• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A's, Astros walk off field in protest, game postponed

Baseball Shmaseball. Just cancel the season and fire everybody.

True, or they might not.

Astros fans were already disgusted by their cheating scandal. And this was the 11th game not played. And it's not just baseball either; the NBA is protesting too. Do you suppose the NFL will join in the protest?

They keep this up and their fan base may.

Professional sports are already on life support. TV revenue (based on existing contracts) is all they have left. Baseball in particular is very dependent on fans in the seats. Given that they are going to lose an entire year... and possibly next... MLB is in danger. The last thing they need is to turn fans away.

Have not gone to a game in years.
Generally only watch the playoffs if a team I like is playing and nothing else better to do.

My support in pro sports has diminished over the years. The players are getting paid way to much to play a game.

By protesting that cancels the game only proves to me that taxpayers should not pay for their facilities. This year I have not watched baseball, basketball, or hockey. If baseball folds I will feel bad for the maintenance and concession workers but not the players or owners.

Morons! And they are protesting over that fool Jacob Blake who FORCED the police to shoot him.

Idiots!

Civilization will surely collapse!

It might. The institutions that used to create a shared culture, are now dividing us.

Social media won't help either, with the banning of conservative voices. Soon, conservatives will have their own platform (Parler) and liberals theirs.. Further dividing and preventing communication.

I watch sporting events to escape the madness of the modern world for a few hours.

If the players want to inject that back into the sport, then what good is it? I'll go watch Gilligan's Island reruns instead.

Thanks for the good news!

It would be better news, however, if those gentlemen would make their protest permanent.

Professional sports are already on life support. TV revenue (based on existing contracts) is all they have left. Baseball in particular is very dependent on fans in the seats. Given that they are going to lose an entire year... and possibly next... MLB is in danger. The last thing they need is to turn fans away.

American major sport leagues have softened the quality of games for over 20 years now. And these players get paid too much to whine and sit out games because they don't feel like playing or because of shooting that happened that has jack **** to do with them.

You're right, they're all hanging on a string. If they fall, I won't lose sleep. I have more important things to deal with. If I wanna watch sports I'll turn on classic games from decades ago.

This basically started with Colin Kaepernick. The right and the Trumpsters lost their minds over it. They vowed to boycott the NFL when the owners did not sanction those players who chose to support Kaepernick.

Fast forward to today, and the right is claiming they are all for "peaceful protests" except that they weren't when Kaepernick was peacefully protesting.

Now the protests have expanded to include MLB, the NBA, even the NHL.

So I guess the Trumpsters are not going to have any sports to watch from now on.

All 6 fans were no doubt disappointed.

We are witness to the politicization of just about everything.

Welcome to the America of President Donald Trump, ladies and gentlemen. Don't be shy. Pick a side and vilify, you know, 'them'.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

It might. The institutions that used to create a shared culture, are now dividing us.

Social media won't help either, with the banning of conservative voices. Soon, conservatives will have their own platform (Parler) and liberals theirs.. Further dividing and preventing communication.

Gosh Parler's 2.8 million registered users are a real threat... LMAO.... Twitter alone has 330 active users... Facebook 2.6 BILLION....

Gosh Parler's 2.8 million registered users are a real threat... LMAO.... Twitter alone has 330 active users... Facebook 2.6 BILLION....

Parler has been around for 2 years - and i've only heard of it for a few months now. Facebook 16 yrs and Twitter 14 yrs. Give it time.

Parler has been around for 2 years - and i've only heard of it for a few months now. Facebook 16 yrs and Twitter 14 yrs. Give it time.

LMAO... Even I have an account... I find it amusing that they have already started setting content standards...

Once again right wingers demand nobody else ever exercise their right to free speech.

Once again right wingers demand nobody else ever exercise their right to free speech.

I think you are confused. Where do you see that?

Back
Top Bottom