• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arnold Schwarzenegger invokes his Nazi father in emotional message to Russia

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Arnold Schwarzenegger released an emotional video Thursday addressed to the people of Russia.

The 74-year-old actor and former California governor largely focused on stating the basic facts of Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, complete with subtitles, in an attempt to punch through Russian state propaganda.

Exactly my thoughts.

😢

More presidential than Biden.

I disagreed with Schwarzenegger during his time as CA Governor (he supported the death penalty) - but he seems to have come around lately by going green and by vigorously opposing Trump(ism) and Hitler-Putin.

Very good presentation. Hope it gets through to some in Russia.

He condemned the US mob attack that threatened people on Capitol Hill but never condemned the mob attack on the democratically elected government of Yanuvovych that actually over threw the government and led to 7 years of vicious civil war in Ukriane itself.

He played the Zelensky jew card so as to try to hide from his audience the influence of the neo Nazis in Ukrainian affairs. Recall when Zelensky tried to float the idea of a vote in the Donbas the right wing marched on his offices and let him know that this wasn't going to happen.

Nothing too about eastward NATO expansion being a real dange/threat to the Russian people themselves.

I'm sure there might have been I picked up on in what was a propaganda piece itself.

So while I support all efforts to bring this war to an end, rejecting only the hawks for obvious reasons I have already stated , I wish it could have been a tad more honest. That said, if it was it wouldn't have been so obviously western propaganda.

I'm sure this won't be the last of these types of influencer addresses to push the western narrative that leaves its role out of the commentary altogether

Did that RINO just compare the Jan 6 FBI led civil disobedient trespassing protest to the Russian civil war?

He hasn't done anything good for my country since Conan the Barbarian

Arnold Schwarzenegger released an emotional video Thursday addressed to the people of Russia.

The 74-year-old actor and former California governor largely focused on stating the basic facts of Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, complete with subtitles, in an attempt to punch through Russian state propaganda.

Exactly my thoughts.

😢

A beautiful statement. I hope many people in Russia hear it

He condemned the US mob attack that threatened people on Capitol Hill but never condemned the mob attack on the democratically elected government of Yanuvovych that actually over threw the government and led to 7 years of vicious civil war in Ukriane itself.

He played the Zelensky jew card so as to try to hide from his audience the influence of the neo Nazis in Ukrainian affairs. Recall when Zelensky tried to float the idea of a vote in the Donbas the right wing marched on his offices and let him know that this wasn't going to happen.

Nothing too about eastward NATO expansion being a real dange/threat to the Russian people themselves.

I'm sure there might have been I picked up on in what was a propaganda piece itself.

So while I support all efforts to bring this war to an end, rejecting only the hawks for obvious reasons I have already stated , I wish it could have been a tad more honest. That said, if it was it wouldn't have been so obviously western propaganda.

I'm sure this won't be the last of these types of influencer addresses to push the western narrative that leaves its role out of the commentary altogether

Wow. Are you ever wrong. About everything.

And hateful.

Powerfully executed. He appealed to history, he personalized it, he compared the propaganda Russians are facing now about this war to the propaganda the Trump administration continues to spew. Hopefully the signal reaches far and wide.

I agree with you -- Arnold himself is too far removed from the events leading up to this war, to properly understand what's been going on.

US-sponsored coup in Ukraine in 2014, and the incorporation of radical elements into Ukraine's military, as well as indiscriminate killing of civilians in Donbass.

Ukraine has become a cauldron for a tug-of-war between rival powers.

Neo-Con Deep Staters like Victoria Nuland, who helped to bring about the illegal invasion of Iraq, have snuck between Republican and Democrat administrations, continually pushing their own agendas for destabilization, including supporting regime change in Ukraine that was only going to build up political pressures in Russia.

I think Nuland and others have likely done this because of the strong backlash against them from European officials over their Iraq invasion. They realized they can't re-shape the Middle East unless they can first bring the Europeans to heel. And the way to do this is through the strength of NATO and revival of Cold War animosities in Europe. This will have unintentional consequences for Asia, where the US had been trying to pivot to in order to contain the power of rising China. Ironically, China's rise was abetted by Cold Warriors like Nixon & Kissinger who made overtures to it in order to contain the Soviet Union through new pressure on its eastern border.

I don't think Ah-nold sees any of this, or has the foreign policy understanding to do so. Likewise, I don't think a lot of the US Congress have the background to see it either.

There will be consequences -- just as there were consequences for the United States from its support of jihadists in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Wow. Are you ever wrong. About everything.

And hateful.

But you just refused to show how and why

I suppose everyone is just happier swallowing western propaganda, who knew?

I agree with you -- Arnold himself is too far removed from the events leading up to this war, to properly understand what's been going on.

US-sponsored coup in Ukraine in 2014, and the incorporation of radical elements into Ukraine's military, as well as indiscriminate killing of civilians in Donbass.

Ukraine has become a cauldron for a tug-of-war between rival powers.

