white
• 79% of elected Democratic officials are white
• Nearly all sheriffs are white (and male)
• 90% of local police are white men
• 95% of elected prosecutors are white
• 14% of district court judges are black
• Anti-democratic features like gerrymandering, voter suppression, excessive representation by rural districts, disproportionate power to smaller states, lifetime appointments result in more whites in positions of power

Same job, lower pay, only difference is race, how do you explain it?

And yet, you don't mention even one, let alone consider that the "other factors" might possibly be connected to racism. Hmmmm.

:roll:

No, Asians aren't "at the top" -- that's just another pernicious racist myth (albeit less damaging) of the "Good Minority."

They face less discrimination, though, and that bears out in most of the economic statistics. That said, if you had bothered to glance at the BI article, you'd see that Asians are more likely than whites to attend college, but are still denied home loans at a higher rate than whites; and have lower rates of home ownership.

Oh, and let's not forget that Hispanics have similar economic, educational, and criminal justice problems as blacks. I wonder why? Hmmmm.

You have no interest in anything that doesn't fit with your identity politics agenda.
LOL! Pot, kettle, black.

I also notice that on a fundamental level, you haven't refuted the brute fact of these racial disparities. All you do is whine that "it can't be race!" even when you know the US has had centuries of racism, slavery, segregation and discrimination. So I ask again: When, exactly, did all that racism go away?

It's harder for a black man to get a job.

The manager doesn't even have to be racist. Say he has the opportunity to hire a black guy, but bob who works there is racist and might say something. Then the manager has to step in and fire Bob. Might as well avoid the problem and not hire the black guy.

That's systemic racism.

No it isn't.

Unlike the USA, European countries did not import slaves to do their work like draft animals. There is no population of the descendants of former slaves needing civil rights in the European Union.

Actually they did. YOu are 100% wrong and completely ignorant of history.

Not another post that misuses statistics to come to a bogus conclusion... How many times must people point this out to you all, before you grow a conscience stop this deception?

They haven't stopped yet so what does that tell you.

it is interesting. The intent of Black Lives matter is to claim that gecause of our racist society, for too long, Black lives have not mattered and they want equality and to be treated with dignity the intent of White Lives Matter's seems to serve as a rebuttal to that assertion.

Thus, the former is not racist and the latter is.

I believe all lives matter and until we all reach that level we will always be a racist society.

Probably the most important one is Blacks have a fraction of the wealth as whites because so many things flow ftom it - acess to education, better jobs and better health. Also, since so much wealth is tied to home ownership, it is an example of systematic racism dictates that homes in Black communities are worth less than homes in white communties even when their incomes are the same. This gives whites an advantage because they have a greater tax base - this gives them better schools, better government services such as parks and garbage collection, better career networking and healthier communities. It also makes Black communities more susceptible to criminal activities, halfway houses and unhealthy environmental pollution.

So many of our racial problems can be traced back to the systematic racism of real estate and its consequences. One consequence is that while whites are often able to pass their wealth onto the next generation, Blacks, because wealth hasn't been in the family, find themselves having to pay it backwards, to help parents and grand parents of the wealth creators.

Here is an excellent article on this:

How Home Ownership Keeps Blacks Poorer Than Whites

Those 3 things you mention are all due to culture and other factors.
No it isn't systematic racism. You can either afford the 100k home or the 400k home. If you can only afford the 100k home then you have to deal with that.
There is no difference in value in a poor white neighborhood and a poor black neighborhood.

Home value is based on the value of the homes in the area and what is going on in that area such as crime rates etc ...
The first thing that can add huge amounts to home value is to lower the crime rate.

Also the more rental properties you have around the lower the home value.

Yep Red lining was legal at one point and was a horrible policy it was ended like 40-50 years ago.
no one pays it backward. you either improve your situation or make choices to change it.

hence why i am a huge advocate of school choice. allowing those kids to get out of those bad schools and into
better schools.

here in florida we have school choice. you can send you kids to any school in any district as long as there is room.

I believe all lives matter and until we all reach that level we will always be a racist society.

Indeed. But throughout our history, only white lives have mattered. Race, being a social construct has allowed the white group to grow including more and more people who were not considered white before, such as the Irish and eastern European immigrants. But it has hardly included Blacks. BLM is a demand to be included in lives that matter. A demand for social equality for them, and, as their mission statement says, "by extention, for everyone"

Actually they did. YOu are 100% wrong and completely ignorant of history.

Please support your post with a citation that European countries encouraged mass migration of slaves to work on European farms or in factories. To be sure, there were English slave traders and owners of slave labor plantations in the New World but there is nothing like the endemic racism in European society that is normal in the USA. Racism is to be found in Europe nowadays and is linked to the migration of Africans or Caribbean people who chose to come to Europe for work and a better life. This is altogether different to American-born blacks who are subjected to systemic racism there.

Those 3 things you mention are all due to culture and other factors.
No it isn't systematic racism. You can either afford the 100k home or the 400k home. If you can only afford the 100k home then you have to deal with that.
There is no difference in value in a poor white neighborhood and a poor black neighborhood.

Home value is based on the value of the homes in the area and what is going on in that area such as crime rates etc ...
The first thing that can add huge amounts to home value is to lower the crime rate.

Also the more rental properties you have around the lower the home value.

Yep Red lining was legal at one point and was a horrible policy it was ended like 40-50 years ago.
no one pays it backward. you either improve your situation or make choices to change it.

hence why i am a huge advocate of school choice. allowing those kids to get out of those bad schools and into
better schools.

here in florida we have school choice. you can send you kids to any school in any district as long as there is room.

What things are due to culture and other factors?

As was pointed out, homes in Black communities are still worth less than ones in white communities even when their respective incomes are the same.

My earlier explanation refutes your paying it backwards statement. When wealth hasnt been passed in because there is none to pass on, the first in a family to create it see demands and need for its use in both directions. Unlike Blacks, due to housing policies, whites have had an opportunity to build wealth and pass it forward. Not so for Blacks.

Crime comes to neighborhoods where home values are lower, which they are in Black communities, because the tax base has eroded and it attracts less desirable people. Those are kinds of places cities put methadone maintenance agencies, halfway houses and cheaper rental units. If values go down, and the resale value isn't enough to cover the cost, these units become rental properties.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom