• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"As A Black Woman I Think White Male Bashing is Dangerous"

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
As a Black Woman, I Think ‘White Male’ Bashing is Dangerous | Heat Street

Nowadays, we see countless examples of white folks (mostly male) being degraded on television and in commercials, or being told to ‘shut up’ in online conversations simply because they’re white. The Daily Show host Trevor Noah has made it its credo: take a social issue, throw in a couple of knowing jabs at racial clichés, finish on a joke about white people. The whole thing often comes across as deliberate race-baiting.

Of course it is. Racism is a core principle of the left.

But if they are baiting whites then what are they trying to accomplish?

Why does this woman think it's "dangerous" to bait white males?

As a Black Woman, I Think ‘White Male’ Bashing is Dangerous*|*Heat Street

Because it gets you this:

dummy.jpg

Which is indeed what the Left wants. They divide the world in terms of ethnic interest groups. The Right tends to divide the world into ideological groups. If the Left can push the Right hard enough on the ethnic angle that they push conservative voters into ethnic behavior, they pull them onto their field of advantage.

View attachment 67201488

Which is indeed what the Left wants. They divide the world in terms of ethnic interest groups. The Right tends to divide the world into ideological groups. If the Left can push the Right hard enough on the ethnic angle that they push conservative voters into ethnic behavior, they pull them onto their field of advantage.
How do you know that picture isnt really an angry Native American black woman. Dont be racist/genderist!

Well from the article you posted...
It would seem she is addressing "dangerous" because if the trend continues then it basically creates a shame state. Its dangerous to replace intolerance and racism of one people with the same for another. If not dangerous then it at least feeds the issues instead of solving them.

WTF is wrong with people? Bashing on any demographic just for the sake of doing so is dangerous and prone to problems. Did we really learn nothing from the 1960's and 1970's?

View attachment 67201488

Yes, getting whites to think of themselves as one ethnic group. That would be different. Is Trump perhaps the beginning of this?

Yes, getting whites to think of themselves as one ethnic group. That would be different. Is Trump perhaps the beginning of this?

I think the KKK, Ayran Nations, and Neo Nazi's all have Trump beat on this

As a person, I Think Bashing is Dangerous.
There, fixed it for her.

View attachment 67201488

Gay's, muslims and athiests, all welcomed by the religious right in the US I presume. Never identified by ethnicity or religion

How do you know that picture isnt really an angry Native American black woman. Dont be racist/genderist!

It might also be a lizard. Don't be specist!

Trump is the Effect, not the Cause.

The Trump Phenomenon is a very visible indicator that it is happening, but his campaign is a Reaction, not the Cause.

-

Trump is the Effect, not the Cause.

The Trump Phenomenon is a very visible indicator that it is happening, but his campaign is a Reaction, not the Cause.

-

If the soil weren't fertile, the seed would never sprout.

If the soil weren't fertile, the seed would never sprout.

Sure. But the Soil Isn't Trump.

Trump is a Reaction to the snarking, abuses, treason, betrayals, and Racism of the Left!

Trump was NOT my first choice of the Republican Candidates. But now that he IS the Republican Candidate, he is the ONLY Choice for possibly defeating the Left!

Hope from the 2016 Election cycle does NOT come from the outcome of the Presidential Contest.

Hope in 2016 comes from non-Leftie-Wackos banding together to vote out Far-Lefties from all other levels of Government: Senators, House Reps, Judges, Governors, Mayors, State Congress Reps, School Board Members, Dog Catchers....

-

Sure. But the Soil Isn't Trump.

Trump is a Reaction to the snarking, abuses, treason, betrayals, and Racism of the Left!

Trump was NOT my first choice of the Republican Candidates. But now that he IS the Republican Candidate, he is the ONLY Choice for possibly defeating the Left!

Hope from the 2016 Election cycle does NOT come from the outcome of the Presidential Contest.

Hope in 2016 comes from non-Leftie-Wackos banding together to vote out Far-Lefties from all other levels of Government: Senators, House Reps, Judges, Governors, Mayors, State Congress Reps, School Board Members, Dog Catchers....

-

People in general are disgruntled about the current state of affairs. People want to hear someone put into words what concerns them. Last time around, it brought about Obama with his hope and change mantra, because people were fed up with war and all. They wanted something different.
Same now. Time will tell how many put their money where their mouth is, or if they fall for empty rhetoric once again.

I think the KKK, Ayran Nations, and Neo Nazi's all have Trump beat on this

Fringe Groups. Trump is a major national party nominee with a real chance of winning the Presidency.

