• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Artist of golden Trump sculpture strikes back at liberal critics: 'This is not an idol'

It may not be an "idol" but it is surely a piece of crap art....probably means Donnie will love it.

Heck its not even good pop art.

I know. It’s actually such a perfect expression of Trumpism: cheap-looking, gaudy, low-class, and in poor taste.

I know. It’s actually such a perfect expression of Trumpism: cheap-looking, gaudy, low-class, and in poor taste.
Which might be the point.
Think about it. The artist might be having a hoot watching the Republican Party defend his lampoon of them and Trump. His enormous joke on the cult might be paying off better than he could ever have hoped!

I did not see it as an idol. No more than statues of FDR are an idol. I imagine one can locate Statues of Obama. Should we call his statue an idol worship?

It's not an idol. It's a broad joke, a blatant ridicule of the Trump cult. You guys defending it like you do are rewarding the artist way beyond what he hoped for.
And you watch- he's gonna make a big bucks bonus off this and he'll be giggling for years about it.
I've completely turned 180° in my opinion of this installation art. At first glance it was gaudy and distasteful but seeing the reactions I now get the point and applaud it. How best to ridicule a cult?
Bravo!

It's not an idol. It's a broad joke, a blatant ridicule of the Trump cult.

it’s hard to ridicule the Trump cult, because the things they say and do you are so much more ridiculous, extreme, and hypocritical than anything anyone could come up with. You literally can’t make this stuff up. For example, SNL tries to caricature and poke fun at them, but then they turn around and say things in real life themselves that are so far beyond anything SNL could actually come up with.

I mean Jewish space lasers? Seriously?

It's not an idol. It's a broad joke, a blatant ridicule of the Trump cult. You guys defending it like you do are rewarding the artist way beyond what he hoped for.
And you watch- he's gonna make a big bucks bonus off this and he'll be giggling for years about it.
I've completely turned 180° in my opinion of this installation art. At first glance it was gaudy and distasteful but seeing the reactions I now get the point and applaud it. How best to ridicule a cult?
Bravo!

America is loaded with Biden cult members. As a former Democrat, I recognize that cult easily.

America is loaded with Biden cult members. As a former Democrat, I recognize that cult easily.

Wow, a cult that believes there is a dangerous pandemic that should be taken seriously and addressed according to the most current medical and scientific recommendations. Can you believe it? Outrageous! 🤣

Last edited:
it’s hard to ridicule the Trump cult, because the things they say and do you are so much more ridiculous, extreme, and hypocritical than anything anyone could come up with. You literally can’t make this stuff up. For example, SNL tries to caricature and poke fun at them, but then they turn around and say things in real life themselves that are so far beyond anything SNL could actually come up with.

Yeah, and the reactions to this statue illustrate your point perfectly. That thing couldn't be gaudier, couldn't be in poorer taste or more blatantly lampooning idol worship but the cult still indignantly defends it!

I did not see it as an idol. No more than statues of FDR are an idol. I imagine one can locate Statues of Obama. Should we call his statue an idol worship?

It may not have been meant as an "idol", but it's a golden statue of Trump, how is it not supposed to bring comparison to the golden calf from the Bible?

Just stop the Trumpism crap.

The only political cult that has ever existed in this country are the craven, idol worshiping TRumpist Orcs.

Just stop the Trumpism crap.

The only political cult that has ever existed in this country are the craven, idol worshiping TRumpist Orcs.
Look at how cultish you defend Biden.

It may not have been meant as an "idol", but it's a golden statue of Trump, how is it not supposed to bring comparison to the golden calf from the Bible?
A calf is not religious. If you came from India, perhaps you worship calfs.

Wow, a cult that believes there is a dangerous pandemic that should be taken seriously and addressed according to the most current medical and scientific recommendations. Can you believe it? Outrageous! 🤣
Why do Masks come with the warning label proclaiming they do not prevent Covid19 yet The ruler Biden thinks they do?

Two things I can honestly declare to have been told by Democrat posters. First this Jewish Space laser? Seriously? Qanon a huge group and danger, can you be less serious?

You are familiar with the Bible?
32 When the people saw that Moses was so long in coming down from the mountain, they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods[a] who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.”

2 Aaron answered them, “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.” 3 So all the people took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron. 4 He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then they said, “These are your gods,[b] Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”

5 When Aaron saw this, he built an altar in front of the calf and announced, “Tomorrow there will be a festival to the Lord.” 6 So the next day the people rose early and sacrificed burnt offerings and presented fellowship offerings. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.

Some artist made a short gold colored statue of Trump. Trump so far as I have heard him speak must never have seen it. If Democrats see it as their ideo, maybe their ideology has changed.

Oh somebody tried to insult the Jews. That is not cool.
That's all you got? Some made up pretense because apparently you are unfamiliar with the Golden Calf story from the bible? Exodus is Old Testament, lol.

Yeah but the calf in India does not make recommendations regarding specific tax rates and foreign policy. When they start worshipping one that does, that is a dangerous cult. Because that’s when political issues get taken out out of the realm of rational discussion, critical thought, negotiation, and compromise- things which are the bedrock of democracy- and become divine commands- to be accepted blindly and followed without compromise. Unbelievers defile the faith and must be eliminated.

Isnt it a little ominous that the GOP platform has become “whatever Trump says” instead of actual ideas? That’s idol worship. The golden idol at CPAC is just the symbolic expression of that.

I can remember when republicans said that obama was being worshipped because he attracted big crowds and gave great speeches. I think they even called him "the anointed one" when he gave a speech with some fake columns behind him for stage decoration.

Anyone who couldn't see a golden statue being the butt of a few jokes just doesn't have much awareness. When I first the picture of them wheeling it in I thought it was made by some pranksters to see if the QPAC attendees would see the obvious golden idol reference.

Some artist made a short gold colored statue of Trump. Trump so far as I have heard him speak must never have seen it. If Democrats see it as their ideo, maybe their ideology has changed.
The person who brought stated he had it made in Mexico, that is hysterical.

Back
Top Bottom