• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army sergeant who gave life to save Afghan child being flown home for burial(edited)

MarineTpartier

Haters gon' hate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm not really looking for debate on this as much as I want to make an effort to educate people. Sure, the military has screwed up in Afghanistan. We've pissed on bodies, burnt books, and one man has even committed pre-meditated mass murder. But we're not always bad. For every one of those stories you hear, much more like this happen. Its not a matter of foreign relations or "winning hearts and minds". Its about caring for your fellow human being, regardless of nationality, race, sex, etc. This man should be glorified for the hero he is. When I read about fellow brothers doing things like this, I tear up everytime. I don't care what anyone says, this generation of service member is the "greatest generation".
Army Sergeant Who Gave Life To Save Afghan Child Being Flown Home For Burial | Fox News

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: This should be getting the attention

I'm not really looking for debate on this as much as I want to make an effort to educate people. Sure, the military has screwed up in Afghanistan. We've pissed on bodies, burnt books, and one man has even committed pre-meditated mass murder. But we're not always bad. For every one of those stories you hear, much more like this happen. Its not a matter of foreign relations or "winning hearts and minds". Its about caring for your fellow human being, regardless of nationality, race, sex, etc. This man should be glorified for the hero he is. When I read about fellow brothers doing things like this, I tear up everytime. I don't care what anyone says, this generation of service member is the "greatest generation".
Army Sergeant Who Gave Life To Save Afghan Child Being Flown Home For Burial | Fox News

the news doesn't cover anything good we do over there,instead they prefer bad news,because bad news sells.according to a chart i saw we have less than 2000 casualties in over a decade of war there,by any actual standard thats impressive,considering if we had run this long in any other major war casualties would be immense.

iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan
iCasualties | Operation Iraqi Freedom | Iraq

if you compare them afghanistan has less than half the deaths after running a few more years than iraq.we have also built infrastucture and ruck marched through the most rugged terrain imaginable.but once again the media gets no benefit from posting good news,instead of posting what good happens,they will weeks recycling pictures of marines urinating on bodies or one guy who went crazy.

He is a hero but no one cares, especially not the muslims.

His children will now have to go forth without a father to protect, care and love them. It would have better if he had just let that little muslim girl die and said it was Allah's will.

Yes, I am bitter.

May God look after and bless his family.

Surely you have a link to support such bull****.

His children will now have to go forth without a father to protect, care and love them. It would have better if he had just let that little muslim girl die and said it was Allah's will.

Yes, I am bitter.

May God look after and bless his family.

Doesn't matter what people over there think. He didn't do it for them. He did it for love.
He's a hero and his family should always remember and honor him so.

My father, an uncle and both grandfathers were in the Army and two of my Uncles and a cousin were in the Marines. All of those men have/had some of the most admirable character I've ever seen and part of it has something to do with being in the military. There's a certain honor and set of ethics each of them has/had that lets you know you're dealing with a special kind of person.

Stories like these don't get the biggest headlines even though they ought to. It's kind of like how the people with the most important jobs get the lowest amount of pay and movie starts get hundreds of millions In any case, the media focuses on the violence for the most part just like the evening news focuses more on the shootings of the day than on the good deeds of the day. Good behavior just isn't entertaining. Though I wonder how different our society would be if these kinds of stories were the ones we sat around talking about all the time instead of the other ones.

Surely you have a link to support such bull****.

Does he really need one? That's like asking for a link to prove the sky is blue.

Does he really need one? That's like asking for a link to prove the sky is blue.

And just like that you undermine the wonderful thread you started. :(

And just like that you undermine the wonderful thread you started. :(

Agreed. Thank you for setting me and the thread back on topic. Please, everyone stay on the topic. Myself included.

Agreed. Thank you for setting me and the thread back on topic. Please, everyone stay on the topic. Myself included.

You are thinking that you are a hero, This is you are imagination don't think very tooo

You are thinking that you are a hero, This is you are imagination don't think very tooo

Hey bro, we speak English here on Debate Politics. Put together a coherent post and maybe I'll respond.

Back
Top Bottom