Spend a lot of time beating up and beating down white men in public, eventually, they'll get angry and start to identify the way you identify them, but in retaliation. :( It's feeding a lot of the alt-right sympathy out there, as well as the Trump movement.

Fringe Groups. Trump is a major national party nominee with a real chance of winning the Presidency.

Spend a lot of time beating up and beating down white men in public, eventually, they'll get angry and start to identify the way you identify them, but in retaliation. :( It's feeding a lot of the alt-right sympathy out there, as well as the Trump movement.

As a white man I do not feel beaten down. I worked hard for what I have, I had no barriers to my success except for my own creation.

I went to good schools, not underfunded like those of some US communities (mainly minority)

I did not have the police stop me for anything I did not do because of my skin

I never had a job refused to me because of my skin color.

I see a bunch of white men in the US upset because their previous advantages They are going to Trump, because of the appeal to go back to the way it was for them. Trump is a sales person, a very good one. And the people who support him for this election will be dupes in his sale pitch.

The same groups that are, and always have been shunned by average white people.

The groups most definitely

But the feelings behind them are within most people, even non whites.

I gave up apologizing for being a white male about 50 years ago, and I could give a rats azz if you do not like me because of my skin pigment. I can be just as ugly, or just as nice as anyone you will ever meet. I am very lucky to have the circle of friends that I do. We are a mixed lot of blacks, whites, Filipino's...... and everyone of them feel the same way about race issues.

Re: "As A Black Woman I Think White Male Bashing is Dangerous"

As a white man I do not feel beaten down.

Naturally. You were probably too busy stomping on minorities and women to stop and consider feelings.

I worked hard for what I have, I had no barriers to my success except for my own creation.

I went to good schools, not underfunded like those of some US communities (mainly minority)

And that's what makes you a bad and ignorant dangerous racist terrorist. It's your fault if anyone ever has had to deal with any of those things. Yours. You haven't done anything or worked hard or achieved. All you did was steal from others.

I see a bunch of white men in the US upset because their previous advantages They are going to Trump, because of the appeal to go back to the way it was for them.

Perhaps. Mostly I think they are tired of being blamed for everyone else's failure to make good decisions. Define them as an opposition group long enough, and they'll defensively eventually adopt it.

Trump is a sales person, a very good one. And the people who support him for this election will be dupes in his sale pitch.

On that I concur.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Re: "As A Black Woman I Think White Male Bashing is Dangerous"

Naturally. You were probably too busy stomping on minorities and women to stop and consider feelings.

And that's what makes you a bad and ignorant dangerous racist terrorist. It's your fault if anyone ever has had to deal with any of those things. Yours. You haven't done anything or worked hard or achieved. All you did was steal from others.

Perhaps. Mostly I think they are tired of being blamed for everyone else's failure to make good decisions. Define them as an opposition group long enough, and they'll defensively eventually adopt it.

On that I concur.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Do you actually believe that overall in the US, non white not males have had no barriers to success in life in comparison to white males. Either through not being able to get a private sector job because of their ethnicity or gender, or from being able to rent a place, or get a loan at a half decent rate. Even in practice the law is not applied equal. Blacks and Hispanics getting stopped in New York and being frisked only because of their skin color. Getting harsher punishments then whites.

So while non white not males can have success in life in the US it is going to be more difficult for them then if they were a white male

As a Black Woman, I Think ‘White Male’ Bashing is Dangerous*|*Heat Street

Well she's applying the purpose behind it / growing generic use of it to things on a broader scale. Noting what this might do, over time, to views and values which comprise the core of country's mode of function and what makes us *the US*:

This unproductive defensiveness eliminates the possibility for democratic debate and precludes all the party involved from having an honest conversation about where privilege resides in their our own lives, or from engaging with the experiences of others.

and

But spreading “white man guilt” with impunity is not an answer. If the bashing keeps getting worse and if politics of “difference” remain the norms, marginalized groups and the social activists supporting them might never be able to transcend their public standing as victims and do away with the very identities at the origin of their marginalization.

As a white man I do not feel beaten down. I worked hard for what I have, I had no barriers to my success except for my own creation.

I see a bunch of white men in the US upset because their previous advantages They are going to Trump, because of the appeal to go back to the way it was for them. Trump is a sales person, a very good one. And the people who support him for this election will be dupes in his sale pitch.
Everyone gains with Trump except the establishment. They're working hard to convince Americans to vote against their own self interests and support Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom