• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army to buy 600,000 AK-47 30 round magazines

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not typically standard issue.

1. 592,825 (approx) AK Rifle Magazines: 7.62x39mm Caliber, New Production, Steel, 30 Round Capacity

Please note that only contractors that have received previously established Basic Ordering Agreements (BOAs) under W15QKN-12-X-C003 will be issued a solicitation. If you believe you are capable of supplying the abovementioned Non-Standard Weapons (NSW), please respond to the Government's open and continuous sources sought notice, W15QKN-12-X-C003 and follow the detailed instructions. Responses to the sources sought notice will be assessed to determine the contractor's capabilities, and if determined capable, the contractor will be awarded a BOA.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...1d5cc5a2de1c00cdc5b4836dde5&tab=core&_cview=0

I'll guess they're going to the Free Syrian Army.

well there goes mag prices and availability...

I hadn't heard that.

Oh yeah, they are our ally now. We're working with them, training and arms, to overthrow another government we don't like. Favorite US foreign policy pastime.

The al Qaida infested FSA?

Al Quaida doesn't operate with the FSA. They operate with the Al Nusar Front.

In fact there has been fighting between the FSA and the Al Nusar Front.

1. 592,825 (approx) AK Rifle Magazines: 7.62x39mm Caliber, New Production, Steel, 30 Round Capacity

Please note that only contractors that have received previously established Basic Ordering Agreements (BOAs) under W15QKN-12-X-C003 will be issued a solicitation. If you believe you are capable of supplying the abovementioned Non-Standard Weapons (NSW), please respond to the Government's open and continuous sources sought notice, W15QKN-12-X-C003 and follow the detailed instructions. Responses to the sources sought notice will be assessed to determine the contractor's capabilities, and if determined capable, the contractor will be awarded a BOA.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...1d5cc5a2de1c00cdc5b4836dde5&tab=core&_cview=0

Didn't we do something similar for the Iraqi Army?

Yes, yes we did:

Weapons Given to Iraq Are Missing

Al Quaida doesn't operate with the FSA. They operate with the Al Nusar Front.

In fact there has been fighting between the FSA and the Al Nusar Front.

Sure, like all criminal elements there's infighting but they both have the same goal, (the US's goal as well). Topple the Assad government. Their infighting probably has to do with who's going to be in charge if, and when Assad falls.

The al Qaida infested FSA?

The FSA is a misnomer. There are dozens of groups operating in theory against the Assad Regime at the same time fighting each other. Part of the reason why Europe and the US have taken so long is because we cannot ensure that weapons go to groups we do not like. Qatar doesn't give a crap about arming Islamic Crazies if it serves their purpose and that is why they were loose on their weapons and gave early on. There is no central control over these groups. There isn't as much an "army" as a loosely connected group of militants all fighting initially against Assad. They are already turning on each other. So it's not accurate at all to say that the FSA is infested with al Qaida because there isn't in reality a definable FSA.

Their infighting probably has to do with who's going to be in charge if, and when Assad falls.

Yeah, because the Al Nusar Front wants to establish an Islamist State while the FSA wants a secular group.

There's been assassinations, infighting. Of course, at this rate the Assad government won't be toppled.

Yeah, because the Al Nusar Front wants to establish an Islamist State while the FSA wants a secular group.

There's been assassinations, infighting. Of course, at this rate the Assad government won't be toppled.

Yeah, Hopefully the Assad government won't fall.

Al Nusrah Front claims joint operations, including a suicide assault, with Syrian rebel groups
By BILL ROGGIOJune 29, 2013

The Al Nusrah Front for the People of the Levant, al Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, claimed it launched two suicide assaults and other attacks with Syrian rebel groups, including an Islamist unit and two Free Syrian Army brigades.

The Al Nusrah Front made the claims in a series of statements released on June 27 by its official media outlet, the Al-Manara Al-Baydha' Foundation. The statements were obtained and translated by the SITE Intelligence Group.

The attacks were carried out in conjunction with the Nasser Salahuddin Brigade, an Islamist group from the Syrian Islamic Liberation Front, and the Dera' al Assima, Liwa al Habib al Mustafa, and Liwa' al-Tawhid, three Free Syrian Army brigades that operate in Damascus.

Read more: Al Nusrah Front claims joint operations, including a suicide assault, with Syrian rebel groups - The Long War Journal

Al Nusrah Front claims joint operations, including a suicide assault, with Syrian rebel groups

You ever heard the saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Well yeah, that's what I was saying earlier. That's why our one time enemy, responsible for the death of 5,000 US service men is now our friend receiving training and arms.

Damn ! I can't open the link.

Did they already award the contract and scrubed it from the internet ?

I could have used some pocket change.

I just clicked on it and it opened right up again, don't know what to tell ya bud.

