• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Around 350,000 Americans will die from COVID in 12 months. Is that winning?

Oh and over 220,000 new cases yesterday is of no concern?

They don’t care. They’ve been arguing the same things about covid since day one, the only difference is as the death toll mounted, they kept moving the goal posts. Now that it’s clear there never were any goalposts its back to their original position: who cares.

They aren't controlling the pandemic...
That's because one side denigrates public health. We can stay this way, or we can try to get to a spot where people are interested in returning to previous economic ways.

That's because one side denigrates public health. We can stay this way, or we can try to get to a spot where people are interested in returning to previous economic ways.
are there statistics showing that more Republicans are sicker with Covid than Democrats?

Breonna Taylor was making COVID for the Chinese in her apartment. Her mom was going to blow the whistle on her but Louisville Govt paid her $12 million to keep quiet.

Yes, but that only looking out a week. Even my hairdresser can guess how many deaths there will be a week from now based on current conditions; we'd like something a little more forward looking, even two or three months, with a reasonable amount of accuracy would be nice.

I guess that you aren't aware that the table is updated daily.

However, here is the latest table with the latest "Psychologically Significant Number" or 500,000. I do note that 14 FEB 21 is more than one week away. I also note that that projected date WILL change depending on what actually happens.

You might also note that the top section of the table has likely (based on current conditions) numbers right through until the end of March, 2021 (which is 74 days [more than two and less than three months] away).

Since you really seem to want to have unreliable numbers so that you can claim that they were wrong, here are the dates (based on current conditions) for

750,000 (29 APR 21),

1,000,000 (13 JUL 21),

1,250,000 (25 SEP 21),

1,500,000 (08 DEC 21),

1,750,000 (25 FEB 22),

and

2,000,000 (06 MAY 22).​

HOWEVER, I do not warrant those numbers as I have little confidence that the dates will be/remain accurate due to the fact that I have very little confidence that conditions will not change between now and those dates. In fact, I'm quite prepared to state, right now, that those dates will NOT remain accurate.

21-01-16 A2 - COVID vs Other Causes TABLE.JPG

My suggestion

Make sure that your medical insurance is fully up to date;
We have universal health care in this 1st World Country
and tell that to someone who has lost a close family member to COVID-19.
Do I also need to tell people that lost a family member driving on the road that it is not worth shutting down all the roads?

I guess that you aren't aware that the table is updated daily.

However, here is the latest table with the latest "Psychologically Significant Number" or 500,000. I do note that 14 FEB 21 is more than one week away. I also note that that projected date WILL change depending on what actually happens.

You might also note that the top section of the table has likely (based on current conditions) numbers right through until the end of March, 2021 (which is 74 days [more than two and less than three months] away).

Since you really seem to want to have unreliable numbers so that you can claim that they were wrong, here are the dates (based on current conditions) for

750,000 (29 APR 21),

1,000,000 (13 JUL 21),

1,250,000 (25 SEP 21),

1,500,000 (08 DEC 21),

1,750,000 (25 FEB 22),

and

2,000,000 (06 MAY 22).​

HOWEVER, I do not warrant those numbers as I have little confidence that the dates will be/remain accurate due to the fact that I have very little confidence that conditions will not change between now and those dates. In fact, I'm quite prepared to state, right now, that those dates will NOT remain accurate.

That's my point; the numbers you post are only reasonably accurate for a few days out. Looking backwards at the trends can be useful, but accurste dorward looks are more useful at this time. Mostly it's not your fault your charts don't do that, it's mine for not realizing how inaccurate the projections in charts are. Sorry.

It could be more or less obviously, but if we keep averaging what we've averaged so far (even with a ton of people, but not all, being safe) it should be somewhere in that range. And what's a bit concerning is we're now doing more things together with November, December, January and February to go.

That's without a vaccine and mass production and distribution of course.
~22m infected and only ~350k dead. That's a winning %.

~22m infected and only ~350k dead. That's a winning %.
what really impresses me about Trump is he's working his ass off to the very last minute to make sure older Republicans aren't dying of COVID. had he done stuff like Red Carpets and 21 Gun Salutes for himself that would have been spitting in the faces of Republicans who are at risk.

what really impresses me about Trump is he's working his ass off to the very last minute to make sure older Republicans aren't dying of COVID. had he done stuff like Red Carpets and 21 Gun Salutes for himself that would have been spitting in the faces of Republicans who are at risk.
If all of Congress suddenly contracted covid and died tomorrow, I would not be sad. Unfortunately, the power-elite aren't going anywhere because covid is a non-issue.

Well the minute Biden gets inaugurated, the deaths will stop anyway. It was all a hoax for the Dems to ruin Trump's economy and take the white house.

Well the minute Biden gets inaugurated, the deaths will stop anyway. It was all a hoax for the Dems to ruin Trump's economy and take the white house.
it was just a fake to up the profit of mask companies.

it was just a fake to up the profit of mask companies.
Actually its the Chinese who own most of the stock in the mask companies. Hillary orchestrated the whole deal as Secretary of State as a pay off for campaign contributions.

It could be more or less obviously, but if we keep averaging what we've averaged so far (even with a ton of people, but not all, being safe) it should be somewhere in that range. And what's a bit concerning is we're now doing more things together with November, December, January and February to go.

350K I will up that by 400K or maybe 500K! For what’s in a number? It certainly isn’t science. It’s true people are dying some die from the very vaccine that was suppose to save lives. The name of the game is Who Do You Trust!

Now that we're over the year mark I just wanted to say again that my OP was off.

Back
Top Bottom