• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A's, Astros walk off field in protest, game postponed

LMAO... Even I have an account... I find it amusing that they have already started setting content standards...

I don't have any social media. I find it all dumb. But, I just read the new content standards for Parler. No illegal activity. No bots/spamming. That's a bit different than banning people for (in many cases) mainstream conservative opinions.

Last edited:
I think you are confused. Where do you see that?

Literally every one of them in this thread "KEEP IT OFF THE FIELD I DONT WANT POLITICS IN MA SPORTS"

Who the **** asked you?

Literally every one of them in this thread "KEEP IT OFF THE FIELD I DONT WANT POLITICS IN MA SPORTS"

Who the **** asked you?

I see. You are confused. This isn't a freedom of speech issue with regard to the players. The players are at work.

You on the other hand, seem to be upset about people expressing their freedom of speech here.

This basically started with Colin Kaepernick. The right and the Trumpsters lost their minds over it. They vowed to boycott the NFL when the owners did not sanction those players who chose to support Kaepernick.

Fast forward to today, and the right is claiming they are all for "peaceful protests" except that they weren't when Kaepernick was peacefully protesting.

Now the protests have expanded to include MLB, the NBA, even the NHL.

So I guess the Trumpsters are not going to have any sports to watch from now on.

I don’t think anyone cares. Society may finally be relieved of the burden of those overpaid meatheads. That’s something to celebrate.

Once again right wingers demand nobody else ever exercise their right to free speech.

Where did anyone in this thread state that?

Who the **** asked you?

Sounds like you're the one upset about free speech right now.

I don’t think anyone cares. Society may finally be relieved of the burden of those overpaid meatheads. That’s something to celebrate.

Why do you think they are overpaid? Do you pay them? No, you do not. They are paid by billionaires who are paid billions by the corporations of America to be associated with those meatheads. Professional sports is a major industry that in normal times supports millions of ordinary folks from tire installers to tee-shirt sellers.

But if one of those meatheads says or does something you object to on a political basis, let's throw the whole industry under the bus and put those ordinary folks on the street as well.

Make America Great Again!

I haven't asked anyone to stop talking. What are you referring to?

I didn't say you have. You seem to be placing a lot of words into the mouths of others.

Why do you think they are overpaid? Do you pay them? No, you do not. They are paid by billionaires who are paid billions by the corporations of America to be associated with those meatheads. Professional sports is a major industry that in normal times supports millions of ordinary folks from tire installers to tee-shirt sellers.

But if one of those meatheads says or does something you object to on a political basis, let's throw the whole industry under the bus and put those ordinary folks on the street as well.

I’ve been opposed to the industry for a long time. I think they’re ungrateful wretches who’s pay is far in excess of the value they provide to society and I’m tired of paying taxes for their extortion demands for new venues.

Fans pay them. And baseball has gone to a systematic exclusion of fans from games and if they want to play to cardboard cutouts, cut back their pay.

I watch sporting events to escape the madness of the modern world for a few hours.

If the players want to inject that back into the sport, then what good is it? I'll go watch Gilligan's Island reruns instead.

I watch plenty of things on Youtube and frankly busted out laughing when the team owners installed cardboard cutouts as if those are fans.

I wonder if they also added loud noises to the cutouts?

Baseball fans.jpg

I didn't say you have. You seem to be placing a lot of words into the mouths of others.

Sons of bitches! Fire them all!

I hope the hosting network sues them for breach of contract.

Baseball Shmaseball. Just cancel the season and fire everybody.

I watch sporting events to escape the madness of the modern world for a few hours.

If the players want to inject that back into the sport, then what good is it? I'll go watch Gilligan's Island reruns instead.

I hope there are fines all around.

Have I? Many want these players punished for their actions.

I hope the hosting network sues them for breach of contract.

Yeah, just like the State of Georgia banned Ray Charles.
Twenty years from now you still won't understand, but twenty years from now I will still be able to point at folks like you and tell my grandchildren that we lived through a repeat of Jim Crow, only on steroids....and beat it anyway.

Because WE WILL, and you will live in shame.

PS; This doesn't change the fact that the Houston Asterisks deserve a special shaming all their own because even when they're right on black lives mattering, they're still a pack of cheaters who deserve to have their World Series trophies run over by a ten ton dump truck.

Have I? Many want these players punished for their actions.

You seem to think free speech makes you unable to face consequences in the real world especially when you are doing it on the job (esp. if that 'free speech' is you walking off and not doing what you're paid to do in said job). That's not how things work.

Freedom Of Speech =/= Freedom of Consequences in the real world for that speech.

Last edited:
Does this mean they don’t support our troops?

There was a time when even our BLACK TROOPS had to take **** from white bigots even when they sacrificed everything in service to this country, and when they voiced objections to it after returning home, they were lynched.

Medgar Evers served in the United States Army during World War II from 1943 to 1945. He was sent to the European Theater where he fought in the Battle of Normandy in June 1944. After the end of the war, Evers was honorably discharged as a sergeant.

He purchased a specially built home with extra security features, and was still assassinated anyway.

You seem to think free speech makes you unable to face consequences in the real world

False. I'm aware it's possible to do this. I never said otherwise.

What I said was that posters in this thread want those players to be punished if they don't shut up. Do you deny this?

False. I'm aware it's possible to do this. I never said otherwise.

What I said was that posters in this thread want those players to be punished if they don't shut up. Do you deny this?

No, you claimed, and I quote: "Once again right wingers demand nobody else ever exercise their right to free speech."

So you are indeed conflating freedoms of speech with freedom from consequences (the latter - consequences - being what they are calling for).

Back
Top Bottom