• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army to Begin Forcing Out Soldiers Who Refuse COVID Vaccine, Including Guardsmen

I was never asked to take an injection of a quasi-effective, experimental drug, whose effectiveness fades in six months or so, and which the short and long term dangers to my health had not yet been determined. Nor, as far as I know have any of my shipmates died of the diseases were were vaccinated against.

Neither are those serving today.

So, you get a COVID vaccination - you're in the clear, right? No masks, no separation, no concerns about catching the virus, correct? You can't carry and infect anyone with the virus, right? Hard to explain why in some places 60-80% of serious cases and deaths are vaccinated. I don't recall that happening with any of my Navy vaccinations.
Sure, that's all true. Good thing you're retired and aren't in a position to influence any young, lower enlisted squids anymore.

Assuming there are replacements to be had. It takes over a year to training a fighter pilot or an electronics technician responsible for maintaining complex weapon and communications equipment. And it can take over two years to qualify to operate and maintenance a nuclear propulsion system. And a FNG isn't going to have the experience and skills of that E-9 walking out the gate.

An E-1 isn't supposed t do an E-9 job. That is stupid.

In the military I served in if that E-9 wasn't training his E-8s and E-7s below him as his replacements he wasn't doing his job therefore he was replaceable.

So, you get a COVID vaccination - you're in the clear, right? No masks, no separation, no concerns about catching the virus, correct? You can't carry and infect anyone with the virus, right? Hard to explain why in some places 60-80% of serious cases and deaths are vaccinated. I don't recall that happening with any of my Navy vaccinations.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Citation?

My desktop was corrupted by a hacker who made these posts in my username, and who also changed some of my personal information in my profile.

I have made the corrections, changed my password and upgraded my antivirus systems to better prevent any such hacker recurrences.

I apologize for the inconvenience of a hacker penetrating my desktop and falsely making posts in my name. I am guarding against it specifically now.
:ROFLMAO:

An E-1 isn't supposed t do an E-9 job. That is stupid.

In the military I served in if that E-9 wasn't training his E-8s and E-7s below him as his replacements he wasn't doing his job therefore he was replaceable.
Yep, I was a Master Sergeant (E-8) when I retired. In a corresponding move, a Sergeant First Class was selected for promotion during the next promotion board. And then life went on in the military, just like it has for over 200 years.

Yep, I was a Master Sergeant (E-8) when I retired. In a corresponding move, a Sergeant First Class was selected for promotion during the next promotion board. And then life went on in the military, just like it has for over 200 years.

I was E-7 when I retired. There was zero issue when I retired as my E-6s and E-5s were well versed in what needed to be done in my billet. Only the name on the door changed.

I was E-7 when I retired. There was zero issue when I retired as my E-6s and E-5s were well versed in what needed to be done in my billet. Only the name on the door changed.
One of my former subordinate Battalion Career Counselors, who was a Staff Sergeant at the time, is now the Post Command Career Counselor Sergeant Major at Ft Bliss in El Paso. You have to train and prepare your subordinates and the military will be just fine.

One of my former subordinate Battalion Career Counselors, who was a Staff Sergeant at the time, is now the Post Command Career Counselor Sergeant Major at Ft Bliss in El Paso. You have to train and prepare your subordinates and the military will be just fine.

I lived by the motto:

"My job is done if no one notices I departed"

When one questioned why they were getting the training I simply answered 'What if I get run over by a bus tomorrow?'

Not sure why this is a surprise.
If you went and enlisted today you would be required to take 17 different vaccinations, currently not including covid vaccine, before you would be allowed to become a member of the US armed forces.
Adding the covid vaccine to the list makes perfect sense.

The current COVID vaccines are tested thoroughly and actually work.

WTF are you talking about?
They "actually work"? Why are case numbers going back up? why do we need continual "boosters" Why are places like England and Israel reporting large percentages of cases are previously vaccinated?

All 3 American Covid vaccine's and their respective boosters are fully authorized by the FDA. That's as good as it gets for any vaccine. A total of 1.1 million troops are already fully vaccinated against the Covid virus. The Covid vaccination order by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is a lawful order. Commanders will initiate mandatory separation of soldiers who refuse the vaccine the Army warned. It's as simple as that.

Something a lot of people aren't realizing:

We almost got defeated in World War One, or shall we say, there was a period where that was a distinct possibility.
Reason being, so many of our soldiers got infected with the "Spanish flu" (which some scientists think might have been a form of SARS)
that our military's effectiveness was threatened.

The military flat out CANNOT AFFORD to have 25% of its troops sidelined or even killed by COVID.
Not during wartime, not during peacetime. They cannot afford the risks and they cannot afford to stretch resources and manpower
thin due to thousands of troops falling ill and possibly dying.

There's no way the military wasn't going to clamp down on this.

They "actually work"? Why are case numbers going back up? why do we need continual "boosters" Why are places like England and Israel reporting large percentages of cases are previously vaccinated?

Who are the one's dying of COVID? 90%+ are the unvaccinated.

And boosters are for the same reason we have always used boosters.

Or did your 22 years result in only one injection for each disease.

I was never asked to take an injection of a quasi-effective, experimental drug, whose effectiveness fades in six months or so, and which the short and long term dangers to my health had not yet been determined. Nor, as far as I know have any of my shipmates died of the diseases were were vaccinated against.
So you've never taken any of these vaccines, which all require booster?

Nice "pie-in-the-sky" words.
What's pie in the sky about them? If you aren't willing to do your job, then get the **** out.

With zero other rules and regulations do the troops get to say "I know better, I'm gonna flout the rules, and if you kick me out you're just hurting yourself so I'm gonna die on this hill." And getting vaccinated against a pandemic that has killed 700 thousand fellow Americans is far from the dumbest thing the military makes any of us do.

So what makes this situation so goddamn special, other than that the right wing has turned this entirely political?

Jesus ****ing Christ. Are you of the generation that is incapable of basic logical argumentation and also refuses to Google?

My desktop was corrupted by a hacker who made these posts in my username, and who also changed some of my personal information in my profile.

I have made the corrections, changed my password and upgraded my antivirus systems to better prevent any such hacker recurrences.

I apologize for the inconvenience of a hacker penetrating my desktop and falsely making posts in my name. I am guarding against it specifically now.
The hacker posts were an improvement………..just sayin’…..

Jesus ****ing Christ. Are you of the generation that is incapable of basic logical argumentation and also refuses to Google?
Ironic you question MY debating ability by spewing a flood of bullshit insults. I'm guessing it's because you have nothing.

This is good. It means those who are pro-insurrection will likely be out of the military by 2024

Well earned insults.

Your post was crap.
It challenged your child-like devotion to the gospel of "vaccine, vaccine, vaccine", nothing more.

Yes, I spent 22 years in the Navy and I received several vaccinations with vaccines that had been tested thoroughly and actually worked.

I’m just curious, does the Navy allow individual sailors to each “research” themselves and decide the science? When I served, we sure as hell didn’t let each soldier decide which orders they would follow.

I’m just curious, does the Navy allow individual sailors to each “research” themselves and decide the science? When I served, we sure as hell didn’t let each soldier decide which orders they would follow.
My Navy wife thanks you!

Back
Top Bottom