Neo-Con Deep Staters like Victoria Nuland, who helped to bring about the illegal invasion of Iraq, have snuck between Republican and Democrat administrations, continually pushing their own agendas for destabilization, including supporting regime change in Ukraine that was only going to build up political pressures in Russia.

I think Nuland and others have likely done this because of the strong backlash against them from European officials over their Iraq invasion. They realized they can't re-shape the Middle East unless they can first bring the Europeans to heel. And the way to do this is through the strength of NATO and revival of Cold War animosities in Europe. This will have unintentional consequences for Asia, where the US had been trying to pivot to in order to contain the power of rising China. Ironically, China's rise was abetted by Cold Warriors like Nixon & Kissinger who made overtures to it in order to contain the Soviet Union through new pressure on its eastern border.

I don't think Ah-nold sees any of this, or has the foreign policy understanding to do so. Likewise, I don't think a lot of the US Congress have the background to see it either.

There will be consequences -- just as there were consequences for the United States from its support of jihadists in Afghanistan.

If people cannot realize that the USA administrations don't care about any peoples they claim to care about by now there really is no hope.

Gorbachev is just repeating what William Burns, the current CIA head, stated in 2008. What George Kennan stated in 1997. Everyone understands it except for the people here who don't even make cogent arguments to back up their rejectionism of it

If people cannot realize that the USA administrations don't care about any peoples they claim to care about by now there really is no hope.

Gorbachev is just repeating what William Burns, the current CIA head, stated in 2008. What George Kennan stated in 1997. Everyone understands it except for the people here who don't even make cogent arguments to back up their rejectionism of it

This external tug-of-war is only worsening the conflict between the different people living inside Ukraine

But you just refused to show how and why

I suppose everyone is just happier swallowing western propaganda, who knew?

You’re so sure that it’s not you swallowing the propaganda? Fascinating to see people get sucked in real time.

You’re so sure that it’s not you swallowing the propaganda? Fascinating to see people get sucked in real time.

I listen to both sides and avoid the MSM, it always helps to do that.

I don't see you commenting much so the jury is still out on what you have swallowed or not

This external tug-of-war is only worsening the conflict between the different people living inside Ukraine

I agree with you. Instead of NATO disbanding after the ending of the USSR , like the Warsaw Pact disbanded, it has become the preferred force to accompany US hegemonic foreign policy. The people of Ukraine have been and continue to be used as pawns in the poking of the bear. Sickening that this isn't understood at all by most people here

I listen to both sides and avoid the MSM, it always helps to do that.

I don't see you commenting much so the jury is still out on what you have swallowed or not

What is your opinion of Putin?

Authoritarian and criminal, what's yours?

What's your opinion on Tony Blair?

War criminal who we were able to push out. He didn’t shoot dead his opponents, imprison them or even rewrite the constitution in order to maintain complete control.

You’re on the wrong side pal.

Exactly my thoughts.

😢

I don't even care that he'd vote in opposition to some policy changes I'd be in favor of, I don't care that he is a conservative, I don't even care that he's not a natural born citizen.
If Arnold ran for POTUS, as a Democrat, I might be persuaded to vote for him. He's a good and decent man, with the heart of an American, even if he's a transplant.

I agree with you. Instead of NATO disbanding after the ending of the USSR , like the Warsaw Pact disbanded, it has become the preferred force to accompany US hegemonic foreign policy. The people of Ukraine have been and continue to be used as pawns in the poking of the bear. Sickening that this isn't understood at all by most people here

I remember back in the day, there were debates about having NATO disbanded and replaced with OSCE (Organization for Security & Cooperation in Europe), because that organization was not about military confrontation like the Cold War, but rather about bringing everyone together to solve problems, and it would include Russia as a member along with the United States, so that everyone would work together to keep Europe stable, cooperative and prosperous, for the good of all.

But hardline Cold Warriors didn't like that idea, because then it would reduce their power, and so things went along the path of inertia and complacency, allowing NATO to continue instead.

Now we all get to die in WW3! Yay!

War criminal who we were able to push out. He didn’t shoot dead his opponents, imprison them or even rewrite the constitution in order to maintain complete control.

You’re on the wrong side pal.

We agree on Blair then too.

Why am I " on the wrong side" exactly ?

I remember back in the day, there were debates about having NATO disbanded and replaced with OSCE (Organization for Security & Cooperation in Europe), because that organization was not about military confrontation like the Cold War, but rather about bringing everyone together to solve problems, and it would include Russia as a member along with the United States, so that everyone would work together to keep Europe stable, cooperative and prosperous, for the good of all.

But hardline Cold Warriors didn't like that idea, because then it would reduce their power, and so things went along the path of inertia and complacency, allowing NATO to continue instead.

Now we all get to die in WW3! Yay!

Not to be discounted too was the opportunity to western corporations, tech arms etc, the fall of the USSR provided. In my view always follow the money. How much do you think Western corporations/companies have made off the back of NATO expansion eastwards?

Exactly my thoughts.

😢

I hope that can get through to the people. It was well done.

Back
Top Bottom