Well yeah, that's what I was saying earlier. That's why our one time enemy, responsible for the death of 5,000 US service men is now our friend receiving training and arms.

I don't see any reliable evidence to back a claim that the U.S. is arming al-Qaeda-affiliated rebel groups such as "The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria." If you have any, I'd like to see it. (No Daily Worker-type sources, please.)

So it's not accurate at all to say that the FSA is infested with al Qaida because there isn't in reality a definable FSA.

I imagine that as the training and weapons start flowing from us that will change to a major degree. Nonetheless, I'd rather see the money spent on paving our local highways. We spent billions of dollars and thousands of lives kicking al-Qaeda in Iraq in the nuts in the Sunni Triangle, and now they're coming back like ants because the Shiite-led government in Baghdad has been pissing on Sunnis ever since it kicked us out at the end of 2011. But now that Sunnis are blowing up Shiites on a daily basis these Iranian puppets want us to send them aid, using the al-Qaeda boogeyman as their leverage. Sometimes there's a part of me that wishes all of these people would either renounce religion before we give them a dime or drink purple Kool-Aid laced with cyanide so the rest of us can get on with the tasks of daily living, like not having our cars hit potholes at 65 mph.

Iraq Violence: Baghdad Asks For US Help

I imagine that as the training and weapons start flowing from us that will change to a major degree.

Maybe. What they needs is heavy weapons and anti-air. We don't look like we're going to provide those.

Nonetheless, I'd rather see the money spent on paving our local highways. We spent billions of dollars and thousands of lives kicking al-Qaeda in Iraq in the nuts in the Sunni Triangle, and now they're coming back like ants because the Shiite-led government in Baghdad has been pissing on Sunnis ever since it kicked us out at the end of 2011.

I don't know if that is the reason. Many flocked to Libya first. A lot are in Yemen. Well, the agreement on status of forces wasn't going to happen with Iraq. Obama wouldn't subject American soldiers to Iraqi law and Iraqis weren't going to let us stay unless they got apply their judicial system. There was never going to be a zone of possible agreement there.

Sometimes there's a part of me that wishes all of these people would either renounce religion before we give them a dime or drink purple Kool-Aid laced with cyanide so the rest of us can get on with the tasks of daily living, like not having our cars hit potholes at 65 mph.

I'm never going to understand why they care so much about their sects. But then again, the same thing is starting to appear in Israel.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062200853 said:
Ever heard of Osama Bin Laden?

I have, Barack Obama said he killed him and that Al Qaeda was on the run and was being decimated.:lamo

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062200853 said:
Ever heard of Osama Bin Laden?

Yeah, wasn't he that one talk show guy or something?

But you bring up a good point, and that's why I have this idea.

Now, mind you it's still in the development stages, so it's not complete yet, but I think it's solid enough.

Ya ready?

Let's not give guns Al Nusar Front.

There. Now I know you're probably blown away, so I'll let you gather your thoughts.

Take your time.

So what?

The USA buys all kinds of ammunition and explosives all the time.

If you have a problem with that you need to figure out how to get the USA out of the war business.

I wish you lots of luck, you'll need it.

Last edited:
The FSA is a misnomer. There are dozens of groups operating in theory against the Assad Regime at the same time fighting each other. Part of the reason why Europe and the US have taken so long is because we cannot ensure that weapons go to groups we do not like. Qatar doesn't give a crap about arming Islamic Crazies if it serves their purpose and that is why they were loose on their weapons and gave early on. There is no central control over these groups. There isn't as much an "army" as a loosely connected group of militants all fighting initially against Assad. They are already turning on each other. So it's not accurate at all to say that the FSA is infested with al Qaida because there isn't in reality a definable FSA.

No. This has been going on for 2 1/2 years. John McCain was ready to jump in day one. The reason why "Europe and the US has taken so long" is because Europe and the US tricked China and Russia in Libya and they both vowed not to let that happen in Syria. So, they have blocked every attempt at the UN for authorisation of military force in Syria. Anyway, call the rebels, insurgents, freedom fighters whatever you will, they are infested with al Qaida and because of Chinese and Russian blockade to openly arm them, the US has been doing it covertly. This is what led to the Benghazi fiasco. Arms were being trafficked out of the Benghazi annex through Turkey to Syria. And yes there has been law markers concerned about them ending up in the hands of al Qaida but A its too late and B the long standing (early Bush era, axis of evil and all that ****) US foreign policy on Syria trumped all sanity with regards to al Qaida and now our one time enemy, who killed 5,000 US servicemen/women is our ally. Working together to overthrow yet another government we don't like!

So what?

The USA buys all kinds of ammunition and explosives all the time.

If you have a problem with that you need to figure out how to get the USA out of the war business.

I wish you lots of luck, you'll need it.

Thanks for the luck. Ill need it. I would love very much to get the US out of the war business!

Back
Top Bottom