• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army-Navy 2018

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A few days to go; don’t seem to be many fans of either Army or Navy here. Only a couple of opportunities for smack talk.......GO ARMY-BEAT NAVY!

View attachment 67245510

A few days to go; don’t seem to be many fans of either Army or Navy here. Only a couple of opportunities for smack talk.......GO ARMY-BEAT NAVY!

View attachment 67245510

The army/navy game when I was a child right through Staubach's 1963 year was always one of the top watched games in the nation
from say 1949 to 1963 as one of the teams were nearly always in the top 10 nationwide. The game lost it's luster & significance for
two reasons. 1) After the NY Giants/Baltimore game bought the NFL into the spotlight, gradually the blue chip athletes that Red Blaik
was able to bring to Army early on were not interested in 4 years of service, instead they granted to the NFL right away. 2) The Viet Nam
War & it's unpopularity made it not as prestigious to were the uniform from say 1965 on.

The first game I remember watching on TV was the 49 game when Galiffa lead Army to a 9-0 record finishing the season
rank #3 in the country beating Navy 38-0. He becaime my favorite player & was 4th in the Heisman voting, I think I was
in first grade.

Army had Dawkins as the Heisman winner later & Navy shortly afterwards had two Heisman winners Bellino & Staubach.
Then the cupboard went bare! Never a top ten final ranking for either team since Navy's #2 ranking in Staubach's
Heisman year. Thus the lack of interest!

Back
Top Bottom