• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As much as the left wants there to be, there is no racism epidemic in the US...

It's all identity politics...
Wow, you really showed us with... uh... a video. Posted by some anonymous rando on the Youtubes. PROOF!

Let's just ignore how:
• Police arrest blacks at higher rates for the same crimes as whites
• Prosecutors demand stiffer penalties for the same crime for blacks than for whites
• Police and prosecutors are less likely to prosecute whites when they just so happen to kill blacks
• Blacks are incarcerated at significantly higher rates than whites
• Blacks chronically have higher unemployment rates
• Blacks are underrepresented in higher-wage jobs, especially C-Suite
• Blacks are consistently under-represented in government, especially elected positions
• Blacks earn lower wages for the same types of jobs
• The percentage of blacks in poverty is over twice that of whites
• Household wealth for blacks has been stagnant for over 20 years, while that of whites has soared
26 charts that show how systemic racism is in the US - Business Insider

This is just a portion of the statistical evidence for systemic racism -- unless, of course, you're going to say that somehow blacks are actually inferior to whites. That certainly isn't true on a genetic level, and of course anything cultural will be... wait for it... largely a function of discrimination, prejudice and racism.

Oh, wait, I've got it. The United States magically overcame centuries of slavery, segregation, discrimination and prejudice overnight -- when did that happen again? -- and now there are no real racial problems whatsoever. Plus, denying the existence of structural racism is in any way racist, right? Riiiight.

It's a powerful video to anyone who watches it and realizes that 50 years of Democratic Party policy is a failure.

So not to the voters of the district she is trying to win?

Oh racism exists. It just isn't the type we can do anything about

You are correct. Racism will always exist within a certain percentage of people, and that includes people of every race. All we can do as a society, is do our best to make sure those people who do harbor racist beliefs aren't put in a position where they can discriminate or do harm to others based on that belief. I don't think there's a country in the world that does a better job of that than the United states does.

Wow, you really showed us with... uh... a video. Posted by some anonymous rando on the Youtubes. PROOF!

Let's just ignore how:
• Prosecutors demand stiffer penalties for the same crime for blacks than for whites
• Police and prosecutors are less likely to prosecute whites when they just so happen to kill blacks
• Blacks are consistently under-represented in government, especially elected positions
• Household wealth for blacks has been stagnant for over 20 years, while that of whites has soared

This is just a portion of the statistical evidence for systemic racism -- unless, of course, you're going to say that somehow blacks are actually inferior to whites. That certainly isn't true on a genetic level, and of course anything cultural will be... wait for it... largely a function of discrimination, prejudice and racism.

Oh, wait, I've got it. The United States magically overcame centuries of slavery, segregation, discrimination and prejudice overnight -- when did that happen again? -- and now there are no real racial problems whatsoever. Plus, denying the existence of structural racism is in any way racist, right? Riiiight.

Not another post that misuses statistics to come to a bogus conclusion... How many times must people point this out to you all, before you grow a conscience stop this deception?

Let's just ignore how:

Some of your issues are interconnected. Sentencing guidelines will be heavier on someone unemployed. It doesn't mean the guidelines are racist. It just means a box is checked and it is the same box that would apply to a white offender.

More interesting is "Blacks are consistently under-represented in government, especially elected positions". The DNC mandated minority-majority districts and now oppose them as a giant republican conspiracy. What the hell do you want as a solution to this alleged systemic racism keeping blacks out of office? My city has a fair number of elected blacks. The problem is that a lot of blacks just don't run for the state or federal slots in my area.

So not to the voters of the district she is trying to win?

^^ This is how the left deflects then ignores the failure of democrat leaders of inner city ****holes across the country.

It also tells us the video is an accurate portrayal of the actual conditions on the ground, which liberals like BlueTex won't discuss.

I know the area, not all of them are condemned, in that carefully shot for desired effect video.

So...it's actually a bustling neighborhood with happy children playing and no crime, right?

Tell you what...I just described my neighborhood and my neighborhood doesn't have ANY condemned buildings.

Absolutely true.

There is NO systemic racism in 2020.

What there is, is the inability of some folks to take responsibility for their own shortcomings.
Instead, they look around for a scapegoat, such as systemic racism.

Of course, to be fair, some of those folks are being led astray by individuals such as the Speaker of the once august House of Representatives. She has just labeled Republicans as "domestic enemies."

Last edited:
So...it's actually a bustling neighborhood with happy children playing and no crime, right?

Tell you what...I just described my neighborhood and my neighborhood doesn't have ANY condemned buildings.

And what city do you live in, or is the biggest nearby city?

That's a powerful video. You won't see DP Democrats lining up to apologize for their party's failed policies that caused this.

In fact, you won't see them take responsibility at all; just blame Trump, imaginary racists, or white privilege.

What failed policies led to poverty ridden, violent Black ghettos?

Absolutely true.

There is NO systemic racism in 2020.

What there is, is the inability of some folks to take responsibility for their own shortcomings.
Instead, they look around for a scapegoat, such as systemic racism.

Of course, to be fair, some of those folks are being led astray by individuals such as the Speaker of the once august House of Representatives. She has just labeled Republicans as "domestic enemies."

