• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed Wisconsin agents bust into animal shelter to kill baby dear

They should have clear stated reason for doing it, that animal didnt seem to be hurting anyone.

They sent 13 armed officers to kill two fawns. Total cost likely $2000+.

I wonder how many officers they send if a woman calls 911 that someone is breaking into her home?

I wonder how many officers they send when a parent phones that one of their children is missing?

Being employed as an officer with the Florida in regards to wildlife, I can state that their conduct was absolutely over-the-top in the most extreme way,, plus clearly the Wisconsin DNR officers are a bunch of gutless little cowards to have to bring along four deputies in addition to NINE armed DNR officers. Hell, I'm lucky if I can get another officer to come along to check out report of a group of poachers armed with AR15s, 700 magnums and shotguns out in the woodland swamps. Those DNR officers deserve the COWARD OF THE YEAR award, not just replacing their "DNR" badge when one that says "Asshole."

Alot of people in Wisconsin don't like deer for all the highway accidents with them and some done because the deer eat their corn for their dairy cows.

It appears law enforcement has increasingly just gone over the edge, has gone authoritative-thugs crazy and kill crazy. There is another group of people that will hate law enforcement officers - forever.

And tomorrow they'll arrest someone, seize their rifle and vehicle, fine that person a couple thousand dollars - because that person shot a deer without a tag or out of season.

Here's what they should have done learning some religious animal shelter has a couple of fawns. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Oh, and because of what I do for my employment, I can tell you EXACTLY why so many went there. It is because they are a bunch of lazy-asses who look for ANY excuse to not get out in the woods, actually have to do some physical activity, and be among mesquitos DOING THEIR JOB. They fantasize of the slightest rumor of someone keeping a pet squirrel at a donut shop - which certainly would take another baker's dozen of them to search and investigate for at least half a day.

They sent 13 armed officers to kill two fawns. Total cost likely $2000+.

I wonder how many officers they send if a woman calls 911 that someone is breaking into her home?

I wonder how many officers they send when a parent phones that one of their children is missing?

Being employed as an officer with the Florida in regards to wildlife, I can state that their conduct was absolutely over-the-top in the most extreme way,, plus clearly the Wisconsin DNR officers are a bunch of gutless little cowards to have to bring along four deputies in addition to NINE armed DNR officers. Hell, I'm lucky if I can get another officer to come along to check out report of a group of poachers armed with AR15s, 700 magnums and shotguns out in the woodland swamps. Those DNR officers deserve the COWARD OF THE YEAR award, not just replacing their "DNR" badge when one that says "Asshole."

Alot of people in Wisconsin don't like deer for all the highway accidents with them and some done because the deer eat their corn for their dairy cows.

It appears law enforcement has increasingly just gone over the edge, has gone authoritative-thugs crazy and kill crazy. There is another group of people that will hate law enforcement officers - forever.

And tomorrow they'll arrest someone, seize their rifle and vehicle, fine that person a couple thousand dollars - because that person shot a deer without a tag or out of season.

Here's what they should have done learning some religious animal shelter has a couple of fawns. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.
This is the reason I posted this story... to provide another example of the absurd over-reach and militarization mentality of law enforcement. It's becoming a serious problem.

This is the reason I posted this story... to provide another example of the absurd over-reach and militarization mentality of law enforcement. It's becoming a serious problem.

Yes, a very serious problem.

I have never heard of deer being a hazard to human health. I call BS.

It is remotely possible for a any animal to carry some illness or other. Also the "policy" doesn't just call for killing of deer, it most likely covers all illegally sheltered "wild" animals. It's a Government Blanket Policy that no one can be held responsible for making but has to be followed anyway or jobs can ruined over. (ie convenient excuse that *ahem* kills arguments)

Step 1. People think of problem
2. People think of blanket solution
3 Lawmakers give group of people power to enforce blanket solution.
4. People complain of group in power that enforces blanket solution when they they....
a. don't follow it strictly
b. do follow it strictly
c. fail to solve problem that was first found
5. The Group grows when people find new problem and only people voting on old problem are the ones who's Job is now connected with the old problem still being there.

It is remotely possible for a any animal to carry some illness or other. Also the "policy" doesn't just call for killing of deer, it most likely covers all illegally sheltered "wild" animals. It's a Government Blanket Policy that no one can be held responsible for making but has to be followed anyway or jobs can ruined over. (ie convenient excuse that *ahem* kills arguments)

4. People complain of group in power that enforces blanket solution when they they....
b. do follow it strictly
5. The Group grows when people find new problem and only people voting on old problem are the ones who's Job is now connected with the old problem still being there.
Good post. Yep, nobody has to answer for it, it's "just policy". Yet, if challenged, those in charge can't even really articulately justify it.

And yes, there is a remote possibly the animal could be carrying disease, but the blanket policy is overkill (no pun intended).

b. do follow it strictly
Yea, the we dont understand it. So we just kill it.
How a people treat its animals they have dominion over says alot about those people.

I have never heard of deer being a hazard to human health. I call BS.

Umm, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, equine encephalitis, hepatitis E, possibly chronic wasting disease (jury's still out on that one), sarcocystus, gongylonema pulchrum, leptrospirosis, vehicle collisions and deer attacks, to name a few. Granted, some are so rare as to be a negligible risk but they nonetheless are possible.

Umm, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, equine encephalitis, hepatitis E, possibly chronic wasting disease (jury's still out on that one), sarcocystus, gongylonema pulchrum, leptrospirosis, vehicle collisions and deer attacks, to name a few. Granted, some are so rare as to be a negligible risk but they nonetheless are possible.

That doesn't really explain what they did, though, does it?

That doesn't really explain what they did, though, does it?

No, it was just in reply to CC's post about never having heard of deer hazards to human health.

I agree that sending 13 well-armed law enforcers to raid a religiously sponsored shelter and seize a fawn is way over the top. Such a massive show of force is symptomatic of the devolution of "protect and serve" into "us-vs-them, shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later." I can understand that becoming cynical may be a hazard of a LEO's job, but it seems that more and more they think a badge and a gun puts them above the law.

And they did a lousy job of explaining (or rather, not explaining) the policy. Killing a cute baby animal tugs at most everybody's heart strings. But let's examine it rationally, starting with the IL family that brought the fawn to the shelter. Were they certain it was abandoned? Does frequently leave their young to go out foraging. Usually the fawn hides but sometimes they will approach humans, out of curiosity or whatever. That doesn't mean the mother won't return so it's best just to leave the fawn alone. Whatever, they did bring it to the shelter, which planned to send it to a wildlife preserve. Would they take the time and trouble to hand-raise it? Because it likely wouldn't survive on its own, maybe not in any case. If it did, who knows whether it could be successfully reintroduced into the wild? Euthanasia may have been the most humane thing in this case. That's why many states have laws prohibiting possession of wild animals - they don't make good pets.

And come on - it was a deer, not an endangered panda or some such. Around here, we're up to our asses in 'em. We enjoy watching the adults grazing in our backyard while the fawns splash around in our pond. But they do pose the hazards I posted above and they do harm crops. I'm not saying they should be exterminated but I don't get upset when one is killed - after all, they're mighty tasty! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom