• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arresting Federal Judges

Joe Steel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Illinois is under court order to permit shall issue concealed gun licensing. The legislature has passed the necessary bill and sent it to the governor, Pat Quinn. Quinn wants changes in the bill before he'll sign it.

I think that's a bad move. Quinn should ignore the bill and order Illinois police to enforce whatever gun regulations the State has now, before the new gun bill. Then he should order the Illinois state police to arrest the federal judge who order the changes.

Federal courts have have no constitutional authority to review legislation. Any judge who attempts to do so or participates in an attempt to do so is acting unconstitutionally. In my opinion, he should be arrested and prosecuted for a crime against the state.

Illinois is under court order to permit shall issue concealed gun licensing. The legislature has passed the necessary bill and sent it to the governor, Pat Quinn. Quinn wants changes in the bill before he'll sign it.

I think that's a bad move. Quinn should ignore the bill and order Illinois police to enforce whatever gun regulations the State has now, before the new gun bill. Then he should order the Illinois state police to arrest the federal judge who order the changes.

Federal courts have have no constitutional authority to review legislation. Any judge who attempts to do so or participates in an attempt to do so is acting unconstitutionally. In my opinion, he should be arrested and prosecuted for a crime against the state.

Cheese & Crackers Got All Muddy. Will you please!!! let concealed carry pass in Illinois?? WTF? Fight Missouri's battles. Let Illinois join the 21st Century.

Sorry but States can no more deny people thier Rights than the Fed's can.

Quinn's arguments were ridiculous.....moreover he knew the Demos and the Repubs worked out a deal. Plus where did he come up with that carrying multiple firearms would make things safer, that he put that into the bill? If he could get what he wants. Notice how that don't pan out with what he started on about public safety.

Note he threw himself up into the Mix citing the bill wasn't the effecting public safety enough. Which is why the other Democrats are all voting to pass over his veto.

Cheese & Crackers Got All Muddy. Will you please!!! let concealed carry pass in Illinois?? WTF? Fight Missouri's battles. Let Illinois join the 21st Century.

Sorry. Can't do it.

Missouri is run by dim-witted rednecks. I've always thought that if things got too bad here, Illinois is just minutes away. It's like Canada was in the Vietnam era. Now it looks like it's sliding toward the abyss, too. I have to do something.

That's a false premise. The so-called right to a concealed gun was created by a rogue Supreme Court. They had constitutional authority to it so the right doesn't exist.

So under this theory a free state, a state that applies constitutional freedoms for gun ownership should have congressmen/women like Diane Fienstein arrested for trying to deny them constitutionally gauranteed gun rights? Ok you take down the Federal Judge and let texas have DiFi? Please?

Quinn's arguments were ridiculous.....moreover he knew the Demos and the Repubs worked out a deal. Plus where did he come up with that carrying multiple firearms would make things safer, that he put that into the bill? If he could get what he wants. Notice how that don't pan out with what he started on about public safety.

Note he threw himself up into the Mix citing the bill wasn't the effecting public safety enough. Which is why the other Democrats are all voting to pass over his veto.

There's some speculation that Quinn's moves really are directed at his primary campaign. He's going to be up against some other gun control Democrats so he wants to pump-up his gun control credibility. If that's the case, he could do more by arresting the gun cult stooge who issued the court order.

So under this theory a free state, a state that applies constitutional freedoms for gun ownership should have congressmen/women like Diane Fienstein arrested for trying to deny them constitutionally gauranteed gun rights? Ok you take down the Federal Judge and let texas have DiFi? Please?

Your comment reflects a false premise. I'm saying no right of private gun ownership exists because the Supreme Court has no constitutional authority to review laws. The Supreme Court gave themselves that power in Marbury v. Madison. It's not in the Constitution.

Your comment reflects a false premise. I'm saying no right of private gun ownership exists because the Supreme Court has no constitutional authority to review laws. The Supreme Court gave themselves that power in Marbury v. Madison. It's not in the Constitution.

This is in the wrong section. Go to the constitution section. So let's address the issue.

What is your problem with concealed carry?

There's some speculation that Quinn's moves really are directed at his primary campaign. He's going to be up against some other gun control Democrats so he wants to pump-up his gun control credibility. If that's the case, he could do more by arresting the gun cult stooge who issued the court order.

Heya JS :2wave: Looks like he will be more concerned about Daley now than any others. ;)

That's a false premise. The so-called right to a concealed gun was created by a rogue Supreme Court. They had constitutional authority to it so the right doesn't exist.

"Rogue Supreme Court"? Really? :roll:

No the Supreme court did not create a Right as far as concealed guns go. People have a Right to "keep and bare arms". No where in the 2nd Amendment does it say "unless you are concealing" or some variation thereof.

Sorry. Can't do it.

Missouri is run by dim-witted rednecks. I've always thought that if things got too bad here, Illinois is just minutes away. It's like Canada was in the Vietnam era. Now it looks like it's sliding toward the abyss, too. I have to do something.

Posting on an internet discussion board will do nothing of value.

that is why i say the USSC screwed up, when it declared the states have to obey the federal bill of rights after the civil war.

becuase now in reality the federal government and states have zero authority over firearms, where states did have them according to how their constitution was written before the war.

Sorry. Can't do it.

Come down here to Texas, we have plenty of room.

Message a mod. They are around.

But.

Do you have an issue with concealed carry?

Yes. Shall issue concealed gun licensing is a threat to the welfare of the American People. The last thing we need is gun carrying "just because."

"Rogue Supreme Court"? Really? :roll:

No the Supreme court did not create a Right as far as concealed guns go. People have a Right to "keep and bare arms". No where in the 2nd Amendment does it say "unless you are concealing" or some variation thereof.

Probably but who knows? Maybe the idea will resonate an go viral.

Yes. Shall issue concealed gun licensing is a threat to the welfare of the American People. The last thing we need is gun carrying "just because."

Do you have a statistic to back this up? I know if you look at the statistics on the State of Florida (shall issue) Department of Ag website...they demonstrate that CCW license holders are amongst the least likely people to break a law...let alone commit a felony. Most of our revocations of licenses (6k or so in 2 mil issued) is due to improperly filled out paperwork, with 1600 being related to crime and even less (160 I think) due to crime involving a firearm.

Been smoking a little too much of that "wacky-tabaky" lately I see. :roll:

Oh yeah, States Rights! Arrest Federal judges!!....that'd go over like a lead balloon. :lol:

Been smoking a little too much of that "wacky-tabaky" lately I see. :roll:

Oh yeah, States Rights! Arrest Federal judges!!....that'd go over like a lead balloon. :lol:

"More like a Lead Zeppelin"

attributed to either John Entwistle or Keith Moon

Feel free to move.

Feel free to move.

generally people most terrified of honest people carrying weapons are those who are the most likely to be shot by a law abiding citizen or those who have overblown affinities for muggers, robbers and rapists

the other group are those who are afraid to make personal defense an individual responsibility and outsource that duty to the state. They don't want to be reminded of their timidity so they want to banish those totems that constantly accentuate their feelings of inadequacy

Back
Top Bottom