Baltimore has had this problem for decades and it was cleaned up fairly well about 40 years ago, but there has always remained areas of blight as with most big cities. Low income inner city neighborhoods are not the choice of the inhabitants that find themselves there. It's not solely the problem of officials, though they undoubtedly play the biggest part; to say there is no bias anywhere in hiring practices is uninformed. Crime, poverty, and blight increase with the desperation level.

Baltimore has had this problem for decades and it was cleaned up fairly well about 40 years ago, but there has always remained areas of blight as with most big cities. Low income inner city neighborhoods are not the choice of the inhabitants that find themselves there. It's not solely the problem of officials, though they undoubtedly play the biggest part; to say there is no bias anywhere in hiring practices is uninformed. Crime, poverty, and blight increase with the desperation level.

I wish it was true that Baltimore cleaned it up. But speaking of B'more- required reading for anyone who wants to understand the source of the problem.

Taylor on Pietila, 'Not in My Neighborhood: How Bigotry Shaped a Great American City' | H-1960s | H-Net

What failed policies led to poverty ridden, violent Black ghettos?

Our failed welfare system. We, both teams, have taken the easy path. Throw money at it. Pay them to stay out of sight and out of mind. Neither team has wanted to spend the effort or the money to bring these people out of poverty.

Welfare is a generational trap. If they take a job they lose the benefits. Free housing, food stamps, extra money for.children, can't have a working man in the house or they lose the benefits.

Both teams are to blame.

To say there is not systemic racism in America is disingenuous at best.

As we have seen during the trump years.there is also real racist people in America. Not a majority but a significant number.

I wish it was true that Baltimore cleaned it up. But speaking of B'more- required reading for anyone who wants to understand the source of the problem.

Taylor on Pietila, 'Not in My Neighborhood: How Bigotry Shaped a Great American City' | H-1960s | H-Net

I didn't say it was thoroughly cleaned up, in fact I said there has always been areas of blight, but there was a big attempt in 1970s that included abandoned houses sold at $1, the cleaning up of the inner harbor area, and construction of Harborplace with many new businesses, but of course the problem is much bigger than that alone could resolve.
Bingo on that link. Anyone who wants to actually be informed should read it.

It's not solely the problem of officials, though they undoubtedly play the biggest part; to say there is no bias anywhere in hiring practices is uninformed. Crime, poverty, and blight increase with the desperation level.

Thank you for your sincere opinion.

My sincere opinion is that some folks are passed over for employment because they simply do not have the skills or because they have a bad attitude. If you speak with some managers, they will tell you hair-raising tales.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for your sincere opinion.

My sincere opinion is that some folks are passed over for employment because they simply do not have the skills or because they have a bad attitude. If you speak with some managers, they will tell you hair-raising tales.

Have a nice day!

Yes, no doubt that is true of some, but it is not the number one factor here, but thank you for your input.

Not another post that misuses statistics to come to a bogus conclusion...
:roll:

The statistics are real. The statistics make it very clear that structural racism exists, and is still harming minorities.

But go ahead, prove to us that you're not a racist, by explaining those statistical differences between whites and blacks as outlined in the BI article.

The statistics are real. The statistics make it very clear that structural racism exists, and is still harming minorities.

But go ahead, prove to us that you're not a racist, by explaining those statistical differences between whites and blacks as outlined in the BI article.

You omit other statistics, just as the left always does, in order to falsely conclude that structural racism exists.

It's a lie that has been pointed out time after time, yet you continue to push that lie to prop up your identity politics agenda and further divide our society.

Our failed welfare system. We, both teams, have taken the easy path. Throw money at it. Pay them to stay out of sight and out of mind. Neither team has wanted to spend the effort or the money to bring these people out of poverty.

Welfare is a generational trap. If they take a job they lose the benefits. Free housing, food stamps, extra money for.children, can't have a working man in the house or they lose the benefits.

Both teams are to blame.

To say there is not systemic racism in America is disingenuous at best.

As we have seen during the trump years.there is also real racist people in America. Not a majority but a significant number.

There were poor people living in segregated, ghettos of poverty long before there was wefare.

Racist housing policies deserve much of the blame, and they still exist, if not in paper.

Once we can no longer refering to 'white neighborhoods' and 'Black neighborhoods' as though they are natural things, we will know we are moving in the right direction.

He probably cant, without being racist.

It's harder for a black man to get a job.

The manager doesn't even have to be racist. Say he has the opportunity to hire a black guy, but bob who works there is racist and might say something. Then the manager has to step in and fire Bob. Might as well avoid the problem and not hire the black guy.

That's systemic racism.

That is where a manager needs to be fired or better yet sent to a racial training class. We cannot fix prejudice but intelligent people can be taught to not be racist.

But even BLM is racist. They are separating us by race.

And what city do you live in, or is the biggest nearby city?

What city do I live in? Nunya.

Rest assured, my neighborhood isn't run by Democrats.

That is where a manager needs to be fired or better yet sent to a racial training class. We cannot fix prejudice but intelligent people can be taught to not be racist.

But even BLM is racist. They are separating us by race.

Seperating by race is not racist because it doesn't maintain one race of interior or superior to the other.

Back
Top Bottom