• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Artist of golden Trump sculpture strikes back at liberal critics: 'This is not an idol'

I did not see it as an idol. No more than statues of FDR are an idol. I imagine one can locate Statues of Obama. Should we call his statue an idol worship?

It looks like something in front of a shop that sells car radios. It's tacky and obnoxious.... Just like Donald.

It looks like something in front of a shop that sells car radios. It's tacky and obnoxious.... Just like Donald.

You guys ought to have bragged how it looked and not included comments about the next president of America.

A golden calf at CPAC shows just how little these wannabe religious nitwits know about the Bible they've never read.

Wow

That Grand Old Party. What has it become?

Will those evangelicals worship an idol

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath.…

I did not see it as an idol. No more than statues of FDR are an idol. I imagine one can locate Statues of Obama. Should we call his statue an idol worship?

Icantbelieveitistherenosanityleft.jpg

This is going to be in history books, folks.

ELOfrCoWsAAnXuE

3oo0k3.png

ERfiGVEWkAAMWCY.jpg

To think that they gave up God for that fat orange man, who openly despises them. I'd pity them if they weren't so morally disgusting.

Will you be ordering the miniature?

B447CB31-6315-420B-ADD5-6916089F790C.jpeg

Rarely, but this statue really is terrible. Imagine a golden statue of Obama at a Democrat function, how would you view that?
Or better yet if they had a white Obama statue. How would that suit everyone?

It was just purely tacky.

That the closet atheist democrats were replacing God with Obama would be the TOP talking point.

Yeah, I don’t disagree.

Not to mention the fact that he put it in shorts, so everyone would notice the golden calves :LOL: [Credit: Some random comment on a news page.]
I've been thinking, what if the artist is having a big, loud belly laugh at American conservatives? Golden Trump, suit jacket and beach shorts and sandals? Magic wand? What if It's the broadest, most blatant lampoon he could make it and the Repubs have rewarded him beyond his hopes?
Man. This might be the best joke of the year!

Art is subjective and is defined by the eye of the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom