• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

As a businessman, who lives in Germany and ....

Urethra Franklin said:
Hard luck for Germany. I did like it, but there was nothing particularly very German about it was there? Hence my liking for the old language rule.
You think, a song by an Australian lady in Texas Country style is not particularly very German?

Urethra Franklin said:
Neighbour and aliance voting? Well it's inevitable I guess, even more so with televoting than with the old juries. I shamelessly televote for the countries I've been linked to in the past (UK and Slovenia), though for me the best entries were Bosnia Herzegovina (beautiful song) and Turkey (full of energy).
This is ok, this is a part of the game :mrgreen:

Urethra Franklin said:
See you in Helsinki next year!
(and by the way, for me "Gengis Khan" was by far the best German entry ever!)
Maybe they were the first casted group in Germany. The song was ready and they were looking for people to sing it. They have been successful for many years.

robby said:
As a businessman, who lives in Germany and often visits Moldova in connection of trade agreements of my small firm with Moldova wine cellars, I can't agree with disappointments of EU Parliament, sided with Kishinev and Kiev in the question of final settlement of Transdniestrian conflict. It's obvious that our Parliamentarians decided to support political campaign of Moldova and neighbouring Ukraine, directed at condemnation of aggressive actions of Tiraspol. They've charged Transdniestrian leaders with their unwillingness to settle the conflict on the borders with Moldova and Ukraine in a peaceful way.
But it's rather strange to hear such accusations against Tiraspol while it was Ukraine that has discredited its status of Guaranteeing Power in settling the conflict in Transdniestria now. You see, unilaterally Kiev has established economical blockade against Tiraspol and violated 1997 Memorandum, according to which Transdniestria has a right "to establish international contacts in economic, scientific and cultural spheres on its own initiative."
And there is no sense to speak about Moldavian "efforts to settle the conflict by peaceful by peaceful means", when it was Moldova (with unofficial support of Romania) who is bringing its troops and military equipment up to borders with Transdniestria. I saw it with my own eyes when I had to visit Tiraspol and crossed the border with Transdniestria in February.
Thus, our Parliamentarians should realize that their support of Moldovan and Ukrainian unlawful actions against Transdniestria may lead not only to humanitarian crisis and instability there, but also to defamation of EU character in the world.
So now we had a referendum in Transdniestria with 97.1 % want independence and later unification with Russia and 94.6 % do not want to belong to Moldavia.

The OSCE does not acknowledge the referendum.

Now, Mr. Bleskin, one of the top commentators of German n-tv channel described the referendum in Transdniestria as a small, but important step for Russia to be a world power again. I would post the link, but the comment is in German language.

He says, this is what Mr. Putin needed to be in a good position to make a deal with the Moldovian president Mr. Woronin. This would include far reaching autonomy for Transdniestria (which factually exists for many years), neutrality for Moldovia, the 14th Russian Army leaving Transdniestria and Moldovia leaves the Guam organization (Georgia, Ukrain, Azerbaijan, Moldavia).

This would turn Guam into Gua and would raise questions, if this organization is necessary at all.

quote by Volker
( the 14th Russian Army leaving Transdniestria and Moldovia leaves the Guam organization (Georgia, Ukrain, Azerbaijan, Moldavia).)

Oh great, they have just recently set up Guam, now your proposing that Moldovia leave it, meanwhile allowing Russia to further pressure Ukraine and latterly Georgia to also leave.

Can you not see that all this turmoil is deliberately being fostered by Russia, Putin was highly ticked off by loss of USSR territories, so wishes to have returned to the Russian fold of influence these nations who will then have to toe the Russian line.

And you Germans state you wish to live in a Democratic world.

Guess the only world your interested in living in is one that you control, oh well here we go again.

jujuman13 said:
Oh great, they have just recently set up Guam, now your proposing that Moldovia leave it, meanwhile allowing Russia to further pressure Ukraine and latterly Georgia to also leave.
This is the plan.

jujuman13 said:
Can you not see that all this turmoil is deliberately being fostered by Russia, Putin was highly ticked off by loss of USSR territories, so wishes to have returned to the Russian fold of influence these nations who will then have to toe the Russian line.
This was a referendum, not a turmoil.
Russia wants to be surrounded by friends.
I have no problem with it.

jujuman13 said:
And you Germans state you wish to live in a Democratic world.
Where is the contradiction?

jujuman13 said:
Guess the only world your interested in living in is one that you control, oh well here we go again.
Did you notice, that I side with Russia here?

Back
Top Bottom